Tynecastle Park up for top award!

Don Dan

Bridge of Djoum
On 28/11/2019 at 10:42, tian447 said:

And the other day, it's still filled with a bunch of planks and tools. 

Underrated post IMO.

8/10

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• Francis Albert

• martoon

• Beast Boy

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

That was the best bit of the whole thread! 

Agreed. Made me laugh, anyway.

edit. I was referring to the later post with the rentokil geezer,.

Edited by Coburg Hearts

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, martoon said:

:lol:

Loved that we had pretty much identical memories to recall but they were two separate incidents 20+ years apart. 

Amidst all the fighting, bickering, and negativity, it's what makes kickback worthwhile.

On 28/11/2019 at 15:20, Dannie Boy said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/tynecastle-park-top-award-hearts-battle-chelsea-arsenal-and-man-city-stadium-prize-1327028

Tynecastle Park has been shortlisted for a prestigious award attonight's Football Business Awards in London.

The Hearts stadium faces stiff competition from English Premier League clubs Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City in the "Best non-match day use of venue" category. 

The Gorgie arena staged the opening performance of the 2019 Edinburgh Festival Fringe, with the Los Angeles Philharmonic performing a series of music under the direction of renowned conductor Gustavo Dudamel in a specially constructed "Hollywood Bowl" stage. 

Around 15,000 spectators turned out for the free event - the largest in the history of the Edinburgh International Festival.

Good Luck with this. I hope we win it and any future benefit from it can be invested in our failing football department.

:flagwave:

Aye, but irreversible damage done to the pitch has brought shame on the entire club ...

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Back off topic then.

I was at Norton Park in between times of you two 1963 - 1966.

Used to love showering the Hibs players with abuse and other things  ☺

Surprising amount of Jambos at that school.

Headmaster came round the classes one day announcing that a complaint had been received from Hibernian about pupils breaking windows at the back of the stand . Fecking cheek they had the windows had been like that for years.

Easter Road Stadium, at a time of shit hole stadiums it would have won top prize at a canter.

People often doubt me when I tell them there were more Hearts supporters than Hibs at the school at that time, but it was true. A few Rangers fans, but I can't recall any Celtic ones, thank ****. I imagine it's different now.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Dunks said:

The comment at the bottom is a belter. Probably a member on here, too.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Thanks for the clarification.

You are welcome.

Seems it was for being a "socio political hub".

Edited by Francis Albert

On 28/11/2019 at 15:49, Icon of Symmetry said:

Something about chips and lightbulbs too... Personally, I don’t talk food unless there is a decent range of rodent shite condiments.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/football-clubs-told-clean-up-2052678.amp

At Hibs’ Easter Road stadium, mouse droppings were found in the west stand kitchen. The floors in another kitchen needed repair and food and ice were being stored uncovered in the bar areas, risking contamination by pests.

Those mice are taking a chance, think of the diseases they could catch running about in that midden.

Tynecastle Park last night received the UK wide award for 'Best non-matchday use of a venue' at the prestigious annual Football Business Awards in London.

Nominated in the 'Best non-match day use of venue' category, Tynecastle Park received UK wide recognition for playing host to the hugely successful opening event of the 2019 Edinburgh International Festival. The Los Angeles Philharmonic, under Gustavo Dudamel, performed movie music from the golden age of Hollywood on a specially constructed Hollywood Bowl stage to an audience of 15,000 in the biggest free event of its kind in the International Festival’s history.

Hearts were the only Scottish club nominated in the category and triumphed over the following world class arenas who were also nominated in the category: Emirates Stadium (Arsenal FC), Etihad Stadium (Manchester City FC), Stamford Bridge (Chelsea FC), Villa Park (Aston Villa FC), Carrow Road (Norwich City FC) and Ashton Gate Stadium (Bristol City FC). 

18 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Amidst all the fighting, bickering, and negativity, it's what makes kickback worthwhile.

Spot on.

This thread, along with the "Blocking" one, was a good laugh yesterday. 

Coburg Hearts
15 hours ago, RobNox said:

Those mice are taking a chance, think of the diseases they could catch running about in that midden.

It's the mice that got Rentokil in. 

22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We might land the G8 soon.  Trumpy in a Hearts scarf.

Sorry.  G7.  Vlad got the red card.

Stephane Grappelli
On 29/11/2019 at 08:19, The Treasurer said:

It's clear some of our hard of thinking posters aren't bright enough to realise that to be successful on the pitch you need to generate income off it.

By having award winning facilities to offer potential clients, we have a good chance of continuing to grow our off field business, which in turn, can only benefit the football side of our club.

Well done to all involved in winning this award.

Aye, all the lovely off field income has got us flying on the pitch right enough...