Our Wage budget

The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon

Ok, I dont know how much the players that have left were on but does anyone else have a rough idea as to how much we have freed up in weekly wages recently as all the players that have have gone must free up a fair amount?

Gordon, Tall, Pinilla, Velicka (ok he wasnt on a lot), etc etc?

Guest juvehearts
Ok, I dont know how much the players that have left were on but does anyone else have a rough idea as to how much we have freed up in weekly wages recently as all the players that have have gone must free up a fair amount?

If we were not in so much debt or debt free, i'd say a lot but because we are so much in the sheet then i'd have to say zero

Hans von Luck

Gordon ?15k

Tall ?8k

Pinilla ?11

Velicka ?3

McCann ?8

Thats about ?45k per week.

No doubt someone better informed than myself will shed more light on it.

Gordon ?15k

Tall ?8k

Pinilla ?11

Velicka ?3

McCann ?8

No wonder he left!

Jambof3tornado

Add to that Pressley,Bednar and pospcicle(tasty on a hot day),and you have added another 15-30k a week savings.

Unfortuanately that doesnt help us on the playing front.

I'm just guessing but I suppose the only player on more than 10k would be Larry although I have a nasty feeling that Nade might be too.

The summer clear out is going well IMO. Beslija, Elliot and Ivsacevicius should be next out the door. Hopefully.

Ryan Gosling

The last wage bill was up to summer 2007, so Pressley etc.'s wages were on that. Since that season, the wages have gone down around ?70k per week. ?3m off the wage bill is a good chunk.

Guest JamboRobbo
In fairness that would still mean it was about 9-10m. Probably at least twice any other team outside the OF's bill. For what and 8th place finish.

Try 3 times asmuch, and you'll be getting closer. Not that we're failing to get value for money on our investment or anything silly like that......

Ryan Gosling
In fairness that would still mean it was about 9-10m. Probably at least twice any other team outside the OF's bill. For what and 8th place finish.

That also makes the assumption we are not paying daft money for someone that we don't know ie. Nade etc.

Plus we will have a manager bill to go onto that, which is reputadly 350-500k a year.

FFS the powers at be can waste money.

Yes but remember we've gotten ?7m for Craig, ?2.5m for Bednar as well, so those fees should cover the current wage bill for the season, so technically anything else made should be profit.

It is possible that what is going on at the moment is a clearing of the decks, just as Levein's duds were cleared out before Burley rebuilt the squad.

But my guess is that the Romanovs have run out of money, even for the reduced wage bill now.

The Future's Maroon
The last wage bill was up to summer 2007, so Pressley etc.'s wages were on that. Since that season, the wages have gone down around ?70k per week. ?3m off the wage bill is a good chunk.
Thanks mate, thats basically what I was asking.

Guest Scottish Cup Semi 2006

Do you honestly think we are still going to be paying more than Aberdeen & the rest in terms of wages ??!!!!!

NO WAY - Romanov is reducing the wage bill for a reason - TO KEEP IT THERE !!! :mad:

wake up man - we are getting pyramid players & thats our lot !!! :sad:

londonjambo

Campbell Ogilvie was very clear when he came to speak to London Hearts a couple of months ago.

We are currently paying out more than 100% of turnover on wages. The stated plan is to get that down to 50% of turnover.

That is why all the top earners in the club are being emptied and will be replaced with youngsters and Scandinavian imports. I'm afraid anyone who thinks we are going to make expensive signings in the next 2-3 years at least is fooling themselves.

That is also why Pinilla's contract has not been renewed. CO said in terms at that meeting that there would be no more South Americans and it was pretty clear then that they werent happy with Pinilla. The only surprise was when it was reported shortly afterwards that his contract had been renewed. Sounds like that was media hype though.

GC

jambo-rocker
Gordon ?15k

Tall ?8k

Pinilla ?11

Velicka ?3

McCann ?8

i know u meant 3 grand but i thought that velicka was only on ?500 a week

The wage bill is being slashed but nobody should be under any illusions that these wages are being 'freed up'. I expect the wage bill to end up around half of the ?12.75 in 2006/07 and it will need to go lower than that for the club to survive. Romanov knows this and his bank knows this but they have failed to communicate this to the fans.

As a support we need to get away from the Romanov slaverings about winning the SPL and Champions League and get real. Romanov has squandered and mismanaged outgoings at an alarming rate since the summer of 2006 and in doing so has made HMFC technically insolvent.

