There's a good squad at Hearts

Greedy Jambo

There is a fundamental lack of football courage in that team. No one wants to carry the ball and drive with it, they would rather lay it off square until eventually it gets clipped in the air up a channel. 

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I wonder if he meant that we won’t get all 4 back ? Sooty, Haring and Washington should be fine but do you think he meant Naisy ?

Difficult to say but to me it is becoming ever more obvious that Naismith appears unlikely to ever be a regular starter. I'm in the camp that Lafferty should have been resigned when he was available. He is actual quality and not made of glass.

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Compared to the other squads I disagree. 

However, we have 3/4 players that are simply not good enough. 

Also Had a lot of key players out. 

We have a better squad than at least 6 of the other teams, possibly 8.

We do lack focus, balance and cohesion tho. 

We are a poor "team" currently tho and that is what matters. 

3 or 4? ..You're being incredibly generous there imo. Time will tell I suppose.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Difficult to say but to me it is becoming ever more obvious that Naismith appears unlikely to ever be a regular starter. I'm in the camp that Lafferty should have been resigned when he was available. He is actual quality and not made of glass.

100% with you there 

Some just couldn’t get over him leaving for the hun which I get to a degree but it was his last shot with his boyhood team and we got good money for him and were repaid with his performances on the pitch 

obviously it didn’t work out for him when he made the move so when he became available and indicated he would like to come back my immediate thought was that he realises that he had made a mistake 

a lot of folk were more interested in his religious preferences whereas I just thought he was a player that got us as a club and as supporters got him as a player. We had a real affinity with him in his time with us and I loved watching him as a player 

would have took him back in a heartbeat 

Most of this squad are damaged goods. Too many are broken and there is no way back for them.

Zlamal

Doyle

Periera

Brandon

Dikamona

Berra

White

Garrucio

Bozanic

Walker

Clare

Damour

Mulraney

Morrison

McLean

Wighton

Uche

Keena

That is a big pile of shit right there to move on.

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

100% with you there 

Some just couldn’t get over him leaving for the hun which I get to a degree but it was his last shot with his boyhood team and we got good money for him and were repaid with his performances on the pitch 

obviously it didn’t work out for him when he made the move so when he became available and indicated he would like to come back my immediate thought was that he realises that he had made a mistake 

a lot of folk were more interested in his religious preferences whereas I just thought he was a player that got us as a club and as supporters got him as a player. We had a real affinity with him in his time with us and I loved watching him as a player 

would have took him back in a heartbeat 

Ironic that so many cite the bigotry of the OF then put on display their own bigotry. Lafferty would have been an excellent addition to the squad and would have been a regular starter.

And despite the fact he didn't make it at Rangers look at what he was up against. A Morelos on fire. And when he did get in he scored goals for them against quality opposition. He scored away against Sevilla in the Europa league.

Hearts should have been all over it when he actually expressed a desire to return. Who knows if it were the bigotry of some who put the club off. It would appear their own bigotry is more important to some than the good of the club.

10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Most of this squad are damaged goods. Too many are broken and there is no way back for them.

Zlamal

Doyle

Periera

Brandon

Dikamona

Berra

White

Garrucio

Bozanic

Walker

Clare

Damour

Mulraney

Morrison

McLean

Wighton

Uche

Keena

Bar one or two debating points, that’s pretty damning and bang on.  

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Zlamal

Doyle

Periera

Brandon

Dikamona

Berra

White

Garrucio

Bozanic

Walker

Clare

Damour

Mulraney

Morrison

McLean

Wighton

Uche

Keena

This is the reality.18 players.Wow has there ever been a football club so woefully mismanaged.

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yes there is. It’s the mentality that’s rock bottom and useless. It’s the mentality that’s been created from the old manager down that’s the problem. No standards. No attention to detail. Just make and excuse and move on, week after week. Lower the bar not raise the standard. It kills confidence and that’s what we see now. The squad is more than capable, goal keepers aside. 3 years with no real idea of style or identity of play. Formation changing weekly. Players changing weekly. 3 times in 3 years we’ve played back to back starting 11’s. Square pegs round hole mentality and champ man management. Focusing on not losing and doing the negative side of the game. No passion from anyone on the touchline. That’s our problem. 

