St Johnstone Dot Count

mainstandjambo

pettigrewsstylist
24 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Some folk will never be happy. Levein will leave at the end of his contract, then they will go all out for budge, who will leave then on to whoever is the manager at the time. Moaner are going to moan. Unfortunately it has ruined this fans forum.

I can't wait to see what happens over then next few week. Thankfully if we win more the crowds will come.

We are joint bottom of league, despite access to funding streams, our rivals can only dream of?

We all need to move on and see what rest of season brings but i actually think the moaning has been quite reserved in light of last 3 yrs on field performance overall .

mainstandjambo

Today's count

Wheatfield  -  467

Main            -  471

Gorgie         -  150

Roseburn    -  427

Total            - 1515

Sales today almost on a par with yesterday 

mainstandjambo

Count at 17.00

Wheatfield  -  432

Main            -  406

Gorgie         -  125

Roseburn    -  383

Total            - 1346

16 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Count at 17.00

Wheatfield  -  432

Main            -  406

Gorgie         -  125

Roseburn    -  383

Total            - 1346

Don’t worry, I believe the Barnsley fans are buying up the rest.

28 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Count at 17.00

Wheatfield  -  432

Main            -  406

Gorgie         -  125

Roseburn    -  383

Total            - 1346

Thanks for the effort @mainstandjambo using your superior knowledge are these figures better than recent home games this season at a similar stage?

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Gerd Muller said:

Man I actually miss Jaunma and Sam Nicholson. 

That was the game that I thought/hoped would be the catalyst to how we would approach games in the top division going forward. We had just come up from The Championship, was our first game of the new season, people were worried that coming back up a division would mean we could no longer play attacking football and that game proved the total opposite. While it showed better teams might be more inclined to score against us it definitely did show we still had the ability and players to score goals and was a way of playing we should have persevered with. Thr doubts started with the next game, a trip to Dundee, where we looked to be defensive in the 1st half. However,the players at HT knew and said it wasn't working and we went on the front foot in the 2nd half and again showed by attacking we could win. If only we had persevered thereafter you just never know, it could have been so different.

Half decent weather, good walk-up crowd and a great welcome for Daniel.

And a good performance and victory.

Can't wait.

On 11/12/2019 at 18:03, pettigrewsstylist said:

We are joint bottom of league, despite access to funding streams, our rivals can only dream of?

We all need to move on and see what rest of season brings but i actually think the moaning has been quite reserved in light of last 3 yrs on field performance overall .

Agree 👍

Was in TO earlier getting a ticket for tomorrow, good to see people queuing for tickets & buying merchandise etc, Locky was wandering around carrying a pair of boots wearing the black tracky & sporting a big smile. 

mainstandjambo

Latest count

Wheatfield  -  366

Main            -  345

Gorgie         -    85

Roseburn   -  698

Total           - 1494

210 tickets sold today so far.

Assuming 400 away fans looking like a crowd of around 16,500 as things stand. 

Italian Lambretta

Would be nice to just see all current season ticket holders take their seats. We've been missing a good few thousand of them at most games this season. 

Would have been good to see a sell out for Daniel's first game. Give him a proper Gorgie welcome. Feel the club could have maybe done more to encourage more walk ups by offering reduced prices for this one or deals for schools. 

44 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Would have been good to see a sell out for Daniel's first game. Give him a proper Gorgie welcome. Feel the club could have maybe done more to encourage more walk ups by offering reduced prices for this one or deals for schools. 

Prices are too expensive, however you can't change them mid season plus a bit unfair on season ticket holders.

The board MUST look at this next season, walk up numbers have been very poor, combination of prices/being shite is why!!

18 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Prices are too expensive, however you can't change them mid season plus a bit unfair on season ticket holders.

The board MUST look at this next season, walk up numbers have been very poor, combination of prices/being shite is why!!

A platinum ST works out at £26.32 a game. Walk up price for the same seat for this cat B game is a shocking £34.

My silver ST works out at £18.40 a game which I think is very reasonable. I wouldn't object to walkups being charged only £22-£25 for same seats around me. I get a ST so I am guaranteed a seat with the folk around me not necessarily because it works out cheaper per game.

The ground would be a lot fuller if Hearts reviewed their pricing for walkups - the new stand was an opportunity to expand the silver/gold areas in the ground but instead the club expanded the platinum pricing and are not selling out because of it. I get that they want the money up front for STs so it is there for things like player transactions and there is a risk with walkup prices being too appealing that folk don't bother with a ST, but I think most would still renew at least to retain their spots.

Edited by kila

11 minutes ago, kila said:

A platinum ST works out at £26.32 a game. Walk up price for the same seat for this cat B game is a shocking £34.