From snippets of information from Romanov, I believe his plan is to have a youthful, international squad aligned with pyramid loanees and one or two expensive star players. The initial outlay on the squad was what I would call the Champions League gamble, either get into the Champions League group stage and recoup the outlay or even if this fails get thousands of Hearts fans piling into Hearts/Murrayfield to ensure long-term support. This has been achieved to an extent in that we have already sold more season tickets than we ever did pre-Romanov despite our worst season in 25 years and a dissatisfied support. I think once the new stand is built (ha!) he aims to fill the stadium (ha!) and reintroduce the ?10 million budget and go for glory again.

IMO the problem with the plan is Romanov himself. He is a control freak, he has a vision and if anyone deviates from it or doesn't do it exactly the way he wants it they are history. If he wants a player to stay he tries to force them to sign up or end up in the reserves, if he wants a player to go, they will go....eventually and only on his terms. His idea of a manager is someone who will carry out his instructions, play his players, make his substitutions - decisions made as part of his big plan, to promote players that fit into this plan and to market players with a sale-on value, irrespective of whether a self-respecting coach would want to select these players or not. Therefore the plan doesn't work, it just ****es off everyone, from the management to the players, to the fans.

I think there is SOME merit in Romanov's plans, if indeed that is what they are, but I don't think he will able to deliver them because he won't delegate and allow competent staff to implement them. I would love to think that recent cost-cutting will put the club in a sellable position but I can't see a buyer being happy to take on a significant debt when for instance, there is a debt-free club just a few miles across the city.

The stadium development is key. Many posters have said if the development goes ahead it will signal a long-term commitment from Romanov. This is what worries me. With Romanov holding all the aces I think we need him and his bank to survive, however, the thought of Romanov still owning Heart of Midlothian for years to come is a chilling one. If Romanov was malleable, if he listened, if he REALLY cared there could be a way out of this mess. But he doesn't, so we're fecked.

Pants Shaton

What we are about to have is the worst of both worlds:

Modest wage bill and continuing interference from Romanov.

The Future's Maroon
Do you honestly think we are still going to be paying more than Aberdeen & the rest in terms of wages ??!!!!!

NO WAY - Romanov is reducing the wage bill for a reason - TO KEEP IT THERE !!! :mad:

wake up man - we are getting pyramid players & thats our lot !!! :sad:

What are you on about? Read my post again, I was only asking if anyone knew roughly how much we had cut the wage bill?

I would also imagine that even after the cuts we still have a higher wage bill than the SPL outwith the OF?

If Romanovs plan is as you state Flimsey, why are we not giving our youngsters a decent level of coaching. Why do we have so many platyers that they can't get reserve games.

No matter how you try to find logic in Romanovs plan, it still reeks of incompetance of the highest order. The way the players, staff and fans of Hearts have been treated is shamefull.

If Romanovs plan is as you state Flimsey, why are we not giving our youngsters a decent level of coaching. Why do we have so many platyers that they can't get reserve games.

No matter how you try to find logic in Romanovs plan, it still reeks of incompetance of the highest order. The way the players, staff and fans of Hearts have been treated is shamefull.

If you read my whole post (I know it was long!) you would see that I think the plan is not working because of Romanov's interference. I agree with what you're saying. Don't think for one second I'm a Romanov apologist.

Sorry mate, I sort of skimmed your post to start with and missed your main point.

It's unbelievable that everyone can see where Romanov is going wrong except for the man himself.

What are you on about? Read my post again, I was only asking if anyone knew roughly how much we had cut the wage bill?

I would also imagine that even after the cuts we still have a higher wage bill than the SPL outwith the OF?

you are deluded mate - who have we signed this season, i will stand corrected IF we make any big signings (in terms of wages) but so far we have an ex man u youngster who is 21 !!! :mad:

heartsfc_fan
you are deluded mate - who have we signed this season, i will stand corrected IF we make any big signings (in terms of wages) but so far we have an ex man u youngster who is 21 !!! :mad:

Have we actually SIGNED him yet? or is this just all media chat? Anything official?

The Future's Maroon
Again I will ask....what are you on about? Not interested in us signing new players or if we are going to bring in expensive players? All I asked was if anyone knew how much we had managed to cut the wage bill by recently?

And you claim I am deluded? :rolleyes:

Again I will ask....what are you on about? Not interested in us signing new players or if we are going to bring in expensive players? All I asked was if anyone knew how much we had managed to cut the wage bill by recently?

