Who has Definitely Applied for Manager or SD?

CostaJambo

28 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

True, but they’ve made an arse of it twice before, including as their hesitation to sack the poor appointments they made.

Which suggests that the outcome of them doing it a 3rd time is more probable. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But I will keep my powder dry until then and I will also give any new manager, whoever it may be, to my liking or not, a chance before we can say for sure whether the board are truly incompetent or just made a mistake due to poor advice. 

This is 100% the case. The Cathro gamble I can accept, I really wanted it to work and to fail by trying something very different is understandable. The response of putting Levein in 2 jobs was a poorly thought out disaster which ultimately made it so difficult to get rid of him that it was allowed to continue for several months too long.

Any board witnessing the car crash of the last few months would surely have been putting feelers out on successors they have identified. It looks very much like they didn't do that and have been recruiting on applications alone. That's disappointing and makes me wonder whether they are fit for purpose. 

Like CT I will of course back the new manager and I really hope he has a good start and is successful. It would be good for the club to go into fan ownership next year with stability on the footballing side. 

Edited by Jodami

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• jambopilms

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Stokes wage bill is the remnants of having a bunch of overpaid Premier League players on long contracts unwilling to terminate. Sunderland had a similar issue.

Not sure what relevance that has to Nathan Jones who currently is unattached and previously a manager at a much smaller club than Hearts. 

Freedmans done nothing, his record is atrocious we have clearly established that. It’s worse than Leveins and almost as bad as Ian Cathros. Wouldn’t touch with Pat McGinleys. 

Maybe he’s a good Sporting Director though, hopefully he’s applying for that position.

You obviously didn’t read what I said about Warnock or you wouldn’t have posted what you have. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Judging by the reception than some of the jokers that have been interviewed are getting and the poll on here,  I think it’s clearly a case that your standards are seriously low, rather than mines being too high. 😉

The poll is quite clearly each poster selecting their top candidate. Stendel and then Warnock are running away with it. That doesn’t mean we will get either of these candidates as our new manager. You are still getting caught up in looking at win ratios in the English Championship. Rodgers at Reading < 30% win rate. Lennon at Bolton < 30% win rate. McInnes at Bristol City < 30% win rate. They have all done very well coming to / or returning to the Scottish Premiership.

Regarding Jones I was replying to your statement that he would have been on a low wage. I agree with the top candidates you want in Stendel / Jones. I disagree however with the embarrassing and disparaging attitude you show to those candidates who are probably more realistic. Time will tell.