My silver ST works out at £18.40 a game which I think is very reasonable. I wouldn't object to walkups being charged only £22-£25 for same seats around me. I get a ST so I am guaranteed a seat with the folk around me not necessarily because it works out cheaper per game.

The ground would be a lot fuller if Hearts reviewed their pricing for walkups - the new stand was an opportunity to expand the silver/gold areas in the ground but instead the club expanded the platinum pricing and are not selling out because of it. I get that they want the money up front for STs so it is there for things like player transactions and there is a risk with walkup prices being too appealing that folk don't bother with a ST, but I think most would still renew at least to retain their spots.

I tend to agree there are now far too many Platinum sections in the stadium. 

15 minutes ago, kila said:

Tricky one, if it is not cost effective to purchase a ST, the n some wont. With the best intentions of paying for each game as you go, some will just not make ie, especially in a season like this one. Thus introducing a risk to cash flow, that does not exist with ST sales. Also a big upfront income at the start of the season allows for budgets to set for player purchases and salaries, even buying on finance still guarantees a know funding stream. Walk ups are a lottery.

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I tend to agree there are now far too many Platinum sections in the stadium. 

This.

The Wheatfield seats, perhaps Section B and F upper should be downgraded to Gold. And perhaps even the lower corners bronze.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

9 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Tricky one, if it is not cost effective to purchase a ST, the n some wont. With the best intentions of paying for each game as you go, some will just not make ie, especially in a season like this one. Thus introducing a risk to cash flow, that does not exist with ST sales. Also a big upfront income at the start of the season allows for budgets to set for player purchases and salaries, even buying on finance still guarantees a know funding stream. Walk ups are a lottery.

Solution is to review the pricing tiers then. Add more gold and silver, so there are more affordable options. The club finances are doing great, I think things will be fine if they relax the platinum numbers a little in the ground. Walkups for this fixture would then mostly be in the range of £23-£29.

Another thing is the online admin fee of £1.50 per ticket. PER TICKET! I've seen other clubs that don't charge that for using eTicketing, no need Hearts have to (I doubt the eTicketing cost per ticket to Hearts is anything like that). Certainly isn't helping sell out 'online' walkups.

Edited by kila

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Solution is to review the pricing tiers then. Add more gold and silver, so there are more affordable options. The club finances are doing great, I think things will be fine if they relax the platinum numbers a little in the ground. Walkups for this fixture would then mostly be in the range of £23-£29.

Another thing is the online admin fee of £1.50 per ticket. PER TICKET! I've seen other clubs that don't charge that for using eTicketing, no need Hearts have to (I doubt the eTicketing cost per ticket to Hearts is anything like that). Certainly isn't helping sell out 'online' walkups.

I am sure that pricing is keenly monitored by the club. What is missing is a winning team, which itself increases demand, this will not be lost on those running things. You could argue that the Hibs sellout suggests that pricing is pitched in the right ballpark. For individuals there are usually bronze areas that are not often sold out,, if platinum is too expensive. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I know its a diddy game but anyone with feeling or connection to the club will be there if they are able to 

58 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

A platinum season ticket in the main stand is £500. A walk up ticket for cat b games is £34. Multiply by 19 games it works out as £646. That doesnt include probably 5 games v cat a, which are £4 more, so you make a decent saving with a season ticket so a bit of leeway to give the odd discount to encourage more walk ups.  I know what you mean though. 

£20 a ticket and a marketing campaign to get behind his first game might have seen an extra couple of thousand on the gate.

Anyone had issues with print at home option. Just booked a seat but no email received. Used it before and no problems.

Will TO help over the phone or in person only?

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Anyone had issues with print at home option. Just booked a seat but no email received. Used it before and no problems.

Will TO help over the phone or in person only?

Checked your spam emails? Might've went in there.l

8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Checked your spam emails? Might've went in there.l

Thanks for reply mate but panic over.

I did check spam by the way, but went into my profile history and you can resend email under purchases and duly arrived. Not sure what happened first time around

26 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Thanks for reply mate but panic over.

I did check spam by the way, but went into my profile history and you can resend email under purchases and duly arrived. Not sure what happened first time around

👍

mainstandjambo
15 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield  -  366

Main            -  345

Gorgie         -    85

Roseburn   -  698

Total           - 1494

210 tickets sold today so far.

Assuming 400 away fans looking like a crowd of around 16,500 as things stand. 

A further 133 sold since this count. 

Remember if you are a walk, get there early. There is always a queue and it never seems to move as quickly as you would expect. You don't want to miss the unveiling of Danny.