And you claim I am deluded? :rolleyes:

You state that wages have been freed up - freed up for what ??? I'm guessing you mean to buy players or pay wages !!?? :rolleyes:

...or was it just an idle thought !!! :wacko:

Guest JamboRobbo
Nade is on 12k a week.

Seems fair enough. The man has to eat after all. Can't be much left out of 12k once he's done his weekly shop.....

londonjambo
I don't know why but I think we may see imports but perhaps not from Scandavia.

Agreed. CO was very clear that the new scouting system put in place over the Summer would target the Scandinavian countries but that there would be further imports from Lithuania as well. He specifically said no more South Americans.

As mentioned before, there are huge cost cutting measures going on at the club at present which makes it all the more important that we get a decent manager involved. Even on a third of the wage bill we presently have, a decent manager ought to be able to achieve third or fourth place in what is a very very average league.

GC

Agreed. CO was very clear that the new scouting system put in place over the Summer would target the Scandinavian countries but that there would be further imports from Lithuania as well. He specifically said no more South Americans.

As mentioned before, there are huge cost cutting measures going on at the club at present which makes it all the more important that we get a decent manager involved. Even on a third of the wage bill we presently have, a decent manager ought to be able to achieve third or fourth place in what is a very very average league.

GC

agreed, a good manager is the key - even if we are not paying big wages it is still possible to compete but managerial stability is a must !!

Buffalo Bill

See this is what kills me about Vlad.

Having read LondonJambo's comments there, that sort of plan sounds almost sensible and logical.

I.e Reduce the wage bill, bring through good young players and target the Scandinavian market for cheap, yet talented exports.

Sounds not too bad, but for the fact that no one at Hearts can actually spell that out to us.

If Romanov was able to communicate, I reckon half the problems could be solved.

But he is without doubt, the worse communicator in history.

Of course we need a manager first.

Buffalo Bill

londonjambo
See this is what kills me about Vlad.

Having read LondonJambo's comments there, that sort of plan sounds almost sensible and logical.

I.e Reduce the wage bill, bring through good young players and target the Scandinavian market for cheap, yet talented exports.

Sounds not too bad, but for the fact that no one at Hearts can actually spell that out to us.

If Romanov was able to communicate, I reckon half the problems could be solved.

But he is without doubt, the worse communicator in history.

Of course we need a manager first.

Buffalo Bill

BB

To be fair, someone from Hearts did spell precisely that out to us - I am merely reporting exactly what CO said at that meeting on 8th May. It was VERY VERY obvious from the meeting that he understood exactly why it was so important to have a good manager in a climate of cost-cutting. That was exactly the strategy that was explained to us would be happening for the next few years (reading between the lines, until the stand could be built and revenue streams increased).

The problem lies with the chief lunatic who, whilst I accept genuinely does seem to be looking for a manager, does not seem to be able to grasp the notion that he cannot dictate to a manager who should be in the team.

That is what is presently scuppering the plan.

To be honest, even someone decent who is prepared to meet Vlad half way would probably do the trick at present - lets face it, even Frail managed to make a decent fist of it towards the end of the season and a half decent manager would probably get the team into Europe even having to choose a couple of duds every so often.

We just need to get one through the door and that, at present, is the sticking point.

GC

PS Should have added that CO was told time and time again that the club needed to recreate the trust of the support - that the support no longer trusted the club. One major reason given was the lack of communication, something which CO said he fully understood. One can only assume, therefore, that CO has his hands tied as much as anyone.

Buffalo Bill
BB

To be fair, someone from Hearts did spell precisely that out to us - I am merely reporting exactly what CO said at that meeting on 8th May. It was VERY VERY obvious from the meeting that he understood exactly why it was so important to have a good manager in a climate of cost-cutting. That was exactly the strategy that was explained to us would be happening for the next few years (reading between the lines, until the stand could be built and revenue streams increased).

The problem lies with the chief lunatic who, whilst I accept genuinely does seem to be looking for a manager, does not seem to be able to grasp the notion that he cannot dictate to a manager who should be in the team.

That is what is presently scuppering the plan.

To be honest, even someone decent who is prepared to meet Vlad half way would probably do the trick at present - lets face it, even Frail managed to make a decent fist of it towards the end of the season and a half decent manager would probably get the team into Europe even having to choose a couple of duds every so often.

We just need to get one through the door and that, at present, is the sticking point.

