• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Coburg Hearts

• sadj

• Juanjo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that’s a hour in my life I’ll never get back. Utter nonsense. Like really, really bad!! Tom English is the only one worth listening too.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Michael Stewart gibbering. Ignored Hearts statement. Suggested an agreement will be made.

He then , confusingly, said it’ll end up in court. Covering all the bases is Michael.

Just now, GinRummy said:

He then , confusingly, said it’ll end up in court. Covering all the bases is Michael.

Clearly isn't speaking to anyone at the club. Otherwise he would know there is no need for an agreement. 

Still. Conway thinks he has a case. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

The paranoia on here over Sportsound, Stewart, Preston or MacKay is embarrassing.

These people are simply calling things as they see them and some snowflakes on here have simply stuck their heads in the sand.

This thread is worthy of Celtic supporters.

52 minutes ago, Independence said:

have a word with yourself. Utter nonsense!

That user name?  Critical of comments about Sportsound taliking heads?  And only 49 posts?  Hmmm....

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Clearly isn't speaking to anyone at the club. Otherwise he would know there is no need for an agreement. 

Still. Conway thinks he has a case. 

I’d imagine nobody at the club will speak to him. 

Yeah Conway seems adamant. Can’t remember hearing about a situation quite like this before.

The Real Maroonblood

The paranoia on here over Sportsound, Stewart, Preston or MacKay is embarrassing.

These people are simply calling things as they see them and some snowflakes on here have simply stuck their heads in the sand.

:conf11:

9 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Well that’s a hour in my life I’ll never get back. Utter nonsense. Like really, really bad!! Tom English is the only one worth listening too.

The manipulation and sheer persuasive bias of the footballing media in this pseudo religious ripped nation is infuriatingly disgraceful.

Our tax pounds funded that insidious tripe.

Coburg Hearts
12 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Over 50 minutes on 2 Glasgow clubs

5 minutes on Hearts.

4 minutes more than I expected.

BBC try to be informed about Celtic. They make little effort to be informed about Hearts. They are disrespectful to the club. Pundits/presenters have been able to mock foreign employees of the club (and no, I don’t mean Romanov) for years, make a series of unsubstantiated slanderous statements about the club and its employees, and make a series of wildly inaccurate points presented as fact. All with virtually no balance from fellow BBC employees except Tom English.  

Feel free to point out the series of factually incorrect statements they make about Celtic. Or the times they have sniggered about the names of Celtic players, or the accents of managers of Celtic. Or the times the anchor has suggested a Celtic player should “go home.”

Go on. 

Edited by Juanjo

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Conway has a bit of vlad about him.vague accusations,only with a different accent. 

For me Conway is just like Fedotovas was. The PR guy brought out to spin things for the board, it's funny how every shady board has a OTT PR guy  

12 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

This paranoia does happen . Unfortunately in this case it is not paranoia . I have non jambo friends who ask me about this . It is blatant .

We are obviously an easy target (rightly so) at the moment so there is no need to invent things . 

The schoolboy sniggering and , barely hidden glee , in Gordon's voice are out of order . 

Gordon has a serious problem with Hearts .That aside he utterly horrendous as an anchor. Seems to think that comedy is more important than insightful debate . 

He ruins every show and makes it almost unlistenable with his constant inane drivel . 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d imagine nobody at the club will speak to him. 

Yeah Conway seems adamant. Can’t remember hearing about a situation quite like this before.

My first thought was it could relate to something about image rights. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Aye he was going on about owning his ‘rights’. He had the opportunity to clarify that but chose to be vague. It’s confused me tbh.

Coburg Hearts
5 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

BBC try to be informed about Celtic. They make little effort to be informed about Hearts. They are disrespectful to the club. Pundits/presenters have been able to mock foreign employees of the club (and no, I don’t mean Romanov) for years, make a series of unsubstantiated slanderous statements about the club and its employees, and make a series of wildly inaccurate points presented as fact. All with virtually no balance from fellow BBC employees except Tom English.  

Feel free to point out the series of factually incorrect statements they make about Celtic. Or the times they have sniggered about the names of Celtic players, or the accents of managers of Celtic. Or the times the anchor has suggested a Celtic player should “go home.”

Go on. 

Well said, Juanjo.

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

For me Conway is just like Fedotovas was. The PR guy brought out to spin things for the board, it's funny how every shady board has a OTT PR guy  

I thought Fedotovas was a likable guy, though that maybe proves your point.

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Isn't that what Daza claimed was the hold up?

15 minutes ago, Satsumo said:

There’s the quality of BBC journalism.

Stendel arriving at Glasgow airport where some numpty has put up Edinburgh airport signs.

8A7AC877-26B1-4621-A0BF-374BC80D51C5.jpeg

BBC Glezga - Edinburgh has an airport? Who knew?

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I thought Fedotovas was a likable guy, though that maybe proves your point.

Football is full of these types. They are rolled out to reassure fans by shady chairman and they work every time 

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Football is full of these types. They are rolled out to reassure fans by shady chairman and they work every time 

To be fair to him, he made a half decent job of it.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

To be fair to him, he made a half decent job of it.

I think Sergejus was a very bright guy and a good guy. Deserved to be working for better employers eh

Edited by rudi must stay

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

'Disnae ken wur game''...Derek Ferguson

Pseudo-intellectual nonsense...Michael Stewart.

Just about spat my tea out lol 

I can literally hear him saying that as I read it. 

Seymour M Hersh
30 minutes ago, Satsumo said:

Stendel arriving at Glasgow airport where some numpty has put up Edinburgh airport signs.

