Recruitment we can't be ****ing about all window.

vegas-voss

8 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

You forgot a keeper.

I did say minimum required. I do think if we can solve those 5 areas (without getting a keeper). We’ll get safe and stendel will beast the lot of them in the summer and see who’s up for it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DH1986

• Famous 1874

• OTT

• pettigrewsstylist

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

husref musemic
27 minutes ago, jake said:

John Murray is another one that needs hunted.

he should blush every month when his salary goes in the bank.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

We’re in a very tough position......we’re not in a great position to be handing out contracts all over the place.

I suspect we’ll go with more loanees than anything and look at summer rebuild.

That would be disastrous.   Loanees have no investment in the club whatsoever.   Not what you want in a dogfight.   

34 minutes ago, skodef said:

Aye.Why oh why has she let Levein run this shitshow from last November holy shit unbelievable. 

Let's hope she finds the funds from somewhere???? Or were going to toil even more if thats possible!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
51 minutes ago, jake said:

Dont worry the recruitment is in safe hands with the football guru that is Austin McPhee.

Charity Levein wont stick his useless nose in .

Austin ‘I can speak to players’ McPhee.

Can imagine he’s currently contributing **** all, as usual 

2 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Wishful thinking. Hard to imagine any funds being available unless we punt hickey . 

It will be loan deals in most cases I’d think. Signings in summer. 

1 hour ago, jambotony said:

How is this so hard for people to understand?? 

the ONLY person who will be responsible for choosing any players In or out of the club is Stendel!! Full stop, no ifs buts or maybes.. stendel and stendel alone will pick who he wants.

AM’s only remit is to find clubs for the players STENDEL DOESNT WANT and recruit the players STENDEL CHOOSES.. no one else will pick or choose any player apart from Stendel 

is that clear enough?? 

Ann Budge has said players will need to be moved on to help with player in budgets! 

Either they are too thick to listen or read or they are driving their agenda. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Craig Levein is no longer involved in player recruitment for the first team.

You should really have got that by now.

So who is then?

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, jambotony said:

the ONLY person who will be responsible for choosing any players In or out of the club is Stendel!! Full stop, no ifs buts or maybes.. stendel and stendel alone will pick who he wants.

AM’s only remit is to find clubs for the players STENDEL DOESNT WANT and recruit the players STENDEL CHOOSES.. no one else will pick or choose any player apart from Stendel 

is that clear enough?? 

Ann Budge has said players will need to be moved on to help with player in budgets! 

Tony, thats not my understanding of the current set up, though granted thats purely from popular news outlets. Do you have a link or likewise to share that supports what you are saying above pse?

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

I hear this all the time but genuine question. Who would buy any of our players? We won’t be able to give them away.  

who is going to buy any of the shit players we have ergh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  yeah NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!:rifle:

John Gentleman
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Budge personally has millions - she is massively responsible for the position we are in so frankly “dip in tae yer purse hen!”

.....and I hope she's got the phone number for the 'benefactors'.

Straight away should be punting players who are out of contract in the summer (Maclean, Dikamona, Bozanic and Whelan). I’d also send both Pereira and Meshino back to their parent clubs. Then we should try to actively sell or loan out the remaining shite (which is a lot). Hickey going will fund money for players to be payed off (unfortunately but it is necessary) and for some players to come in, as mentioned below. 

I’d first be trying to get Craig Gordon back whether it be permanent or on loan. I’d then be on the phone to Jimmy Dunne to get him and I’d be asking Rangers about Greg Docherty also on loan. 3 players who would immediately improve us, 2 who previously have been successful at the club, which is a bonus. 

We’ll then have to definitely bring in at least 2 strikers, along with another attacking midfielder, a left back and right back and at least two wingers, These are the minimum number of players required imo, which just shows how bad the recruitment has been under Levein, MacPhee and John Murray. 

Obviously the incoming players will be based around the financial muscle than Budge is willing to flex, however it will also be important to identify when the injured players are actually going to come back. 

Ideally the defence and midfield would look something like this and i don’t think it would be unrealistic at all. Obviously Stendel will know some targets already but these are the types of players I want at Hearts. 

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Halkett ?

Haring Docherty

? ? ?

?

52 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Tony, thats not my understanding of the current set up, though granted thats purely from popular news outlets. Do you have a link or likewise to share that supports what you are saying above pse?

Can’t quite recall but it was in the statements that confirmed McPhee working from home and Keveen in the afternoon etc 

Ronald Villiers

According to Budge we will need to move players on if Stendel is to strengthen the team.  Contract wise, who are we likely to be able to move on this upcoming transfer window?  I know the likes of Naismith and Damour are on 4 year deals.  I can't think of any of our top earners that we could move on to free up some wages.  McLean, Whelan and possibly Clare are the only ones that spring to mind.