The players have been a disgrace, there is no getting away from that. They have been allowed to tho and you can’t blame them for taking advantage of that. The vision from above hasn’t been there and when the people at the top haven’t a clue, that filters to the players. Naismith never made the squad again today yet Jamie Brandon is made to play last week even tho he was carrying a knock. One rule for one and another rule for someone else. We’ve all worked in work places this has happened and know that pisses people off. Place has been allowed to become a shambles. 

I read the first three words. You’re delusional. We’ve a lot of players that are not good enough for Heart of Midlothian. Hopefully we manage to move some of them on in January and replace them with better. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Its pretty much our full squad barring the ones who are injured 🤕 That’s the concern. Not that I disagree. 

DH 1986 may be a little unfair on Garrucio.  Otherwise I expect he is exactly right.  Maybe Stendel can get more out of these players but I'm not holding my breath.

JFK is 200% right.  Think he actually said he wanted to come back.  The irony.  Lafferty, proven goalscorer and motivator in the dressing room not wanted.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

3 or 4? ..You're being incredibly generous there imo. Time will tell I suppose.

Compared to the worst 6.

If we want in about the top 3/ 4 then yes. 

But this squad on paper is better than most. 

As a team, we are clearly not. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’m not sure there is. Forget what’s on paper and look at what’s on the pitch. Zero quality, zero drive, zero personality or character. We’re in real trouble.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m not sure there is. Forget what’s on paper and look at what’s on the pitch. Zero quality, zero drive, zero personality or character. We’re in real trouble.

I have to agree, it matters not a jot how this group of players look on paper. Right now we are in serious trouble, and we need as much surgery as possible in January.

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I have to agree, it matters not a jot how this group of players look on paper. Right now we are in serious trouble, and we need as much surgery as possible in January.

I see no way to overhaul this squad in January unless money is available to pay new players which I have my doubts about. Most of the names on that list above are contracted till 2021 at least and some till 2023.

If they're really that bad who is going to take them and pay them as much?

ooh-aah-cantona

We have such a bloated and mediocre squad, Levein should be facing criminal charges :lol:

Look at how many full time goalkeepers we have;

Zlamal

Doyle

Pereira

Silva

Mason 

Stone

Out of the 6, only young Harry Stone is the only one worth keeping (with a view to the future as he’s 16 year old).

The other 5 goalkeepers are not good enough to play here and it makes you wonder how much money we are wasting on them every week.

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I see no way to overhaul this squad in January unless money is available to pay new players which I have my doubts about. Most of the names on that list above are contracted till 2021 at least and some till 2023.

If they're really that bad who is going to take them and pay them as much?

I doubt anyone will pay them as much, but if they know that they'll be warming the bench at best, then maybe they'll take a hit on their salary.

4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I doubt anyone will pay them as much, but if they know that they'll be warming the bench at best, then maybe they'll take a hit on their salary.

And there lies the problem. It's out of the hands of the club and in the hands of these players whether there can be an overhaul any time soon.

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

And there lies the problem. It's out of the hands of the club and in the hands of these players whether there can be an overhaul any time soon.

Huge thanks to Mr Levein for the situation we now find ourselves in.

2 hours ago, Jambofifer said:

If Airdrie has us next week they’d take 3,4 of us 

Where would they take them and how do we decide which 3 or 4 gets to go?

44 minutes ago, graygo said:

Where would they take them and how do we decide which 3 or 4 gets to go?

Same as we've done 3 seasons on the spin lucky bag signings probably

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Totally agree ,,,,

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Totally agree ,,,,

All the more irritating that Lafferty was available on a free. It's likely the money to pay him has been blown on Naismith who may play 10 or 12 games a season and provide a handful of goals at best.

Not enough of a return for what's likely to be the best paid player in the squad.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

All the more irritating that Lafferty was available on a free. It's likely the money to pay him has been blown on Naismith who may play 10 or 12 games a season and provide a handful of goals at best.

Not enough of a return for what's likely to be the best paid player in the squad.

Hopefully stendel brings in a few in january, which might kick start the rest into playing" which might pull us out the shit ? Otherwise were in big bother !!!

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Hopefully stendel brings in a few in january, which might kick start the rest into playing" which might pull us out the shit ? Otherwise were in big bother !!!

I don't see how to bring anyone in till some go out. Thing is they have contracts and if they don't agree to go and/or no one wants them then that's that.

Bridge of Djoum
On 14/12/2019 at 16:00, Leveins Battalion said:

This is the reality.18 players.Wow has there ever been a football club so woefully mismanaged.