GC

PS Should have added that CO was told time and time again that the club needed to recreate the trust of the support - that the support no longer trusted the club. One major reason given was the lack of communication, something which CO said he fully understood. One can only assume, therefore, that CO has his hands tied as much as anyone.

Interesting Gary, cheers.

Having met CO a couple of times before, I've always felt that he was one of the good guys, and is fully aware of how frustrating it is for the fans just now.

You now I think this thing will come to a head soon enough anyway - either way.

I just can't believe why Vlad has to make things so bloody difficult for thousands of people.

Buffalo Bill

As the 2007 a/cs also included the wages of the likes of Janny, Brellier etc you should really be taking these out as well ie all players who were paid up to 31/07/07 but not thereafter, including Bednar on the assumption WBA paid his whack last season.

Taking transfer fees etc into account it would a major surprise if we did not record our biggest ever profit in the year to 31/07/08 and to this end I'd be surprised also if we saw any sizeable transfers in before 1/8/08, unless they were balanced by people going out like Berra, Driver, Jose, Larry etc.

GC

I just had a flashback - you could've posted that prior to Levein's appointment. He was crap though, what with his long balls and third place finishes - much better these days. ;)

The one thing that has cheered me up over the last few weeks of gloom at our club is the fact that we've got rid of so many high earners. Given our woeful performance last season I'm not really bothered about anyone being sold - and let's face it, if we're going to finish 8th in the league we may as well do so with players on a fraction of the wages of the likes of Nade, Jose and co.

If its true that the club are trying to get the wage bill down to 50% of turnover, then that's great news - the wages should always be at that level and it shows that those running the club appreciate that we simply have to work towards reducing the debt.

Ultimately the long term future of this club is the most important thing.

The one thing that has cheered me up over the last few weeks of gloom at our club is the fact that we've got rid of so many high earners. Given our woeful performance last season I'm not really bothered about anyone being sold - and let's face it, if we're going to finish 8th in the league we may as well do so with players on a fraction of the wages of the likes of Nade, Jose and co.

If its true that the club are trying to get the wage bill down to 50% of turnover, then that's great news - the wages should always be at that level and it shows that those running the club appreciate that we simply have to work towards reducing the debt.

Ultimately the long term future of this club is the most important thing.

Stirlo. I agree with what you say but we also need to get rid of the number and type of players we have hanging around. What's the point of having players there who will never improve the team? Don't want to mention names but they're just cluttering up the dressing-room

Gordon ?15k

Tall ?8k

Pinilla ?11

Velicka ?3

McCann ?8

payrol2.gif

so to get back to 2005 wages will require a drop of roughly ?160k per week in the wages from 2007. So between three and four times the amount listed in the players above. Or roughly 8 more Craig Gordons on top.

Vlad also increased the wages for everyone, not just for the bigger names, that's where the problems are

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/hearts/

Charlie-Brown
payrol2.gif

so to get back to 2005 wages will require a drop of roughly ?160k per week in the wages from 2007. So between three and four times the amount listed in the players above. Or roughly 8 more Craig Gordons on top.

Vlad also increased the wages for everyone, not just for the bigger names, that's where the problems are

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/hearts/

The players who's full annual wages that will be missing from the next set of Hearts financial accounts will be

Pressley, Hartley, Jankauskas, Fyssas, Brellier, Gordon, Barasa, Bednar

Added to that who've subsequently left since then are

Pospisil, Tall, McCann, Pinilla, Goncalves as well as whatever wages was paid for Velicka, Beniusis, Pilibaitis, Kurskis, Kancelskis.

The overall financial difference between players out / players in regards weekly or annual wage bill must be a substanial reduction.

The players who's full annual wages that will be missing from the next set of Hearts financial accounts will be

Pressley, Hartley, Jankauskas, Fyssas, Brellier, Gordon, Barasa, Bednar

Added to that who've subsequently left since then are

Pospisil, Tall, McCann, Pinilla, Goncalves as well as whatever wages was paid for Velicka, Beniusis, Pilibaitis, Kurskis, Kancelskis.

The overall financial difference between players out / players in regards weekly or annual wage bill must be a substanial reduction.

I thought the seven Lithuanians mentioned were all on loan from Kaunas so would their wages not show on Kaunas accounts? I take your point though that wages will have been substantially reduced although I would imagine we will still have around 10 players picking up ?5K plus per week. Unless they're firing us into Europe no player should be earning that much IMO.

Archived