22/1

Eddie Howe

25/1

Leonardo Jardim

25/1

Brendan Rodgers

28/1

Should have gone ages ago.

Lost the dressing room a while back and was doing a Levein and trying out a different formation and line-up every game, with no clue what he was doing or why.

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I was going to post the same thing.

He would be a great appointment, would he go to Arsenal though? Unlikely I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Boris said:

Ooh, you are awful!

Image result for dick emery ooh you are awful

But I like you...

👍

Actually laughed out loud....and still laughing now!

Mad how Ian Cathro might be taking training with guys like Ozil and Lacazette. 

Would love to hear the opinion of him from one of the players here at the time

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, R1874 said:

It’s a funny old game.

annushorribilis III
46 minutes ago, better_call_saul said:

Rumour has it Nuno at Wolves is their number one target... Cathro to the Emirates...!!

Cathro - doing an interview or press release. God,  I miss the weekly word salad. 

I can't see Nuno going - he gets anything he wants at Wolves via his "super agent". Fans love him, no pressure there. 

3 minutes ago, hawaii said:

David Moyes to ask a mate to chuck a fiver on at the bookies in a attempt at staying relevant for a job in England

I reckon Moyes will be back in the Everton dugout before the season is done.

35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He'd be mad to go there imo. 

I agree but its maybe the big job he wants. he wont go back to Liverpool so realistically he's got the Manchester teams Chelsea or Arsenal. I pains me to say it but I think he'd work wonders at Utd or Arsenal.

Shanks said no

Market shifting quickly

Massimiliano Allegri

5/2

Freddie Ljungberg

10/3

Nuno Espirito Santo

7/2

Mikel Arteta

6/1

Mauricio Pochettino

7/1

Carlo Ancelotti

8/1

Rafa Benitez

12/1

Eddie Howe

16/1

Patrick Vieira

16/1

Brendan Rodgers

25/1

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

They should go for Rafa benitez knows the league, very good pedigree and look at what he did at Newcastle on a relatively small budget. I thought when Wenger went they should have went for Rafa

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Brendan Rodgers at 28/1 looks a nice bet!

Why would he leave a good club, big transfer kitty, riding high for a team run on a relative shoestring who habe several unhappy players? 

No chance Rodgers is going there. Save your cash. 

2 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Why would he leave a good club, big transfer kitty, riding high for a team run on a relative shoestring who habe several unhappy players? 

No chance Rodgers is going there. Save your cash. 

Because quite simply Arsenal are a massive club and Leicester aren't. 

40 minutes ago, R1874 said:

A No1 and a No2 are entirely different scenarios.

As anyone who couldn't find a toilet whilst having the turtles head poking through can tell you  

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Because quite simply Arsenal are a massive club and Leicester aren't. 

Were. Until Kroenke goes they will not be a massive club. Rodgers has himself a great job at Leicester. If I were a betting man I'd say his next job might be Man U, Liverpool connections or not. He's a proper fit for them these days and has turned Leicester into a cracking side in few months. He'll stay there this year then he'll look for a proper top job I reckon.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Be good to see eddie howe get a job like that. 

Just as a matter of curiosity - Is Eddie Howe any relation to Don Howe who coached at Arsenal for years?

9 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Were. Until Kroenke goes they will not be a massive club. Rodgers has himself a great job at Leicester. If I were a betting man I'd say his next job might be Man U, Liverpool connections or not. He's a proper fit for them these days and has turned Leicester into a cracking side in few months. He'll stay there this year then he'll look for a proper top job I reckon.

If you read further up I said the same about Man Utd. It may be the job he's holding out for.

Arsenal are still a massive club, they may not be run like one but they have a huge fan base and stadium to match. Leicester is a good job for him now but theirs a ceiling as to what they can achieve longer term. He's picked the perfect club to get him back to the top jobs.

10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If you read further up I said the same about Man Utd. It may be the job he's holding out for.

