Would Another Pyramid Club Provide a Solution?

Maroon Mayhem

Maroon Mayhem

I think Vlads plan of showcasing Lithuanian talent is a fairly sound one but the challenge with it is that the step from Kaunas or Ripo to Hearts is plainly too big.

I distinctly remember the frustration Hartley had with Velicka making badly timed and misjudged runs when he first came but he turned good in the end. If Hearts continue to be a testing ground for players plainly not good enough, we're going to continue to be a bottom 6 team.

Perhaps if there was a 4th team in Europe somewhere in between we wouldn't have to endure the likes of Pilabitus and Kurskis showing themselves up before getting punted but we'd still get the Chesneys and Velicka once they'd proved themselves.

Nelly Terraces

YOU CANNOT SOLVE A PROBLEM WITH THE SAME THINKING THAT CREATED IT.(albert einstein).

Never a truer word.

There is a lot more wrong at Hearts than the quality of players we are getting from Kaunas.

Romanov is not capable of running a club the size of Hearts and the lack of professionalism is dragging us to the brink of oblivion.

portobellojambo1
YOU CANNOT SOLVE A PROBLEM WITH THE SAME THINKING THAT CREATED IT.(albert einstein).

Never a truer word.

Indeed.

However if he were to consider another club to be included in the pyramid as an outlet for Kaunas players there is bound to be a club somewhere like Kazhakstan that would be interested, In fact I hear Papua New Guinea is an nice place as well with a thriving Eastern European population (in fact anywhere would be great as long as it is nowhere near fecking Tynecastle).

Nelly Terraces
Indeed.

However if he were to consider another club to be included in the pyramid as an outlet for Kaunas players there is bound to be a club somewhere like Kazhakstan that would be interested, In fact I hear Papua New Guinea is an nice place as well with a thriving Eastern European population (in fact anywhere would be great as long as it is nowhere near fecking Tynecastle).

:) heh heh. Not wrong there PJ.

Maroon Mayhem
I think its a fairly pish plan!

Your first line manages to find a fairly substantial probelm with the plan.

The problem is his plan is restrictive. You are not picking the best players ability wise. You are merely picking the best players from Kaunas and Ripo, severly restricting the quality of player you can get.

Football is a global sport now. The best players, generally, find themselves at the best clubs. Scouts are all over the world.

There is no great untapped player pool in Lithuania or anywhere else in the world.

The plan is pish, lets not kid ourselves in revolutionary or anything. Its basically scouting players from 2 clubs and promoting them whether they are ready or not. Its a restrictive practive on what every other club with a scouting network.

There is a huge difference between this and feeder teams. People using feeder teams get the first option on their best player if the want them. They don't get them regardless of ability.

Its just plain stupid.

So Cammazola, Kingston, Aguiar and Jankauskas to name but a few came from Kaunas?

It's a fairly substantial problem with your facts you'll find.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I think Vlads plan of showcasing Lithuanian talent is a fairly sound one but the challenge with it is that the step from Kaunas or Ripo to Hearts is plainly too big.

I distinctly remember the frustration Hartley had with Velicka making badly timed and misjudged runs when he first came but he turned good in the end. If Hearts continue to be a testing ground for players plainly not good enough, we're going to continue to be a bottom 6 team.

Perhaps if there was a 4th team in Europe somewhere in between we wouldn't have to endure the likes of Pilabitus and Kurskis showing themselves up before getting punted but we'd still get the Chesneys and Velicka once they'd proved themselves.

You're making an assumption that Romanov's over-riding goal is the success of Hearts. He doesn't want the players to come good for Hearts. He wants them to come good at Hearts, so he can make money from them, or improve the state of Lithuanian football, or whatever it is he thinks he's doing with Lithuanian footballers. He's using Hearts to make the players good, not the other way around.

Charlie-Brown

Another club would be another training academy for players - and increase the pool of available talent although MTZ-Ripo isn't really accessible to Hearts as the UK have quite strict restrictions for non-EU players compared to other EU countries like Belgium, Portugal & Scandinavian countries - Belorussians are closer to the Russian & Ukranian leagues than the English Premiership or Championship so another EU based club would increase Hearts options whether to take players (or not)

Interesting article where Ajax state their Academy only takes players within 60KM of Amsterdam although they also have feeder clubs in South Africa & USA as well as links with Dutch youth clubs and lower league teams to place players at.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=627320.html

The Future's Maroon

Has it not been reported somewhere, fairly recently, that Vlad is actually looking at buying another club? Cant remember where I seen it, but I have certainly seen it mentioned a few times in the last year?

If he were to get another club in another league, what would happen if that said club had the 'potential' to be bigger than Hearts? We could start losing what good players we had left to that said club...blah blah blah?!!!

Ivan Drago

problem isnt the ability of the Lithuanian players, its the fact there getting games when they shouldn't be, and against the 'managers' wishes.

Imeantasong
problem isnt the ability of the Lithuanian players, its the fact there getting games when they shouldn't be, and against the 'managers' wishes.

I don't think we're allowed to fine them for indiscipline either.

You know, manage a squad and build team spirit?

Interesting article where Ajax state their Academy only takes players within 60KM of Amsterdam although they also have feeder clubs in South Africa & USA as well as links with Dutch youth clubs and lower league teams to place players at.

I suspect that Ajax also have a superb set up of scouts, coaches and management who decide which players are suitable to be at the club and at what level they play, unlike us of course who have a total cretin playing each of these roles depsite knowing diddly squat about football.

Hearts have about as much in common with Ajax as Ukio Bankas has with Citibank.

Charlie-Brown
I suspect that Ajax also have a superb set up of scouts, coaches and management who decide which players are suitable to be at the club and at what level they play, unlike us of course who have a total cretin playing each of these roles depsite knowing diddly squat about football.

Hearts have about as much in common with Ajax as Ukio Bankas has with Citibank.

It was more for the statement that Ajax only take in players within a 60km radius which you would think 'limits' their pool of available talent although there is now also Ajax Cape-town and also Ajax-USA in Orlando.

Och, Vlad's well on the way to meeting that "challenge". The gap in quality between Hearts and Kaunas is narrowing by the day.

tommythejambo

I think the OP makes a valid point.

But I'd rather be rid of this whole pyramid structure completely.

Maroon Mayhem

Och' date=' Vlad's well on the way to meeting that "challenge". The gap in quality between Hearts and Kaunas is narrowing by the day.[/quote']

Aye very true!

Archived