Yes. 

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There is actually. It definitely needs work though. 

Common sense answers are not welcome on this thread. Yerm Gem. 

Shooter McGavin

The 2013/14 squad would piss all over our current lot.

Hard to think of a more uninspiring squad than the one we’ve got at the moment. 

Arthur Morgan
On 14/12/2019 at 20:48, DH1986 said:

Zlamal

Doyle

Periera

Brandon

Dikamona

Berra

White

Garrucio

Bozanic

Walker

Clare

Damour

Mulraney

Morrison

McLean

Wighton

Uche

Keena

Sums us up really. Depressing stuff. 

Lets face it, despite the decent European form shown by the OF, I don't particularly think they're any real shakes, certainly not in historical terms anyway.  Next year, if we're honest,  we want at least fourth, and thereafter consistently third at least. (I know, I know lets get this season out the way first!).  Even if he gets the current squad gelin' are the majority of them realistically capable of challenging the status quo?  Not for me!  No strikers, no wingers/wing backs, and no midfield.  We rally are bereft of quality, and what constitutes that description are perennial sick-notes.

This is a good three-year project, and in three yrs I doubt you'll see any of these lads in a maroon shirt. 

On 14/12/2019 at 20:58, Debut 4 said:

But but we were told that we have the best squad in years. 

We've got lots of good players who have had every ounce of natural instinct, passion and confidence coached out of them.

Total rebuild but if the players manage to forget the last year and just go fresh with Danny, the squad doesn't need much IMO.

A few less injuries, or injuries to different players would help. If we could transfer Naismith, Haring and Washington's issues all on to MacLean it would help. Wonder if the club have considered voodoo?

On 14/12/2019 at 18:47, Whatever said:

Souttar Haring Naismith and Washington would make a big difference though.

What I would be doing however is recalling MacDonald and Cochrane and putting into the squad with Irvine ahead of Bozanic, Walker and Clare.

Washington has done absolutely noting to show he'd improve the side. 2 goals in 9 games and both were penalties - he's missed so many chances, I just don't see him making any difference. Souttar was also poor before he got injured as well, so we probably won't even see a decent performance from him til next season. Naismith and Haring being back won't be enough to improve performances - who knows how much we'll get from them, given their current injuries.

I don't see any improvement happening in the side when those players are back form injury. I think we're screwed and will have to rely winning the relegation play-off .

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Washington has done absolutely noting to show he'd improve the side. 2 goals in 9 games and both were penalties - he's missed so many chances, I just don't see him making any difference. Souttar was also poor before he got injured as well, so we probably won't even see a decent performance from him til next season. Naismith and Haring being back won't be enough to improve performances - who knows how much we'll get from them, given their current injuries.

I don't see any improvement happening in the side when those players are back form injury. I think we're screwed and will have to rely winning the relegation play-off .

😭

We have some good players who have lost confidence in their abilities due to the way we’ve played and the results.

I don’t think we have a good squad though.  We’re a bit short of quality in a number of areas. 

On 14/12/2019 at 20:48, DH1986 said:

Zlamal

Doyle

Periera

Brandon

Dikamona

Berra

White

Garrucio

Bozanic

Walker

Clare

Damour

Mulraney

Morrison

McLean

Wighton

Uche

Keena

Its depressing. What was levein thinking?! What did he expect from an ICT reserve player, a guy not getting his game at dundee, and a 35 year old, who didnt exactly set the heather on fire at st j. 

Add in the list of other duds he brought in over the last few years, like amankwa and sammon. Ridiculous. 

We're stuck with these losers for another couple of years as no one else will give them a contract. 

I dread to think what wages clare is on. 

Did I read it right?  I glanced at EEN   and I think I saw that Stendel singled out McLean for praise on Saturday. If so that worries me as he was truly and utterly dire. 

On 14/12/2019 at 20:57, JFK-1 said:

Ironic that so many cite the bigotry of the OF then put on display their own bigotry. Lafferty would have been an excellent addition to the squad and would have been a regular starter.

And despite the fact he didn't make it at Rangers look at what he was up against. A Morelos on fire. And when he did get in he scored goals for them against quality opposition. He scored away against Sevilla in the Europa league.

Hearts should have been all over it when he actually expressed a desire to return. Who knows if it were the bigotry of some who put the club off. It would appear their own bigotry is more important to some than the good of the club.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