• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CJGJ

• Forever Hearts

• Beast Boy

• Unknown user

I've seen him a few times and looked very good going forward, however the current state and confidence levels of that whole team need addressing. 

Every pass he has received tonight has been immediately played back to the player who made it and not one attacking run made so far.

1 minute ago, salvo69 said:

Quick to judge him as he is an ex Celtic player....first 10 mins he was awful but getting into the game now 

Nah he has played shite  so far ... and he's off!

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Nah he has played shite  so far ... and he's off!

Each to their own, he was bought for £25m for a reason 

RustyRightPeg

He was struggling against Snodgrass before he went off, absolutely zero confidence. 

That Arsenal job could be the most unattractive in the Prem atm.

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Well out of his depth, which is funny

Why? Because he played for Celtic. I want all Scottish players to do well down there. 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Why? Because he played for Celtic. I want all Scottish players to do well down there. 

Well who knows he may well come good and they paid a shed load of money for him but he was nothing out there tonight.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Because of the constant gibbering about how Celtic would cruise in the Premier League when in fact they’d struggle badly

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Well who knows he may well come good and they paid a shed load of money for him but he was nothing out there tonight.

Massive jump in quality for him. 

loveofthegame
19 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Each to their own, he was bought for £25m for a reason 

Oli McBurnie was signed for £20m+ down south. Fees paid by EPL clubs are not necessarily representative of quality of player.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because of the constant gibbering about how Celtic would cruise in the Premier League when in fact they’d struggle badly

They would not cruise in the premier league but you are deluding yourself if you think they would not survive and after a while compete

With the monies clubs receive and with their support plus of course the extras that would be attracted in the English league they would be fine...as would Rangers

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

They would not cruise in the premier league but you are deluding yourself if you think they would not survive and after a while compete

With the monies clubs receive and with their support plus of course the extras that would be attracted in the English league they would be fine...as would Rangers

Unfortunately true. 

rudi must stay

Wrong career move. Wasn't sure about it at the time but I think he was right to leave Celtic and try and make it at a bigger club, it will be interesting to see what he does next as he didn't improve much as a player in our league in my opinion in fact he only got better at diving 

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

would they not be on a similar level to Newcastle?

Stephane Grappelli
12 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

This is at least the second thread started about him in recent weeks. Bizarre.

Like you I want to see him do well down there.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

would they not be on a similar level to Newcastle?

Yet miles bigger than Leicester City......oh and Newcastle United

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Yet miles bigger than Leicester City......oh and Newcastle United

Celtic are not miles bigger than Newcastle United, and they still wouldn't be even if they played down south. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Celtic are not miles bigger than Newcastle United, and they still wouldn't be even if they played down south. 

Please if we are to debate at least start with a premise you can try to win with

A large local club based in Newcastle and like it or not a world wide known club in Celtic

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Murphysstoutlogo.jpg

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Please if we are to debate at least start with a premise you can try to win with

A large local club based in Newcastle and like it or not a world wide known club in Celtic

I would love to see Celtic's home attendances if they went 50 odd years without a trophy. 

17 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Oli McBurnie was signed for £20m+ down south. Fees paid by EPL clubs are not necessarily representative of quality of player.

Never been a big fan of him but watched him recently and he is surprisingly equipped at that level

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I would love to see Celtic's home attendances if they went 50 odd years without a trophy. 

50 odd weeks would be a feckin start.

I can’t Imagine being one of their fans. Where’s the fun in just trundling over everyone. At least if you’re a The Rangers fan you’re never far from a farcical crisis

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Celtic are only worldwide due to expats around the globe - more people in the world will be interested in how Newcastle get on ahead of Celtic or Rangers

51 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Every pass he has received tonight has been immediately played back to the player who made it and not one attacking run made so far.

Pretty much all he done at celtic too. 

Never got the hype. 

2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Celtic are only worldwide due to expats around the globe - more people in the world will be interested in how Newcastle get on ahead of Celtic or Rangers

Well you stick to your view and I'll agree to differ happy in the knowledge that I know who is right

Sorry but Newcastle are not as big a club as Celtic and that's a fact

Go through the English Premier League and Celtic are far bigger than half of them without even having to consider whether there is an argument or not..same goes for Rangers

19 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The difference is all the clubs get money down there. Up here they are so far ahead financially it creates a huge gulf in class.

They wouldn’t get near Europe which would put them on the same type of money as Crystal Palace, Burnley and those mid table sides. Big clubs can struggle to stay in the EPL when promoted and Celtic would be similar. If they survived 3 seasons they’d probably start to cement a mid table place and possibly get UEFA after maybe 5/6 seasons it would be a long haul and I’m not so sure a support so used to winning wouldn’t get restless after that period of time.

They then have the task of persuading players to choose Glasgow. Add in without the old firm matches they’d lose the thing that defines them, no SFA to protect them and add in their scummy fans getting them into bother every 2nd week.. I don’t see much benefit to them unless they’re ready for the long game!

1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Watching the W Ham vs Arsenal game he looks lost at that level.

Agreed. This post is worth a read, from the morning after Frankfurt. I try to give a balanced verdict. but note he made only one forward pass during the entire game. As another poster pointed out "he's no Andy Robertson".

And this thread is dedicated to the £25m signing. Remember, Tierney and Luiz - both look distinctly out of place.

Just now, Deodato said:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang got that one. 

Yeah had to correct myself. That is the worst of getting auld😯

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The difference is all the clubs get money down there. Up here they are so far ahead financially it creates a huge gulf in class.

They wouldn’t get near Europe which would put them on the same type of money as Crystal Palace, Burnley and those mid table sides. Big clubs can struggle to stay in the EPL when promoted and Celtic would be similar. If they survived 3 seasons they’d probably start to cement a mid table place and possibly get UEFA after maybe 5/6 seasons it would be a long haul and I’m not so sure a support so used to winning wouldn’t get restless after that period of time.

They then have the task of persuading players to choose Glasgow. Add in without the old firm matches they’d lose the thing that defines them, no SFA to protect them and add in their scummy fans getting them into bother every 2nd week.. I don’t see much benefit to them unless they’re ready for the long game!

So they could not compete with Leicester City, Wolves, Burnley all of whom have been or are in Europe in the last couple of seasons

Facts I'm afraid kill your post stone dead

So players will go to all parts of the country but not Glasgow..come on be serious..do you even know your own country of Scotland..some of the best places to live in the UK are just outside the city .

Amazing that players will live in the Midlands, the north east, the north west and some of the best places like Burnley !!! yet you claim they would not go to Glasgow..oh and a city from which they could be in London in an hour or so compared to a few more from other parts of England

The desperation to run down your own country amazes me

The only thing I can agree with is the issue with the fans

What you seem to ignore is that the club would be worth hundreds of millions more to their owner in England.....I think that may be a benefit to him at least

AlphonseCapone
33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't know what the definition of bigger is but they've won the European cup, played in the Champions League numerous times, beaten top European teams, reached a European final relatively recently. Like, they are horrible *******s but I don't think it's accurate to say they aren't bigger than Newcastle, same with Rangers. 

24 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That's a, if my aunty had baws, statement.

I was delighted when West Ham got Pellegrini and he’s had money to spend but we are ******* hopeless 

Edited by Jamhammer

Konrad von Carstein
37 minutes ago, Barack said:

Tierney's a shitebag. Celtic are shitehawks.

Very strongly endorsing this statement!!