'The Extra Man'

Aaron78

One of the things which was very obvious in yesterday's performance was how important a positive Tynecastle makes to our performance and then our result. 

I have been as poor as anyone this season at games - disengaged, bored and generally unlikely to actively support the team, but a raucous, aggressive Tynecastle is worth a goal head start to the team. 

I think we now need to realise that we are now in a position. Where we can't just raise the atmosphere for the games against the so called bigger games against the old firm, Hibs, Aberdeen but now have to do so against every team that comes to Tynecastle this season if we are to give ourselves this beat opportunity to escape relegation. 

Like it or not, but we find ourselves in a place where our real rivals are the St Mirrens and Hamiltons of the world and these are the teams we need to take victories against. 

So, how do we do this? How do we reset the dial and as supporters do our best to ensure that we are supporting a team in the Premiership next season?

We now find ourselves in a position where an improvement in the first team squad may not be enough unless we as supporters take responsibility for making Tynecastle the intimidating place to play in that it is when we are all on our game too..

Are we capable of also stepping up our game as supporters now that it really counts? 

Edited by Aaron78

2 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

One of the things which was very obvious in yesterday's performance was how important a positive Tynecastle makes to our performance and then our result. 

I have been as poor as anyone this season at games - disengaged, bored and generally unlikely to actively support the team, but a raucous, aggressive Tynecastle is worth a goal head start to the team. 

I think we now need to realise that we are now in a position. Where we can't just raise the atmosphere for the games against the so called bigger games against the old firm, Hibs, Aberdeen but now have to do so against every team that comes to Tynecastle this season if we are to give ourselves this beat opportunity to escape relegation. 

Like it or not, but we find ourselves in a place where our real rivals are the St Mirrens and Hamiltons of the world and these are the teams we need to take victories against. 

So, how do we do this? How do we reset the dial and as supporters do our best to ensure that we are supporting a team in the Premiership next season?

We now find ourselves in a position where an improvement in the first team squad may not be enough unless we as supporters take responsibility for making Tynecastle the intimidating place to play in that it is when we are all on our game too..

Are we capable of also stepping up our game as supporters now that it really counts? 

The stands will start rocking against anyone if we get performances like we did yesterday

The support will feed of this and Stendel and players will feed of it as well 

This will happen sooner rather than later imo

the support was fantastic yesterday

The encouraging thing yesterday was when the odd mistake was made or when a shot went astray there wasn't booing or folk getting on the players backs. The fans stayed onside throughout. When the players are giving what they gave yesterday the fans will respond as they did yesterday.

I really enjoyed the game. It's nice to enjoy football again

I still don’t get the hoards that leave 5 mins from end. I get it that some people have to leave for work, etc but not in the numbers that do. What’s up with you???

4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

The stands will start rocking against anyone if we get performances like we did yesterday

The support will feed of this and Stendel and players will feed of it as well 

This will happen sooner rather than later imo

the support was fantastic yesterday

This, all day long. 

I think it will happen soon as well. 

Hopefully right after the break because I think the players will be a lot fitter when the manager has had a free reign on them at training with no games and some new faces in that can play the Stendel way. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Aberdeen had extra men too..the ref & the 2 linesman & the fourth official 

The blatant fouls against us seemed to be missed by them but seen by every fan in the ground.

Atmosphere was incredible yesterday.  It's seems a long time since we have had such energy to feed off.   We may, just may have brought the right man in just in time.  Roller coaster ahead but bring it on.  

Support was great yesterday its going to play a big part in us trying to stay up..

With the extra backing it gives our players and also putting off the opposition  players it could prove vital come the end of the season

42 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I still don’t get the hoards that leave 5 mins from end. I get it that some people have to leave for work, etc but not in the numbers that do. What’s up with you???

I've been leaving 5mins early virtually all season. When I have no intention of applauding (or booing) them off the park. There's been no motivation or desire to stay to the end. 

I stayed to the end yesterday, and didn't notice many people leaving early. Never understood why people get annoyed by it either way. 

43 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Atmosphere was crackling yesterday, we need the siege mentality and a feeling of us all  ‘standing with Stendel’

I totally agree. I hope we all come into each game with that exact mindset - every game has the importance of a cup final now, and in particular we need to take as many points as possible from home games. 

If we can crank up the atmosphere for home games against the 'lesser teams' we give ourselves the best opportunity of staying up, as long as the players also respond. 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

:calmdown:

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

agreed

it annoys me too seeing loads of people leaving with 5 mins to go.

