It's July 1. Time for action

shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson

Some of you will know of the personal deadline I set many months back for Romanov to make good the January 1 statement, and appoint a credible, experienced, fully autonomous manager, with control over both selection and signings. That deadline has now elapsed, and we seem no nearer to finally getting this football club back to a position of stability and respectability on and off the park.

As a result, I have no confidence in those in charge, and believe it's time we, as fans, finally got organised. Various threads on here in recent days have suggested that many others have reached the point of no return too - so what I want to do now is ask for as many ideas as possible from as many Kickbackers as possible about what we should do.

I write this fully aware that some are still supportive of those running the club; others continue to hold out in hope that, if only we appointed an autonomous manager, many of the problems could be solved; and still others have at least renewed, and will be reluctant to begin a campaign so early next season, with the difficulties associated with Save Our Hearts still fresh in our minds. That's fine. We all have our own particular breaking point - and I want to make clear that I have no beef at all with anyone that's renewed. I fully understand the reasons why, and that it's incredibly difficult for anyone to forcibly break with a commitment - attending all home games - which stretches back, in the case of some, many decades.

But apart from a very small few, I think the vast majority of us are now extremely concerned with how our club is being run, so would like us to stop talking to ourselves, and start planning how we're going to go about changing things, and ultimately wresting control back. The mass letter idea mentioned elsewhere is an intriguing one: I must say, though, that I think such a missive would need to be expressed forcefully, not meekly. The time for gentle diplomacy has now passed, and the last thing a dictator respects is someone who just bows down before them. Think about it: if Chris Robinson had implemented all the nonsense we've had to endure over the last couple of years, would we be sending him friendly, docile letters emphasising all the good he's done before politely asking him to change? So why is our approach so different where Romanov is concerned?

We need to be far more direct, and far less passive. Ultimately, what I'm calling for here is some form of organised opposition, very much in the guise that Geoff Kilpatrick (apologies for naming him in this thread) has suggested elsewhere. It is wholly unrealistic to believe we could ever raise the funds needed to buy Romanov out - but rather than let that just stop us in our tracks, we should be setting our horizons at a much more realistic level. A pressure group, publicised by the media, and hopefully backed by many people connected with the club (for example, George Foulkes, Gary Mackay, John Colquhoun, Donald Ford, and especially, given his political influence, Alex Salmond) should be aimed at putting the heat on those in charge, having a coherent strategy, and allowing the fans to speak as one.

That final point is absolutely critical. I realise how difficult it will be to unify all supporters' groups - but it's ridiculous the way so many factions always seem at odds with one another, and makes publicising any campaign or protest much harder than it should be. Is it not possible for key individuals to unite together for the greater good of the club? That's something I intend to find out over the next few weeks and months. More generally though, depending on events, and what materialises both in terms of coaching staff, how much autonomy they have, and how we get on on the field, I think we should be looking at staging any campaign step by step, roughly along the following lines:

1. An organised boycott of all official club merchandise.

2. A boycott of home pre-season friendlies.

3. Adverts to be placed in the Lithuanian press demanding Romanov treat Heart of Midlothian FC with dignity and respect, and warning local people about what he's done to our club.

4. At the first home league game, and maybe at subsequent games too, a boycott of the first 15 minutes of the match, along the lines of those organised by PSG fans last season (at one of which, they left a large banner with the words "If you need us, we'll be in the bar").

5. If the mountain won't come to Mohammed, Mohammed must go to the mountain. Flights from Prestwick to Kaunas to be organised, and a protest ensuing outside UBIG's offices, and maybe at FBK's ground too. Not to be considered, though, unless we were confident that at least several hundred fans were prepared to make the trip.

6. Full scale boycotts of all home games.

7. A Scottish version of Fans' United, at which we invite fans from across the UK to join us at a particular home game and voice loud our opposition to owners treating football clubs as their own personal toys. Note, this must not be a protest against foreign owners - there's nothing wrong with someone like Randy Lerner, for example - but organised properly, I think such a day would connect with the fears many fans have about the direction modern football is headed.

These are all just ideas - and the idea of this thread is to ask for more, many more. I would, incidentally, be more than happy to be heavily involved with any campaign: albeit with the caveat that, before anyone is misguided enough to suggest so, I'd be obviously unsuitable to lead it, given I am based in Oxford, have a very English accent, and have never held a season ticket. All factors, in other words, which would be easy for the club, and opponents of a campaign amongst our own fans, to make digs at. But in terms of being part of what I hope results over the next few months: absolutely.

