Trouble after the Motherwell game

Ronald Villiers

13 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Aye, I think there's a bit of bad blood between our pavement dancers and theirs.  Looked like the young guy was trying to reason with them. Next thing around 40 of them appeared, teenagers and guys in their 30's/40's, and chased the lad.  Tossers.

The problems between us and them dates back to the 70's when we'd hand them their arse's on a plate.

Ronald Villiers
10 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

How do you know the young Hearts lad was trying to reason with them?

Did you try to help him? 

Because he was walking backwards with his hands up talking to them before being chased down a street.  That to me suggests he was reasoning with them.  I was in a line of slow moving traffic with my wee laddie and his pal in the back, so no I never tried to help.  Out of interest, would you have done?

I remember watching a mass fight at tynecastle when we were both down in the first division.  Hearts fans climbing over from wheat field in to the Georgie road end.  Went on for about 15 minutes and was more interesting than the game.  Police struggled to control it.

12 hours ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

I spend a lot of time through that area and they have a real chip on their shoulders about us. 

I remember us waving our filthy lucre and chanting "loadsa munney' at them way back in the late 80's, they didn't like that one little bit iirc

Blackford Hearts
38 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

I remember watching a mass fight at tynecastle when we were both down in the first division.  Hearts fans climbing over from wheat field in to the Georgie road end.  Went on for about 15 minutes and was more interesting than the game.  Police struggled to control it.

Was that the game where the police hats were being thrown around  the Hearts fans in the shed. Young policemen were lucky to get out safely that game

7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Carfin and Plains are Celtic/IRA strongholds

Masked men with guns stopping the buses. 

portobellojambo1
12 hours ago, Stuart G said:

There was a few fists flying at the corner where both supports meet, Hearts lads started singing as Motherwell came along, a Hearts laddie threw a fire cracker into Motherwell, police dived in and had batons out,  I saw a police officer kick and baton someone but no idea whose side they were on, along at the fire station Motherwell were hanging around, again a few punches were thrown, down by the supporters buses there was another confrontation, Motherwell were also trying to have a go at ordinary older Hearts fans, no police anywhere between the corner and supporters buses, my daughter who is nearly 19 and been going with me to matches home and away for years was a bit scared  as it's the first time she has seen it actually kick off.

I'm sorry your daughter got upset by what went on. As we were walking back to our bus most of us were pissing ourselves laughing, as one or two have already mentioned if those are modern day thugs/casuals, call them what you will, then football has little to worry about. One or two I was with thought it was actually schoolkids on a day out. And round about the supporters buses they shit themselves when they suddenly realised it isn't other kids they have to worry about, their mistakes and troubles started when they turned on older fans who aren't interested in something as basic as pavement dancing. They got terribly confused when people stood up to them.

15 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Aye, I think there's a bit of bad blood between our pavement dancers and theirs.  Looked like the young guy was trying to reason with them. Next thing around 40 of them appeared, teenagers and guys in their 30's/40's, and chased the lad.  Tossers.

12 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

How do you know the young Hearts lad was trying to reason with them?

Did you try to help him? 

🙄

Maybe the club should issue a statement next time encouraging fans to stay together and avoid being separated/ travelling alone. 

At the end of the day, they nearly killed the poor laddie last time, its not an exaggerated step to take.  

Police should be more visible between the ground and train station too. 

14 hours ago, dbusby6 said:

Yeah. I remember our bus windows getting smashed after we beat them 5-0 in the Texaco cup. Happy days!

Manor Hearts bus by any chance ?

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There was certainly an atmosphere between the two clubs supporters in the late 70s and early 80s. 

Correct. 

There was always battles at Fir Park. 

Polce dogs, darts and golf balls with nails in was the order of the day back then. 

The fans didn't give a flying one about the police but when the dogs were let loose there was skid marks aplenty. 😉

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

My dad was kept hostage until the good Friday agreement was signed. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

40 minutes ago, Dunks said:

:rofl:

Ok, worded that wrong. Should be IRA "supporting" strongholds

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm sorry your daughter got upset by what went on. As we were walking back to our bus most of us were pissing ourselves laughing, as one or two have already mentioned if those are modern day thugs/casuals, call them what you will, then football has little to worry about. One or two I was with thought it was actually schoolkids on a day out. And round about the supporters buses they shit themselves when they suddenly realised it isn't other kids they have to worry about, their mistakes and troubles started when they turned on older fans who aren't interested in something as basic as pavement dancing. They got terribly confused when people stood up to them.

I agree, when I was her age(which was a while ago) this was a regular occurrence, I think it was just because we got caught right in the middle at the corner where the 2 sets of fans meet, she just found it a bit of a surprise, there were a couple of them trying to have a go with older fans just past the fire station, when the Hearts guys stood up to them they walked away.

The Motherwell youths seen I was with a wee laddie (8) but they still shouted abuse at us. Absolute scum bags. 

part_time_jambo
18 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Wait til you see Airdrie in town for the cup game.  They have previous from the 1970's

Yes, better watch out for those 70 year old neds.

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Manor Hearts bus by any chance ?

No. Fauldhouse but there were a few windaes put in that night. Great game though. Donald Ford scored 4 !

millerjames398
14 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Carfin and Plains are Celtic/IRA strongholds

I dont know about carfin, but the plains is rough as toast, my mate used to deliver irn bru to the shops there, and it was one of the only places they took a spare crate to appease the locals rangin from 15 to 50 😂

17 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

At Motherwell Texaco cup - it was a Lancashire ambush in the dark well away from the ground, might have been going through Carfin at a roundabout but I’m not sure.

And Airdrie similar but in Plains

Those were the days ... it was a Jungle out there!!

Motherwell texaco cup ,the turnstiles were closed as the ground was full we had to climb the was to get in ,those were the days I could not climb it now 😂

The Treasurer

I was walking past the Fire Station when the "confrontation" took place.

It's clear these wee neds are fans of Strictly as there was some nifty footwork on display.

Although I think they got a bit of a shock when they realised the older fans were prepared to stand up to their pathetic "threats"

AlphonseCapone

I'd be angry too if I was unemployed, with zero prospects, an acne riddled faced and half a weegie.

• 2 years later...

Assuming this was the same incident:

https://www.glasgowworld.com/news/crime/violent-dad-of-three-is-jailed-for-15-months-after-attacking-visitor-to-motherwell-on-match-day-3345985

I seem to recall another page with the laddie in question.

Anyways, there is an intresting development on the perpetrator on facebook. Perhaps there was a reason he was showing off to the bairns.

16 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

https://www.glasgowworld.com/news/crime/violent-dad-of-three-is-jailed-for-15-months-after-attacking-visitor-to-motherwell-on-match-day-3345985

Anyways, there is an intresting development on the perpetrator on facebook. Perhaps there was a reason he was showing off to the bairns.

Touch of the Griffiths about him then , it would seem 

23 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Sure this one was after the Friday night League Cup game through there. Either way, yer man Notman is a beast as well as a thug.

6 minutes ago, Locky said:

Sure this one was after the Friday night League Cup game through there. Either way, yer man Notman is a beast as well as a thug.

Sentenced to 15 months just as it comes out that he has been showing unnatural interests in 14 year old girls ....................................... I suspect he will not be playing the hard man as much for the next year and a bit 

• davemclaren locked this topic