Sean Clare

tian447

I thought he was one of our better outlets this afternoon, willing to take a touch and more importantly drive forwards. Yes, a few misplaced passes were there, but I thought he was doing well.  He was making good runs down the sides and the through ball option was constantly ignored in favour of a mindless pump forward, when in fact he was much better placed to do something with it.

Yes, his goal attempt was comical, but that's to be expected from a player who gets shouted at every single second of a match from the crowd.

Booing him and applauding his substitution was an absolutely rotten thing to do, and we as a support should be much better than that.  How are our players supposed to perform when everyone is on their backs?  No wonder there is no creative play or effort in the team, because if it doesn't come off, you get that kind of response. 

The football is shite, but we need to be far more supportive than we are. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shaggy

• BackOfTheNet

• Diadora Van Basten

• Phil Dunphy

Not a great player but better than bozanic and whelan today.   

Unfortunutly clare can have all the talent in the world but lacks the mentality to be a player at tynecastle

Not for me. Too lightweight, never reads a ball into someone else he can play off.

How often does he get efforts on goal or plays a telling pass?  I. Just think he’s part of the problem of where we are. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

He'll be gone in the summer. At his own request, imo.

I can very much see that happening.  I wouldn't want to put up with it, if it was me! 

Just now, GinRummy said:

This thread is going to be a catastrophe.

The fact that you're probably right is a shame, and shows exactly how people let things cloud their judgement. 

Not a fan of Clare (mostly because he frustrates me as I think he has ability) but he was far from the worst today and the reaction to him being taken off was out of order. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Not for me. Too lightweight, never reads a ball into someone else he can play off.

How often does he get efforts on goal or plays a telling pass?  I. Just think he’s part of the problem of where we are. 

He fairly put himself about today, and went in for quite a few tackles. In fact, I think he made more tackles today than he has in the rest of the season combined!  Looked like he was trying, more than players like Walker who got a very easy ride for such a poor output! 

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

He'll be gone in the summer. At his own request, imo.

And who can blame him? We really do have some phannies in amongst our "support".

Just now, graygo said:

4 paragraphs, can only agree with 3 of them.

The first one isn't how I saw him today, I thought he was poor again.

Like I said, if players had looked up and seen the space he was in at times, it could have been a much different game. Clare was in acres of space a lot of the time, and didn't even get a look in.   As a result, he didn't get much of a chance. 

Anyway, the point is, we should never be booing someone in a maroon shirt, unless we get Arbroath or Stenhousemuir away!! 

He should be playing centrally, the most forward of the midfield, moving onto second balls.

There is nothing he or we can do with people who cheer players off. He has to know it's not all Hearts supporters and with that in mind, he needs to take it for what it is and be professional.

Just now, tian447 said:

Like I said, if players had looked up and seen the space he was in at times, it could have been a much different game. Clare was in acres of space a lot of the time, and didn't even get a look in.   As a result, he didn't get much of a chance. 

Anyway, the point is, we should never be booing someone in a maroon shirt, unless we get Arbroath or Stenhousemuir away!! 

Absolutely, I was cringing when he went off.

Just now, Forza Cuore said:

That was embarrassing. No need.

He's terrible.....with a terrible, horrible shitehawk attitude.....hard to support that for a guy with an incredible 50+ appearances, yes more than 50!!!!!........incredible

Thought Police

So that’s another player we won’t have for the rest of the season cause why the hell would he try a lick again? He was far from the worst today.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This thread is going to be a catastrophe.

FWIW he wasn’t as poor as Whelan or Bozanic.

Bozanic is 21st century Ally Mauchlen without the menace 

19 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I thought he was one of our better outlets this afternoon, willing to take a touch and more importantly drive forwards. Yes, a few misplaced passes were there, but I thought he was doing well.  He was making good runs down the sides and the through ball option was constantly ignored in favour of a mindless pump forward, when in fact he was much better placed to do something with it.

Yes, his goal attempt was comical, but that's to be expected from a player who gets shouted at every single second of a match from the crowd.

Booing him and applauding his substitution was an absolutely rotten thing to do, and we as a support should be much better than that.  How are our players supposed to perform when everyone is on their backs?  No wonder there is no creative play or effort in the team, because if it doesn't come off, you get that kind of response. 

Agree totally.  How is that reaction to his sub going to help a player already at rock bottom confidence wise?

Also don't get the stuff about him having a terrible attitude.  He always looks for it despite the abuse, he puts tackles in, he wins his share of headers.  It might not be working out for him but he was far from the worst today.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Haha...which says Ally Moch was decent yet hardly played 😂

Thought the idea was to have a reset and give everyone a do over? If we don't back the manager and the players we'll end up in a tailspin that drives us into the ground.

7 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

So that’s another player we won’t have for the rest of the season cause why the hell would he try a lick again? He was far from the worst today.

Yeah but he  has to keep it in perspective. Or else, we're saying he doesn't know they're too far gone to even see the stuff that isn't shit.

Edited by Riccarton3

been here before
8 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Personal pride, self respect?

Holyrood_Hearts

The people who applauded & cheered his substitution should be ashamed of themselves.  It’s pathetic behaviour. 