Italian Lambretta

Naismith knows we are in deep shit and he knows his wage would probably pay for a couple of decent players. He should do the honourable thing and announce his retirement from football. 

Surely (well hopefully) someone down south would take Whelan. It doesnt look like he want to be here and he must be on a decent wage. So many others I'm not sure we can shift. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

According to Budge we will need to move players on if Stendel is to strengthen the team.  Contract wise, who are we likely to be able to move on this upcoming transfer window?  I know the likes of Naismith and Damour are on 4 year deals.  I can't think of any of our top earners that we could move on to free up some wages.  McLean, Whelan and possibly Clare are the only ones that spring to mind.

Theres about 285 threads that have the answers you're looking for in them.

Ronald Villiers

Aye, 285?  You could've named the players that we could move on in the time that you took to post your reply then eh!

1 minute ago, Ronald Villiers said:

That in itself would be good.

Pereira back to Man U and wouldn't be too upset if Meshino returned to City.  He may or may not be a good player but he has done little for us.

I have a feeling others will be encouraged to find other clubs giving them the opportunity to get a contract elsewhere before the market is flooded in the summer.

The academy is something else that could find itself trimmed and I suspect that is a job CL is being tasked with.  IMO the ratio of players emerging from there to make any meaningful impact is too small in relation to the numbers/cost of running it.

Allowayjambo1874

Here are the contract details for the squad;

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian-fc/kader/verein/43/saison_id/2019

No one who’s contract expires in the summer will walk without a payout. There are 5 players contracted to 2022 (Walker, Souttar, Haring, Mulraney, Uche) and Damour/Naismith until 2023.

The only way people are going to go is if you bluntly tell them they won’t be playing with the first team anymore and we won’t stand in their way if the get another club. 

Nobody will walk just away from a contract earning a decent wage without walking into another job.

Cannot see a queue of clubs jumping at the chance to take any of these jokers atm.

16 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Craig Levein is no longer involved in player recruitment for the first team.

You should really have got that by now.

I don't think fans will be confident until he leaves club completely 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Aye, 285?  You could've named the players that we could move on in the time that you took to post your reply then eh!

The same way you could have just used one of the other threads on exactly the same subject then instead of just starting another?

Its becoming impossible to get through this place due to attention seekers just starting numerous threads on the same subject. 

Players who sit on long term contracts have to consider a number of things.....Do they sit tight until their contracts run out knowing that they are going to get paid (obvious!) The downside is not playing football which could potentially damage their football careers long term. I'm not sure what kind of money these guys are getting paid, don't imagine that it would be ridiculous figures, which should'nt be a barrier for any club coming in for them.. 

27 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

The day we signed Damour I looked at the YouTube compilation that someone posted. My thoughts were that he didn’t look very good and that his touch was poor and as a result he was lunging into tackles. I thought he’s collect bookings and give away too many fouls & penalties. So far from what I’ve seen is exactly what I seen in the video. How anyone thought this guy was any good is beyond me. Levein chased him for a few years as well. I know it’s early days for him but I’ve written him off. Absolutely hopeless. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, henry said:

The day we signed Damour I looked at the YouTube compilation that someone posted. My thoughts were that he didn’t look very good and that his touch was poor and as a result he was lunging into tackles. I thought he’s collect bookings and give away too many fouls & penalties. So far from what I’ve seen is exactly what I seen in the video. How anyone thought this guy was any good is beyond me. Levein chased him for a few years as well. I know it’s early days for him but I’ve written him off. Absolutely hopeless. 

agree.. it’s just beyond belief.. I’ve no idea how he played so many games for Cardiff either 

31 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Naismith knows we are in deep shit and he knows his wage would probably pay for a couple of decent players. He should do the honourable thing and announce his retirement from football. 

This! 👏 And take the Kilmarnock job.  

Shooter McGavin
15 hours ago, jambotony said:

is that clear enough?? 

She also said Levein was doing a “really, really good job”

We’re now rock bottom and needing a full squad clear out in January to try and avoid relegation. 

She doesn’t have a clue about how the football department is run, so her word on it is worth **** all.

34 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You mean a bit like Craig Levein.

Allowayjambo1874

I’m not sure how we can punt players with 6 months left on their contract without paying them up. That takes money out the pot. 

For just about everyone else you can let them know if they find another club in January we will be easy to deal with, it’ll be a mutual agreement job. However how many would go? 1-2 maybe at a push. For the remainder left I’m not sure they will be busting a gut for the rest of the season when they know they are not wanted long term.

So the only other way forward is to bring 4-5 new players and bloat the squad until the summer.  And that is expensive.

What an absolute joke recruitment has been and we are literally paying for it big style now.

Dikamona,  McLean, Bozanic may be engineered away to make space. 

Think you’d have a fight to get Mulraney, Clare and Wighton offloaded given their contracts. 