That's enough waffle from me, I think - so the floor is yours. What are your feelings? What is needed? What can best be done? What must be done? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

virgilhiltz

A variation of option 1 but a total ban on all purchases of halftime food/beverages etc......pickets the area with placard etc making sure not a dime is spent.

Cumulative effect of this over many weeks wouldnt go unnoticed.

I plan to carp about Romanov's business ability and football management skills on KB.

But also to continue to go to the games and if hungry perhaps buy a pie.

jambovambo

Very thoughful and articulate, as usual.

My breaking point was more than a year ago, and I am glad there is a larger groundswell of people willing to speak out and do something, as things have got much worse in the meantime.

Yes, they have, don't anyone try to argue they haven't.

I'm up for anything, and up for helping to organise it.

I plan to carp about Romanov's business ability and football management skills on KB.

But also to continue to go to the games and if hungry perhaps buy a pie.

attention seeker. The op said he respected the different oppinions, why can you not do the same and take a back seat for once? This thread is for people to suggest a way forward for those of us who have had enough and no longer want to hand over our hard earned for a sub standard product.

we want change. you want attention, away and look in the mirror...you will see a fool

eejit!

at last someone who has come up with a plan to unite the vast majority of fans. the time is right to organise protests and shaun has come up with some cracking idea's.

i'm all for having a go at this clueless dictator and the sooner we the hearts support show the world that we've got some ba**s the sooner we will get some pride back in ourselves.

let's stand together on this one and not tolerate the few romanov bootlickers who just don't care about our club.

let's put an end to the gross mismanagement that infects the hearts.

Some of you will know of the personal deadline I set many months back for Romanov to make good the January 1 statement, and appoint a credible, experienced, fully autonomous manager, with control over both selection and signings. That deadline has now elapsed, and we seem no nearer to finally getting this football club back to a position of stability and respectability on and off the park.

As a result, I have no confidence in those in charge, and believe it's time we, as fans, finally got organised. Various threads on here in recent days have suggested that many others have reached the point of no return too - so what I want to do now is ask for as many ideas as possible from as many Kickbackers as possible about what we should do.

I write this fully aware that some are still supportive of those running the club; others continue to hold out in hope that, if only we appointed an autonomous manager, many of the problems could be solved; and still others have at least renewed, and will be reluctant to begin a campaign so early next season, with the difficulties associated with Save Our Hearts still fresh in our minds. That's fine. We all have our own particular breaking point - and I want to make clear that I have no beef at all with anyone that's renewed. I fully understand the reasons why, and that it's incredibly difficult for anyone to forcibly break with a commitment - attending all home games - which stretches back, in the case of some, many decades.

But apart from a very small few, I think the vast majority of us are now extremely concerned with how our club is being run, so would like us to stop talking to ourselves, and start planning how we're going to go about changing things, and ultimately wresting control back. The mass letter idea mentioned elsewhere is an intriguing one: I must say, though, that I think such a missive would need to be expressed forcefully, not meekly. The time for gentle diplomacy has now passed, and the last thing a dictator respects is someone who just bows down before them. Think about it: if Chris Robinson had implemented all the nonsense we've had to endure over the last couple of years, would we be sending him friendly, docile letters emphasising all the good he's done before politely asking him to change? So why is our approach so different where Romanov is concerned?

We need to be far more direct, and far less passive. Ultimately, what I'm calling for here is some form of organised opposition, very much in the guise that Geoff Kilpatrick (apologies for naming him in this thread) has suggested elsewhere. It is wholly unrealistic to believe we could ever raise the funds needed to buy Romanov out - but rather than let that just stop us in our tracks, we should be setting our horizons at a much more realistic level. A pressure group, publicised by the media, and hopefully backed by many people connected with the club (for example, George Foulkes, Gary Mackay, John Colquhoun, Donald Ford, and especially, given his political influence, Alex Salmond) should be aimed at putting the heat on those in charge, having a coherent strategy, and allowing the fans to speak as one.

That final point is absolutely critical. I realise how difficult it will be to unify all supporters' groups - but it's ridiculous the way so many factions always seem at odds with one another, and makes publicising any campaign or protest much harder than it should be. Is it not possible for key individuals to unite together for the greater good of the club? That's something I intend to

3fe0

find out over the next few weeks and months. More generally though, depending on events, and what materialises both in terms of coaching staff, how much autonomy they have, and how we get on on the field, I think we should be looking at staging any campaign step by step, roughly along the following lines:

3. Adverts to be placed in the Lithuanian press demanding Romanov treat Heart of Midlothian FC with dignity and respect, and warning local people about what he's done to our club.