He wasn’t great but neither were most of the team & didn’t deserve that. So much for backing your own.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He needs that wee Sgt Major moustache and a side parting though.

Thought Police
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Personal pride, self respect?

Nah, if I was jeered off I’d do a Xhaka and tell the fans to bolt

Edited by Thought Police

I must admit, I did not like the applauding at his substitution. There's no need for it, and we won't do ourselves any favors carrying on like that, no matter what you think of him.

Diadora Van Basten

Was disappointed Murray Davidson didn’t hit him harder to be honest. 

I hate his attitude and the way he can only run in straight lines.

I knew a new manager would mean him back in the team and hopefully the boos when he got subbed will let the manager know he’s rank rotten.

VagabondJambo
22 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Agree, tian, with everything you say.

I thought that everyone was going to be given a clean slate today (FIRST game for our new manager)! . . . but no!  After some early nice touches and determined tackles by Sean (which went unapplauded as far as I could hear), his first misplaced pass was greeted with embarrassing negativity.

The booing when he went off was

totally out of order and disgraceful - as was every half-time and full-time boo.

I’m sure it’s quoted elsewhere, however, Daniel, post-match, said “hope the fans give the players more chance to change the opinion, because we need help from the stands.”

Booing any players or staff on the first match is NOT support’

Very good post, Tien!

portobellojambo1
28 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There were two or three out there today who I thought might have a chance to play their way into Stendel's thinking, those being Clare, Bozanic and McLean. I now hope all three will be away from Tynecastle by the time we come back from the Winter break. Whelan is also just a mystery to me, he has played at a high level, still looks very good when he plays for Ireland but just doesn't do it for us for some reason.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

There were two or three out there today who I thought might have a chance to play their way into Stendel's thinking, those being Clare, Bozanic and McLean. I now hope all three will be away from Tynecastle by the time we come back from the Winter break. Whelan is also just a mystery to me, he has played at a high level, still looks very good when he plays for Ireland but just doesn't do it for us for some reason.

I don't expect at 35 he expected to have such a heavy responsibility and to be surrounded by such a dearth of talent. 

Diadora Van Basten
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That’s the three players who I wouldn’t have started today.

45 minutes ago, kila said:

Like the rest of the team it wasn't his day today

Agree the jeering of his substitution is pathetic

the jeering embarrassed me. Especially today. Weapons in the support for doing that. Of all days

He is a terrible excuse for a footballer.  People like Clare and McLean are  a waste of a Jersey when we are in a battle 

The sooner they leave the better 

bigsuperslim1874

Nowhere close to being the worst. Maclean, Bozanic, Bobby were all worse for a start.

The folk booing etc should be embarrassed.

Not good enough, like the vast majority of them but agree with the OP that the booing and jeering when he came off was unnecessary and embarrassing 

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, VagabondJambo said:

Booing any players or staff on the first match is NOT support’

I've just pulled the one line out of your previous post as I presumed the wording related to Sean Clare. I do agree that applauding when he went off was a bit much, but regards what you say above while it was Tendel's first match it wasn't Clare's. And there was no improvement on what we have seen from him when he has played for us before. I actually think he missed a good chance to show what he can do but didn't take that opportunity today, even before the tackle made on him.  And the state of the team that Levein has left us with means that Stendel really doesn't have much time to start on the major fixes required. I just can't imagine that those who couldn't cope today will perform any better in the upcoming games versus Celtic, Hamilton, Hibernian and Aberdeen

36 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

See this? Folk just don't get it. 

Why should Sean Clare bust a gut for a support who treat him like shit? 

Big John Colquhoun

Echo everyone else, cheering off one of our own players was pathetic and a shit thing to do. He was no worse than anyone else. Sure he’ll be looking to get as far away from Tynie as soon as he can (and doesn’t sound like too many will care) but while he’s here and on the pitch, don’t take the piss out the guy.

17 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I knew a new manager would mean him back in the team and hopefully the boos when he got subbed will let the manager know he’s rank rotten.

Shocking post. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

See this? Folk just don't get it. 

Why should Sean Clare bust a gut for a support who treat him like shit? 

You are joking aye? I don’t boo our own players but you’re suggesting he’ll not try as hard because he’s getting stick from the stands?

in which case he’s in the wrong job.

Just now, GinRummy said:

You are joking aye? I don’t boo our own players but you’re suggesting he’ll not try as hard because he’s getting stick from the stands?

in which case he’s in the wrong job.

The abuse that laddie gets is completely over the top. The moment the utter mouth breathers in our support wake up and realise the shit they fire at him is counter productive the better for everyone.

Opposition fans don't need to try and ruin our players confidence, the goons in our support have done that before they've even got in the car.

25 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I'll happily take a warning point and a suspension to call you a *****.

Just now, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Nowhere close to being the worst. Maclean, Bozanic, Bobby were all worse for a start.

The folk booing etc should be embarrassed.

No reason to embarrassed for anyone except Sean Clare who is a wage thief. Offers nothing to the team, however if I was on a decent wedge I'd happily start for Hearts nine out of ten weeks too whilst never putting in a shift