Arsenal are still a massive club, they may not be run like one but they have a huge fan base and stadium to match. Leicester is a good job for him now but theirs a ceiling as to what they can achieve longer term. He's picked the perfect club to get him back to the top jobs.

Yip, agree with all of that with the exception that Leicester have a ceiling. They may do but they have a large catchment area, lots of growth potential with no real competition, they have great owners who will spend money when required, and the fans are brilliant. They've also won the EPL and I think they're a stick on for champions league spot this year. If Rodgers stays and delivers champs league again then you would have to say they are beginning to look like a big club. Remember peoples view of Man City when the money began to flow, they were a bit of a joke, serial losers with a decent fanbase but not much else. Money and success makes big clubs (Chelsea included in this also), Arsenal are in danger/are slipping into mid-table mediocrity. Big players don't sign for those kinds of teams and it becomes a vicious circle (one which Man U are flirting with right now).

Rodgers for Man U, no idea who Kroenke will go for at Arsenal.

1 hour ago, better_call_saul said:

Rumour has it Nuno at Wolves is their number one target... Levein to the Emirates...!!

FTFY. I must admit I'm no fan of Arsenal but even I couldn't do that to them.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I reckon Moyes will be back in the Everton dugout before the season is done.

Good shout.  He shouldn't have gone to Man U in the first place.

better_call_saul
8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

FTFY. I must admit I'm no fan of Arsenal but even I couldn't do that to them.

Cathro's just desperate to play the Dreamcast.

BangkokHearts
2 hours ago, Boris said:

Ooh, you are awful!

Image result for dick emery ooh you are awful

But I like you...

Brendan Rogers new gf?

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Emery for Hearts? 

No need for the question mark Sarah. Done deal according to someone seemingly in the know :rolleyes4:

1 hour ago, TheTrumpet said:

Define massive club

1 hour ago, TheTrumpet said:

Yip, agree with all of that with the exception that Leicester have a ceiling. They may do but they have a large catchment area, lots of growth potential with no real competition, they have great owners who will spend money when required, and the fans are brilliant. They've also won the EPL and I think they're a stick on for champions league spot this year. If Rodgers stays and delivers champs league again then you would have to say they are beginning to look like a big club. Remember peoples view of Man City when the money began to flow, they were a bit of a joke, serial losers with a decent fanbase but not much else. Money and success makes big clubs (Chelsea included in this also), Arsenal are in danger/are slipping into mid-table mediocrity. Big players don't sign for those kinds of teams and it becomes a vicious circle (one which Man U are flirting with right now).

Rodgers for Man U, no idea who Kroenke will go for at Arsenal.

The power base in England has most certainly shifted and Arsenal only have themselves to blame, 4th became the target not 1st and eventually it was going to go wrong, the minute these clubs drop out the top 4 they struggle to get back in, for the reasons you state.

I think Leicester have a ceiling, simply because they will also loose their better players to the so called big teams - money talks down there. Vardy is virtually irreplaceable for a club like Leicester to get the return out of a forward they get from him you'd up in the 80 million + bracket and if those players are available they will be tracked by the European giants. Man City had to throw billions at it to get where they are amd while Leicester are starting from a better place I just don't see them holding a challenge for a consistent period. Great club though and I'd love to see them win it again this year. 

Rodgers for Utd is certainly something that could happen, Utd may just keep OGS until the end of this season then make their move. Would add a bit more to the Utd v Liverpool games thats for sure!

3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Pochettino to Arsenal? 

That would be hilarious. Wouldn't even move house. His commute would change by two minutes

Hagar the Horrible

That list looks like the filtered residue from the list of candidates budge has ruled out. 

Hope they want CL.  Go back to one nil for the arsenal 

Tremendous record of success which is why he got the Arsenal job.  Couldn't make a go of it.

Just shows how problematic this manager appointment business is.

Back in the day,  someone at Aberdeen must have said let's give this Ferguson bloke a go.