4. At the first home league game, and maybe at subsequent games too, a boycott of the first 15 minutes of the match, along the lines of those organised by PSG fans last season (at one of which, they left a large banner with the words "If you need us, we'll be in the bar").

5. If the mountain won't come to Mohammed, Mohammed must go to the mountain. Flights from Prestwick to Kaunas to be organised, and a protest ensuing outside UBIG's offices, and maybe at FBK's ground too. Not to be considered, though, unless we were confident that at least several hundred fans were prepared to make the trip.

7. A Scottish version of Fans' United, at which we invite fans from across the UK to join us at a particular home game and voice loud our opposition to owners treating football clubs as their own personal toys. Note, this must not be a protest against foreign owners - there's nothing wrong with someone like Randy Lerner, for example - but organised properly, I think such a day would connect with the fears many fans have about the direction modern football is headed.

These are all just ideas - and the idea of this thread is to ask for more, many more. I would, incidentally, be more than happy to be heavily involved with any campaign: albeit with the caveat that, before anyone is misguided enough to suggest so, I'd be obviously unsuitable to lead it, given I am based in Oxford, have a very English accent, and have never held a season ticket. All factors, in other words, which would be easy for the club, and opponents of a campaign amongst our own fans, to make digs at. But in terms of being part of what I hope results over the next few months: absolutely.

That's enough waffle from me, I think - so the floor is yours. What are your feelings? What is needed? What can best be done? What must be done? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I do not think some of your ideas would work - buit is refreshing to read an articulate post that does not slate those who perhaps think different, so it would still be interesting to see if there becomes a conclusion to this.

We_are_the_Hearts

Scary thing is, all of this could be too late. Apathy has set in so much that a lot of fans are past the protest stage and resigned to putting up with the assholes who run our club. WHo would have thought so many GOOD Hearts fans could become so disinterested in their club. SAD but TRUE.

blackjambo

Good sentiments but you do not say what your objective is. Is it to remove Romanov or is it to get him to act differently and appoint a proper manager with automony over team matters? This is very important and it is unclear from your original post. The tactics would be completely different and I would suggest that this would have a big influence in who would support the campaign. If you don't get this right up front - you will never be able to speak with a unified voice, which is essential.

Ron Burgundy

"Some of you will know of the personal deadline I set many months back for Romanov"

That parts a belter.What did he say when you laid down the law?

Rawrrrrrrr

Out of Interest who are you shaun and why exactly for a second do you think what you have to say or do is going to remotely influence vlad?

Its quite funny how those who sold out 4 years ago and have since abused anyone who remotely criticised or questioned vlad are now the ones trying to organise the protests etc

I would participate in such activities. We need to streamline what it is we are protesting for though.

You say

appoint a credible, experienced, fully autonomous manager, with control over both selection and signings.

I would amend it to say that we should

appoint a credible, experienced manager that has full control over training, selection, substitions and final say on players involvement.

shaun.lawson
Good sentiments but you do not say what your objective is. Is it to remove Romanov or is it to get him to act differently and appoint a proper manager with automony over team matters? This is very important and it is unclear from your original post. The tactics would be completely different and I would suggest that this would have a big influence in who would support the campaign. If you don't get this right up front - you will never be able to speak with a unified voice, which is essential.

Good question. Initially, the objective would be to demand Romanov made good the January 1 statement at once. More generally, it would be to demonstrate that if this does not happen, Hearts fans can no longer be taken for granted and walked over by the man at the top: that the club is bigger than him, in other words.

Would it be a 'Romanov Out' campaign? Not yet, no. I don't think enough fans have reached the tipping point for that yet, mainly because of the lack of alternatives on offer. However, if a well organised, united campaign gained momentum, and was publicised in the media as well as by figures associated with the club, you may find possible alternatives begin to materialise (Foulkes and Salmond must have wealthy business connections, I'd have thought), and if we got to stages 6 and 7 of the plan I've outlined above, then by that point, it would probably have morphed into a campaign demanding he leave.

The bottom line is, I think the only way of persuading Vlad to run us as a normal football club again is to hit him where it hurts: in his and UBIG's pocket. There are stages to go through before we get to fully fledged boycotts of all games - but if we did reach that point, that'd surely be the crunch. "Don't care was made to care", in other words.