Have we appointed Rick Castle? :laugh:

th.jpeg

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think Sergejus was a very bright guy and a good guy. Deserved to be working for better employers eh

Agree with all that.

This talk of having no experience of scottish football is a load of nonsense 

what experience of English football did Daniel Stendel have when he come

over from Germany yet he did quite well look at the failures we have had from

the new young scottish managers lee mculloch gary Caldwell  Stephen pressley

and many more obviously there has also been some successful ones

Edited by Hairdryer
Wrong name

If anyone of those twats on BBC Scotland says “he has no experience of Scottish football” someone should just politely mention Brendan Rodgers & Steven Gerrard....

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

If anyone of those twats on BBC Scotland says “he has no experience of Scottish football” someone should just politely mention Brendan Rodgers & Steven Gerrard....

I think the basic problem Sportsound has is they have set themselves up as a recruiting voice for out of work Scottish managers. In the past for example Malky Mackay. So they have to say Scottish is best. 

Why don't the out of work Scots try to get jobs abroad. 

Sportsound is a programme at least 20 years behind the times. It needs completely revamped, new voices and a bit more courage to actually face issues head on. Employing the likes of Miller, Bonnar, Dodds, Ferguson and Preston is not only lazy, it also means you have little chance of attracting a young audience as they don't know who they are. The BBC has shown it can get things right with the excellent AVFTT, its time radio made an effort to catch up. 

12 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Sportsound is a programme at least 20 years behind the times. It needs completely revamped, new voices and a bit more courage to actually face issues head on. Employing the likes of Miller, Bonnar, Dodds, Ferguson and Preston is not only lazy, it also means you have little chance of attracting a young audience as they don't know who they are. The BBC has shown it can get things right with the excellent AVFTT, its time radio made an effort to catch up. 

Brilliant. well said.

1 hour ago, Juanjo said:

Go on. 

Respect!

Can't remember if Gerard got called out for having no knowledge of Scottish football.  Or Alessio.  No doubt they did, and the Sportsound scamps are just being consistent.

2 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Thats a belter. Should get a few bites with that yin pal ooft 

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

Barnsley co-chairman Paul Conway. PC

Radio Sheffield presenter. RSp

PC -‘…but fundamentally he was removed from his position because of the tampering issues, and we still reserve, and do not waive, our underlying rights in his underlying contract.’

RSp- ‘So at the moment he is still a Barnsley employee, just to be clear?’

PC - ‘To be clear, we still have a claim on his rights.’

RSp - ‘What does that mean in English, for lay people like me?’

PC - ‘If another club wants to employ him this season, we have his rights.’

2m 21s onwards. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07xc5zd

:rofl:

22 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Spot on! 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, john5698 said:

was coming back from dunbar with the grandkids, they were having a go at us for not having a sponsor on our shirt. Then it was pointed out neither did motherwell. That dick miller said with particular reference to us what great marketing, bunch of wee schoolboys.

Oh my god. Miller gets worse. It actually is great marketing as many fans like getting kits with no sponsor. And that black kit is one of our best sellers!

29 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Very good post 

1 hour ago, Satsumo said:

LOL BBC SCotland is so parochial they think Edinburgh Airport is in Glasgow "just like Glasgow Prestwick"

Guest ToqueJambo

I've said this many times but what have we done as Scottish football fans - considering we have a well-earned reputation of backing our domestic league and national team in large numbers - to deserve the shower of idiots the national broadcasters continue to employ to report on our game?

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

Barnsley co-chairman Paul Conway. PC

Radio Sheffield presenter. RSp

PC -‘…but fundamentally he was removed from his position because of the tampering issues, and we still reserve, and do not waive, our underlying rights in his underlying contract.’

RSp- ‘So at the moment he is still a Barnsley employee, just to be clear?’

PC - ‘To be clear, we still have a claim on his rights.’

RSp - ‘What does that mean in English, for lay people like me?’

PC - ‘If another club wants to employ him this season, we have his rights.’

2m 21s onwards. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07xc5zd

I wonder if the co-chairman both sit at one end of the boardroom table or at either end talking over each other...They must be a dysfunctional club, just from this weird anomaly.

SectionDJambo

I take it that it’s been lost on these morons that Hearts promote a charity to help children at risk, in return for a relationship with benefactors. Those benefactors must have been happy for this 3rd top to have nothing on it. 
Is there another club in the SPFL top league that gives support in this way to a charity, or are some of them encouraging the public to get embroiled in gambling, which can rip families apart and cause suffering to Scottish children.

But no criticism of those clubs. Wonder why?

16 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I take it that it’s been lost on these morons that Hearts promote a charity to help children at risk, in return for a relationship with benefactors. Those benefactors must have been happy for this 3rd top to have nothing on it. 
Is there another club in the SPFL top league that gives support in this way to a charity, or are some of them encouraging the public to get embroiled in gambling, which can rip families apart and cause suffering to Scottish children.

But no criticism of those clubs. Wonder why?

The most appaling part of that is that they don't know. Bare minimum of being involved in media used to be to know everything about the clubs you covered. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I've said this many times but what have we done as Scottish football fans - considering we have a well-earned reputation of backing our domestic league and national team in large numbers - to deserve the shower of idiots the national broadcasters continue to employ to report on our game?

Agree with what your saying but l think it may have something to do with that the BBC Sports blow all their budget on the English PL coverage and they give pocket money to Sportscene? Doesn't excuse the ineptitude of the Sportscene pundits though!

Graham Thomson

I remember my Dad saying to me in the 60s that the BBC Sport either radio or TV never sacked anyone, for years it was David Francie, he was useless. 

Not forgetting Archie McPherson on TV

The BBC in Scotland have never improved, it's still a job for life no matter how useless you are!