Passport Advice

duckandcover

duckandcover

Just wondering if any one can help, off on holiday at the end of September, checked my passport and it has got quite a bad water mark going through the corner of all the pages. It does also slightly affect my picture. Does anyone think I should just leave it and hope for the best or get a replacement? Any help would be much appreciated.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'd ask at the passport office in the Weeg but be prepared for a shafting if you need a new one

I lost mine and needed a new one in a hurry, 2 days off work and a hundred and odd quid later I got a new one.

Sare

Just wondering if any one can help, off on holiday at the end of September, checked my passport and it has got quite a bad water mark going through the corner of all the pages. It does also slightly affect my picture. Does anyone think I should just leave it and hope for the best or get a replacement? Any help would be much appreciated.

I would get it replaced. Have a friend who works at Manchester airport and they are really funny about damaged passports. Just not worth you not getting to go on your holiday.

steviefrailspants

Unfortunately the above posters are probably right, you'll more than likely be told to get a new one. They are totally obsessed with the minute details these days, ie no smiling in the picture, no hair covering ears etc.. so they are unlikely to let you off with a big watermark damaging your picture.

I've just had to renew at a cost of ?72 !!

It took about two weeks to come back.

Say What Again

The guy at work had to go through last week and renew his for less damage than what it sounds like you have mate. The plastic page covering was coming away slightly at the corner so he got a new passport.

He asked them at the passport office if his old passport would have been rejected at the airport and they told him it would have.

Malcolm Tucker

Speaking of stuff like this, I've lost my E1-11 card. Do i need it to go abroad or what?

duckandcover

Awrite, thanks for every ones help, think i will get a replacement to be on the safe side.

MackaysCentreSpot
Unfortunately the above posters are probably right, you'll more than likely be told to get a new one. They are totally obsessed with the minute details these days, ie no smiling in the picture, no hair covering ears etc.. so they are unlikely to let you off with a big watermark damaging your picture.

I've just had to renew at a cost of ?72 !!

It took about two weeks to come back.

Had a problem getting mine.

Had to renew and they are so fussy when it comes to pics.

Had to send 5 different photos before they decided it was acceptable.

A complete joke.

Archived