Its quite funny how those who sold out 4 years ago and have since abused anyone who remotely criticised or questioned vlad are now the ones trying to organise the protests etc

Sold out ? Interesting choice of words. What do you look like ? Maybe I'll remember you from one of the SOH meetings ? Shouldn't be too difficult as it was the same "few" people every week that tried in vain to buy SMGs shares - almost did it too. If only we'd been able to raise a little more cash....ah well.

Darth Sidious
something needs to be done

The people can write their letter. But instead of us wasting money and paper. Email it.

Email it to Vlad at UBIG in Kaunas. But copy it to the mailboxes of everyone at Hearts, the contact addresses for UBIG, Ukios Bankas, Umbro, all other corporate sponsers you can think of, the rags.

If you can organise 5K - 10K emails being sent at the same time to the same In Boxes then that will bring down Vlad's business websites, surely that will get his attention.

Someone organise the text of the email, someone find the a list of email addresses and then finalise a date and time.

Waiting until the 1st game to protest is TOO late. The pre season is being ruined and the players will not be prepared now.

shaun.lawson
"Some of you will know of the personal deadline I set many months back for Romanov"

That parts a belter.What did he say when you laid down the law?

Heh! Now how did I know someone would pull me up on that, eh? :)

I stuck my neck out and set a deadline. Now that it's passed, I think it's incumbent on me to do something about it instead of just sit here and moan. Is Vlad going to pay the slightest attention to one fan? Hardly - but he might pay attention to several thousand acting as part of a united campaign. And in that case, I'd say it's time to get something running, don't you?

I mean, I assume you can't be happy with how things currently are either - so what are your ideas about what we should do?

Seymour M Hersh

That final point is absolutely critical. I realise how difficult it will be to unify all supporters' groups - but it's ridiculous the way so many factions always seem at odds with one another, and makes publicising any campaign or protest much harder than it should be. Is it not possible for key individuals to unite together for the greater good of the club? That's something I intend to find out over the next few weeks and months. More generally though, depending on events, and what materialises both in terms of coaching staff, how much autonomy they have, and how we get on on the field, I think we should be looking at staging any campaign step by step, roughly along the following lines:

Still you must be happy about the mega rich chap wanting to buy your club in East Anglia!!

shaun.lawson
Out of Interest who are you shaun and why exactly for a second do you think what you have to say or do is going to remotely influence vlad?

Who am I? A Hearts fan since 1991, brought up in North West London, who has regularly attended games since the late 90s and posted on Kickback since 2000. Is Vlad going to pay any attention to just me? Of course not. But how exactly do you think protests or campaigns start unless someone suggests it in the first place? Out of tiny acorns grow large trees, after all.

Meanwhile, on your second paragraph: what on earth are you talking about? When have I ever abused those criticising Vlad? I've been criticising him pretty constantly myself for well over two years now. Unlike you though, I haven't just attacked other posters for its own sake, nor constantly trolled in order to get a reaction. You've been appalled with Vlad for as long as I can remember - so why not do something about it for once?

shaun.lawson
Still you must be happy about the mega rich chap wanting to buy your club in East Anglia!!

If only it were that simple, Seymour. Not only did the board turn down his offer last autumn of ?5m up front, with ?15m to follow this summer for new players at a time when we were bottom of the league and heading for League One, but last night, they named their price if he wants to take over: a ludicrous ?56m! To be fair, it's possible he's a Deans type character looking to buy into the club on the cheap - but it looks awfully like Delia and the board have, by securitising the club with long term loans, made it almost impossible for anyone to buy them out - meaning some sort of boardroom war is probably afoot. Oh dear.

Football today, eh?

PresidentRomanov

Shuan's going to be directing operations from Oxford :)

Shuan's going to be directing operations from Oxford :)

It's always safer away from the front line. :rolleyes:

el_jambo74

I think the Hull City protest is the best way forward. Its far enough off to give the powers at be a chance to do something, and I think it'd get a lot of support from the fans. Possibly we can get someone to put a big banner in the stadium to get the message across also. I think the club will baulk at the fact that ticket sales are not happening.

Once they see we are serious, and more united than ever, any future threat of boycotting merchandise etc. will be taking more seriously.

200milesfromgorgie

coming up with a name for this 'collective' (if thats what it is) and getting a new ara on the forum for it (boot the lounge?) would be a good idea so it can be used to discuss actions and not used for anything else, yeah mods?

Also if somebody does have an idea it dosent get lost in some sort of McGhee mega thread.

