Freddie Shepherd threads merged

Horse Head

Horse Head

reports coming through that ex-newcastle chairman freddy shepherd is preparing a 19million bid to buy out romanov. shpeherd is desperate to get back into the game but couldnt buy another club in england stating "once a geordie always a geordie" this could be the news we need.

can't see it being true... far to sceptical these days...

Horse Head

i have just heard from a colleague in newcastle that this could be the case although i cant name the person. anymore news ill keep you updated .

BELIEVE

Drylaw Hearts
reports coming through that ex-newcastle chairman freddy shepherd is preparing a 19million bid to buy out romanov. shpeherd is desperate to get back into the game but couldnt buy another club in england stating "once a geordie always a geordie" this could be the news we need.

Hearts Forever will be very surprised to hear this news.

He spoke to Mr Shepherd on this very subject not too long ago.

Chad Sexington
And to where?

*Freddy Shepherd picks up phone*

"Hello, Horse Head? This is my report coming through that I'm wanting to swoop for control of Hearts. Tell Kickback."

:laugh:

Horse Head

He's getting nowhere with mallorca and has turned his attention to hearts- you will see it very shortly when he makes an official approach. the guy who has told made me aware of this believes that shepherd and his legal team are putting the blueprints together and could make an official approach by the end of this week.

Pants Shaton
As we played them 10 years ago it's an easy mistake to make.

Squinty goal, cheating barstewards.

vegas-voss
He's getting nowhere with mallorca and has turned his attention to hearts- you will see it very shortly when he makes an official approach. the guy who has told made me aware of this believes that shepherd and his legal team are putting the blueprints together and could make an official approach by the end of this week.

Well all i can say is.I hope so and great news if true.

Wouldl Vlad sell though as the **** is as stuburn as ****.

Nelly Terraces

You will be toast on here mate if this doesn't happen. Not having a go, just letting you know the sp.

Chad Sexington

By looking at your post history, I don't think you're a hobo.

Cant see this turkey flying though mate.

It all seems a bit far fetched.

We certainly need a shepherd of some kind to get the flock moving in the same direction as the most hurtful side of this is the divisions being thrown up between the fans.

vegas-voss
By looking at your post history, I don't think you're a hobo.

Cant see this turkey flying though mate.

It all seems a bit far fetched.

Strange thing for someone to make up though.

Drylaw Hearts
Squinty goal, cheating barstewards.

The goals were straight it was the frickin pitch.

There was a mound right in the centre of the goal-line.

I actually have some crackin pictures of me and a few fellow Drylaw boys on the pitch and in press room etc.

If he takes over as boss, can we get Santiago Munez and Gavin Harris as strike partners??

Maroon Mayhem
Blueprints?!

The fax machine has run out of black toner apprently.

A note to the OP. When you say "reports are coming through" and then you quote a single source you immediately propel yourself into football rumours la-la land.

Please go away and fiddle with yourself like other schoolboys on holiday, now off you pop.

jack D and coke
Well all i can say is.I hope so and great news if true.

Wouldl Vlad sell though as the **** is as stuburn as ****.

I have my doubts about it but if true we could force him to sell no worries. I'd be prepared to do whatever it took. I hate the romanov's and live for the day this jakey is ran out of my club. A bigger arse than 10 bums.

You shouldn't be allowed to get peoples hopes up with quotes like this will make everone misserable again come Monday when nothing has happened.:(

black stump

Great news if true, but would 19 mil be enough to tempt Vlad to sell?

Doubt it, but fingers crossed anyway.

Jambof3tornado

What a lot of ****e. How desperate are we that some would even think this is going to happen????

Next rumour please.:wacko:

how much profit do u think that halfwit vlad has made out us?

had sheperd beeen here a few years ago, we still might have had gordon, Traitor ********* and unwashed hartley.

never understood why the word 'swoop' is used in these matters or in transfer deals too. baffles me. story is nonsense imo

Hans von Luck
If he takes over as boss, can we get Santiago Munez and Gavin Harris as strike partners??

Is that lad Gavin Harris no a bit of a "playboy" me lad ? :dribble:

Great news if true, but would 19 mil be enough to tempt Vlad to sell?

Doubt it, but fingers crossed anyway.

Taking over the debt PLUS ?19m hand out to Vlad might be

So in essence a ?50m takeover but ?19m to Vlad.

Vlad would never make that money from the club - he really would be a fool to reject such an offer....

Geoff Kilpatrick
Taking over the debt PLUS ?19m hand out to Vlad might be

So in essence a ?50m takeover but ?19m to Vlad.

Vlad would never make that money from the club - he really would be a fool to reject such an offer....

If Vlad does want to sell, particularly in this market, he'll need to take a haircut on the debt.

winston churchill
As we played them 10 years ago it's an easy mistake to make.

the best away trip ever.

the pieman in the goal mouth with the measuring tape.

john (watch your back hen)leslie getting his bumps felt in bananas.

Won't he need quite a lot more than ?19m??

Just a thought.

Personally I'm deeply sceptical of this rumour but the amount of money required depends whether you want to buy out UBIG the majority shareholder or buy out UBIG the creditor as well?

In practice UBIG would be unlikely to continue as a creditor for the newly independant club while it's debts exceed it's assets and so would probably insist that it got at least some of that money back up front.

It's conceivable that a bidder might spend about ?19m to buy the club, clear the short term intra-group debt and then continue with a more manageable level of long term debt owed to UBIG.

Midloth_Iain

A Farmer at the Hobo's

A Shepherd at Hearts ?

What next ! :P

Ray Winstone

I will go to church every sunday for a year if this comes true.

Cant see it though - so I guess my lie-ins are safe.

My guess is that the club (equity and debt for all the assets it has at the moment) is worth no more than ?15m as a going concern.

Anything more than that is a VR/UBIG/Ukio Bankas pipedream. Perhaps they could throw in the ?20m purchase of the St Andrew's Square building for another ?10m.

Nelly Terraces
the best away trip ever.

the pieman in the goal mouth with the measuring tape.

john (watch your back hen)leslie getting his bumps felt in bananas.

Beast.

We shoulda hung him from those goalposts when we had the chance! :P

Is that lad Gavin Harris no a bit of a "playboy" me lad ? :dribble:

Yeah, but he finally sees the light, mends his ways and it all ends happily ever after ;)

shaun.lawson

You know, it's funny. I doubt there's anything in this anyway, but just in case there was, it's worth pointing out that Shepherd, while a massive improvement on Vlad (because he'd run us as a football club again), is actually another Pieman: quite literally, given his girth! Newcastle completely overstretched under his watch, and were staggeringly mismanaged, before imploding horribly - and as he walked away with ?70m or so after selling to Mike Ashley, NUFC were actually on the point of administration.

So, while beggars can't be choosers, I'd caution people to be careful what they wish for. It might just come true.

Archived