I bet if it was a cup final and we were winning, they wouldn't leave early

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Out of my seat several times yesterday. Haven't got close to that feeling. Intrinsically linked the feeling off one another 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Aberdeen games are always good ones

I have always enjoyed games against them. I recall one game in mid week when the Shed was rammed (no pun intended) and by the end of the game I found myself at the bottom next to the perimeter fencing. Bumped into half my school mates and half my work. The whole end was bouncing. Happy days.

3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Atmosphere was crackling yesterday, we need the siege mentality and a feeling of us all  ‘standing with Stendel’

Noticed that myself yesterday considering the recent form and coming of

a derby defeat our loyalty will always be there

2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Noticed that myself yesterday considering the recent form and coming of

a derby defeat our loyalty will always be there

Exactly.👍

3 hours ago, stotty said:

The lack of atmosphere has been a direct result of Levein's brand of football. Play football like we did yesterday and the fans will back the team 100%.

Spot on! 👍

loveofthegame

agreed

What a ridiculous comparison, BTW.

I don't leave early unless it is garbage and we are getting beaten comfortably with little/no chance of getting back into the game or if the team are showing nothing worth getting behind. That has happened more than any other time in my Hearts supporting life this season. I left at 2-0 on Thursday as the pub with my mates was more appealing than listening to the green hordes enjoy themselves at our expense.

However I have very little issue with folk who do leave early even if I don't understand it (in a tight game, for example), as ultimately that is their choice.

Governor Tarkin

You think?

1 minute ago, loveofthegame said:

What a ridiculous comparison, BTW.

I don't leave early unless it is garbage and we are getting beaten comfortably with little/no chance of getting back into the game or if the team are showing nothing worth getting behind. That has happened more than any other time in my Hearts supporting life this season. I left at 2-0 on Thursday as the pub with my mates was more appealing than listening to the green hordes enjoy themselves at our expense.

However I have very little issue with folk who do leave early even if I don't understand it (in a tight game, for example), as ultimately that is their choice.

entitled to your opinion

I just don't like seeing it.

You wouldn't leave the cinema with 5 mins to go would you

absolutely no surprise that when the crowd are up for being positive so are the team and vice versa!

we all need to play our part now.

lets lose the negativity......i heard not one piece of negativity yesterday - cant remember the last time that was the case

loveofthegame
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

entitled to your opinion

It depends, if the film is garbage then I would leave earlier than 5 mins from the end!!!

Whenever we go a goal down instead of booing we should encourage hearts to get back in the game, I believe that’s what kept the team going after the red card on Sunday. Any player hearing encouragement is going to feed off that just as much as when the head goes down at booing.

3 hours ago, stotty said:

The lack of atmosphere has been a direct result of Levein's brand of football. Play football like we did yesterday and the fans will back the team 100%.

This.......

Big Slim Stylee
34 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

entitled to your opinion

I’ve frequently left films with only twenty minutes gone if they’re shite. Never seen the problem with people leaving whenever they want. None of my business what reason they have.

3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I’ve frequently left films with only twenty minutes gone if they’re shite. Never seen the problem with people leaving whenever they want. None of my business what reason they have.

It is when they get in the way /ruin the view

5 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I said this to my daughter yesterday. 1-1 with 5 minutes to go, the game could go either way and we’re up and down like yo-yo’s letting folk leave. 
I just don’t get it!

I'll leave early if I feel the games over but no way I was leaving yesterday. 

Folk can do as they please as long as they don't obstruct the view for others as they are leaving. 

I'm not really understanding, some have been telling us for months that Budge had killed the atmosphere by banning everything. :ermm:

pettigrewsstylist
14 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Isnt it amazing what players actually earning their wages can do. Long may it continue. Doubt fans need cajoled tbh.

14 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Was the gorgie boys and the drummer laddie there yesterday? Didnt hear or see them at all...

8 hours ago, rubyruby said:

Aberdeen had extra men too..the ref & the 2 linesman & the fourth official 

The blatant fouls against us seemed to be missed by them but seen by every fan in the ground.

Ref was a f....g  a.........e !!!

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, stotty said:

The atmosphere was dire long before Levein AND Budge came in. 

2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

The atmosphere was dire long before Levein AND Budge came in. 

Atmosphere is directly related to performance, hence why it was noticeably better yesterday. 

...a bit disco
3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Was the gorgie boys and the drummer laddie there yesterday? Didnt hear or see them at all...

Didn't need them either.