I haven't read many of the threads (being in Cyprus at present) but it seems to me the only action that would make Romanov think is if everyone en masse bombarded the ticket office with demands for their money back - after all no games have yet taken place this season and I would guess there is a good argument for a refund. I'm so glad I didn't renew!

shaun.lawson
coming up with a name for this 'collective' (if thats what it is) and getting a new ara on the forum for it (boot the lounge?) would be a good idea so it can be used to discuss actions and not used for anything else, yeah mods?

Also if somebody does have an idea it dosent get lost in some sort of McGhee mega thread.

I agree with this. And as regards a name, while I realise others will regard it as too confrontational and too close to the bone, I think Geoff Kilpatrick's suggestion of CHARM (Concerned Hearts supporters Against Romanov's Meddling) is a good starting point - because doesn't that sum up exactly what our problem here is?

Seymour M Hersh
If only it were that simple, Seymour. Not only did the board turn down his offer last autumn of ?5m up front, with ?15m to follow this summer for new players at a time when we were bottom of the league and heading for League One, but last night, they named their price if he wants to take over: a ludicrous ?56m! To be fair, it's possible he's a Deans type character looking to buy into the club on the cheap - but it looks awfully like Delia and the board have, by securitising the club with long term loans, made it almost impossible for anyone to buy them out - meaning some sort of boardroom war is probably afoot. Oh dear.

Football today, eh?

Maybe you could speak to him regarding a wee football team that'll aye make it smart?

CHARM (Concerned Hearts supporters Against Romanov's Meddling) is a good starting point

That's CSHARM :dribble:

shaun.lawson
It's always safer away from the front line. :rolleyes:

I knew I could count on your support, Therapist. :)

Incidentally, I was intrigued to see you comment on another thread that you're anticipating another miserable struggle for at best 6th place this season. Why is this? Is it because we still haven't appointed a proper manager, and preseason is now upon us? And how exactly do you suppose things will ever improve if Romanov doesn't dramatically change his methods?

shaun.lawson
Maybe you could speak to him regarding a wee football team that'll aye make it smart?

Hehehe! Yikes: what a conflict of loyalties that'd present! :) I'll keep it in mind, though - and if he gets nowhere with NCFC, you never know...

a wee football team that'll aye make it smart?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

shaun.lawson
That's CSHARM :dribble:

No, it's CHSARM actually - though not if the 's' in 'supporters' is written in lower case.

Hope this helps. :)

Come the REVOLUTION!............................................

Agree, something has to be done,

Count me in.

200milesfromgorgie
I agree with this. And as regards a name, while I realise others will regard it as too confrontational and too close to the bone, I think Geoff Kilpatrick's suggestion of CHARM (Concerned Hearts supporters Against Romanov's Meddling) is a good starting point - because doesn't that sum up exactly what our problem here is?

CHARM it is (as much as it makes me cringe for reasons only known ot me!)

MODS pleaser help here.

Bootboy100

Shaun I totally agree with your sentiments and actions.

action point I was thinking of was a mass of emails sent to UBIG telling them what we think of how our club is being run and to demand answers from them.

If what I have heard and a few others have heard the same the UBIG head honchos are extremely unhappy with the way the club is being run and they have apparently warned Romanov that things must improve.

Just a thought though.

I've not read all the posts so it's maybe been said but I think we should contact the papers and link them to this thread to show a protest is imminent. It would certainly alert everyone and more importantly, Romanov. If no changes take place within atleast two weeks of that we take any ideas posted and carry them out.

I'd be willing to email the papers but if it's done in force then they'd maybe take notice.

shaun.lawson
Shaun I totally agree with your sentiments and actions.

action point I was thinking of was a mass of emails sent to UBIG telling them what we think of how our club is being run and to demand answers from them.

If what I have heard and a few others have heard the same the UBIG head honchos are extremely unhappy with the way the club is being run and they have apparently warned Romanov that things must improve.

Just a thought though.

Thankyou - and I think it's a good one too.

Incidentally, I was intrigued to see you comment on another thread that you're anticipating another miserable struggle for at best 6th place this season. Why is this?

Two things:

1. Our player pool is not good enough.

2. We don't have the right coaching/management structure in place, and we're already into the pre-season phase.

To be fair to Romanov, he is trying to get someone in and if he does keep getting KBs he may well re-appraise how much interaction he thinks he should have with the footballing side.

Having said all that, the wrist slashers are doing my nut in. Thank **** they weren't around in the 1970s and early 1980s or bodies would have been hanging from the lamp posts in Gorgie. :sad:

Rawrrrrrrr

If you think writing an email which will be deleted and never reach the target audience is a good idea then that just reinforces my opinion we are doomed as a club in the form we know and love

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

As I've pointed out before, Romanov and his family are the UBIG head honchos. Are you saying they have given themselves a ticking off?