All considered I’ve felt it’ll be loans out and in then reassess in the summer regards permanent moves in and out. I think it may be the one time Budge loosens the purse strings whether or not we balance the books. 

Edited by Debut 4

16 hours ago, husref musemic said:

thanks im aware of that. 

I'm talking about John Murray (still here).& associates in the recruitment dept. 

We would just have to hope that Stendel has specific players in mind and doesn't just say get me an attacking midfielder etc.

15 hours ago, jambotony said:

No he’s not!! The only person “ identifying targets “ is Stendel this has been said and clarified and verified and confirmed but some people still want to peddle BS and rubbish to suit their arguments 

I don’t hold out much hope of him getting listened to seeing as we can’t even get his assistants in that he wants.

People saying we can’t afford to do this or we can’t afford to do that.

Relegation for this club will have a far bigger financial impact than paying some players contracts up or stretching the budget that wee bit.

55 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Possibly. Replace Naismith with Berra then definitely.

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

who is going to buy any of the shit players we have ergh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  yeah NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!:rifle:

Our only faint hope is some other stupid club comes in and takes Craig Levein off our hands right now and makes him boss. 

More likely to see Michael Stewart and Craig Levein having a pint together than that happening though :(

16 hours ago, jambotony said:

is that clear enough?? 

What a bizarre way to talk to fellow fans. The club's going down the pan. Maybe get angry about that , if you have to get angry. 

Berra could probably get a role at Dundee Utd without much difficulty. 

Clare, Mulraney, Bozanic, Maclean, Uche we need to move on. Doyle, Bobby & Joel can all go too. 

That cuts down the dross in the squad massively. We need all of this ready to go for the first day of the window. 

We might be able to get a little bit of cash for Uche and maybe Clare but outside of that we need to be finding clubs for the rest. I suspect Stendel actually likes Macleans attitude so probably won't see him move but the rest shouldn't be too hard (I actually think Utd might take Mulraney too and Bozanic could help in their title push). 

Edit: Dikamona too. Whoever wants him...

Okay, yes. My master plan is phone up Robbie and beg him to take as many of the clowns as possible :P 

Edited by OTT

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Does anyone know what realistic strikers are available in January? 

Probably the type of strikers we usually sign, you know the ones that haven't scored for their clubs in a year or are crocked! 

Hopefully Stendel will avoid his predecessors fixation with strikers of that ilk!

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Possibly. Replace Naismith with Berra then definitely.

Replace a player who plays every week for one that plays 1 game in 20?

Hopefully stendel has a few gems up his sleeve and more importantly, left to get on with bringing them in.

Hoping we can also clear out 6 or 7+ players who aren't good enough - clare, white, mulraney, wighton, mclean and bozanic would be a good start.

Edited by Paulp74

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Berra could probably get a role at Dundee Utd without much difficulty. 

Clare, Mulraney, Bozanic, Maclean, Uche we need to move on. Doyle, Bobby & Joel can all go too. 

That cuts down the dross in the squad massively. We need all of this ready to go for the first day of the window. 

We might be able to get a little bit of cash for Uche and maybe Clare but outside of that we need to be finding clubs for the rest. I suspect Stendel actually likes Macleans attitude so probably won't see him move but the rest shouldn't be too hard (I actually think Utd might take Mulraney too and Bozanic could help in their title push). 

Edit: Dikamona too. Whoever wants him...

Okay, yes. My master plan is phone up Robbie and beg him to take as many of the clowns as possible :P 

Forget moving players on - the club doesn't have the cash to buy the whole new team needed in the first place. This is going to be a big test to see how deep ABs pockets are. 2 or 3 players max , I reckon and hopefully no more loanees. 

The players we bring in have to be brought in on contracts, none of this 6 month loan pish!! 
the players brought in need to care about their future at the club and be willing to fight to keep us in the top league and not just happy to have a wage for 6 months.

its a massive Shit sandwich and everyone is going to have to take a bite!!!

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

The players we bring in have to be brought in on contracts, none of this 6 month loan pish!! 
the players brought in need to care about their future at the club and be willing to fight to keep us in the top league and not just happy to have a wage for 6 months.

its a massive Shit sandwich and everyone is going to have to take a bite!!!

only problem is it’s hard to do that at this time of year.. players you would want on long term contracts tend to already be under contract.. 

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Forget moving players on - the club doesn't have the cash to buy the whole new team needed in the first place. This is going to be a big test to see how deep ABs pockets are. 2 or 3 players max , I reckon and hopefully no more loanees. 

Hickey to man city I think is the only move we can make to create the cash we need. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Hickey will be sold and loaned back to fund some contract terminations and new players 

If that is what is required then so be it..

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hickey to man city I think is the only move we can make to create the cash we need. 

Agreed. But then he'll also have to be replaced.