Dr. Bapswent
If you think writing an email which will be deleted and never reach the target audience is a good idea then that just reinforces my opinion we are doomed as a club in the form we know and love

What do you suggest?

kannymann1

There's nothing worse than making an attempt to try to help a cause and getting slated for trying to do so. It's easy hiding behind pseudonyms and such like and making negative and petty comments without fear of any real reprisal. If people like Shaun choose to try to put forward constructive and very valid ideas then we should democratically take heed and all who post petty and pointless posts need to get a grip.

Yes I was the Rangers fan who bought a season ticket for Tynecastle, because to be frank, I like the Hearts and always have done: like many thousands of Rangers fans. I was given a mixed reception by some of the Jambos, but I HAVE bought a season ticket and feel the players need our support, so i will be going to the games. It doesn't mean to say though that I am happy at the way this great institution is being run into the ground.

Let's all get together on this and do our respective "bits" to launch the Hearts back into the spotlight for all the right reasons.

I'm behind you Shaun and I'm with the vast majority of Hearts supporters who have the best interest of the club at heart. For the record every Rangers fan and supporter I know have concerns for this marvellous old club and wish only to see some stability back at the club. I've been asked to relay this from a good number of "blue noses" so I am. For goodness sake, if you've got support from other SPL supporters as well, surely all in maroon and white can put up a united front.

Sorry for appearing to be a bit "*****ly", but we're all concerned and a bit deflated at the moment.

Guest JamboRobbo
What do you suggest?

I reckon a few stupid photos of fat or ugly people will sort him out.

Dr. Bapswent
I reckon a few stupid photos of fat or ugly people will sort him out.

What was that for?

shaun.lawson
Two things:

1. Our player pool is not good enough.

2. We don't have the right coaching/management structure in place, and we're already into the pre-season phase.

To be fair to Romanov, he is trying to get someone in and if he does keep getting KBs he may well re-appraise how much interaction he thinks he should have with the footballing side.

Having said all that, the wrist slashers are doing my nut in. Thank **** they weren't around in the 1970s and early 1980s or bodies would have been hanging from the lamp posts in Gorgie. :sad:

Whose responsibility are points one and two?

Meanwhile, how hard has Romanov been trying to get someone in? The McGhee affair seems to have convinced him against appointing anyone British, period, which is utterly bizarre. Are there not any other British managers who could do the job? And if any other club had just entered its seventh month since announcing its search for a manager, what would be your reaction? You'd be laughing your arse off, I bet.

As for the comparison with the 70s and early 80s: on the pitch, last season was our worst since then, and you've already said you don't expect things to improve. Yet this has occurred with our wage bill at unprecedentedly high levels, a debt way in excess of where it was when VR took over, and with our total liabilities now dwarfing our total assets. Meaning, unless an alternative can be found, we appear to be stuck with Vlad, for good or ill. Given the decline he's overseen, doesn't this alarm you at all?

200milesfromgorgie
There's nothing worse than making an attempt to try to help a cause and getting slated for trying to do so. It's easy hiding behind pseudonyms and such like and making negative and petty comments without fear of any real reprisal. If people like Shaun choose to try to put forward constructive and very valid ideas then we should democratically take heed and all who post petty and pointless posts need to get a grip.

Yes I was the Rangers fan who bought a season ticket for Tynecastle, because to be frank, I like the Hearts and always have done: like many thousands of Rangers fans. I was given a mixed reception by some of the Jambos, but I HAVE bought a season ticket and feel the players need our support, so i will be going to the games. It doesn't mean to say though that I am happy at the way this great institution is being run into the ground.

Let's all get together on this and do our respective "bits" to launch the Hearts back into the spotlight for all the right reasons.

I'm behind you Shaun and I'm with the vast majority of Hearts supporters who have the best interest of the club at heart. For the record every Rangers fan and supporter I know have concerns for this marvellous old club and wish only to see some stability back at the club. I've been asked to relay this from a good number of "blue noses" so I am. For goodness sake, if you've got support from other SPL supporters as well, surely all in maroon and white can put up a united front.

Sorry for appearing to be a bit "*****ly", but we're all concerned and a bit deflated at the moment.

Spot on. The most part people are either supportive but if they don't agree tend to put a valid point why not, thats fair enough. Like you said the childish petty comments are the ones that just don't help.

Archived