Naismith to Irving

Serge Pizzorno

Serge Pizzorno

Noticed yesterday after the goal walking back to our half that Naismith was giving Irving plaudits and almost seemed to give all the credit of the goal to him for his delivery. 

Sums up how much of a professional he is and the experience we have been missing all season.

Its scary what he brings to the team in leadership and willing the team on. 

We need a naismith in every department. Whelan seems to bring that same calm to midfield too which is amazing. 

Naisy is a moany bugger! Was in front section yesterday and he constantly chirped away at his teammates good or bad, but that’s what makes him. Great watching him close up, especially when he kept telling big Uche to get f£&@@n back into position!!

He also stood in front of a St Mirren player in a 1 man wall and you could see he was trying to put the guy off or wind him up - probably saying ‘no chance you’ll get this ball over me’ or something to that effect.

33 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its scary what he brings to the team in leadership and willing the team on. 

We need a naismith in every department. Whelan seems to bring that same calm to midfield too which is amazing. 

Unbelievable difference with him never have I seen a hearts player that makes such a difference he is totally awesome 

Byyy The Light

Was literally telling people where to stand when they didn’t have the ball.

Also laughed when Smith played the ball in the air down the line and he screamed at him while turning to chase the crap ball that he wanted it to feet.

The guy is miles and miles ahead of this team. So lucky to have him. 

Near the end he had the ball near the Wheatfield/Gorgie stand. He lost it and chased across the pitch to the main stand side and won it back, and set a player up for a shot. Crowd burst into 'There's only one, Steven Naismith...'. Phenomenal player.

To see a Hearts player berate the referee constantly when the decision goes HIS way is a wonderful thing... 😄😋😊

Regardless of the level, there aint many of him about, we should all be grateful he is with us.... 😍

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Noticed Smith and Dikamona having strong words too.

Trying to work out which one was a bigger bombscare?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Definitely a theme yesterday,  if someone made an error they were going to get told,  whilst if they did good they were encouraged 

The Future's Maroon

I hated him at Killie and Rangers, I always called him a moaning faced, diving, greeting wee ****** when he played against us, liked him in a Scotland jersey though and absolutely love him in a maroon one.

3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Naisy is a moany bugger! Was in front section yesterday and he constantly chirped away at his teammates good or bad, but that’s what makes him. Great watching him close up, especially when he kept telling big Uche to get f£&@@n back into position!!

I know every player can’t be cut from the same cloth but every player should have a wee percentage of what Naismith has. 

Naismith is switched on every single second of a game. 

Serge Pizzorno
1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Who gave him his chance in the first team?

8 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Who signed him?

Who took us on our worst run of form in our clubs 145 year history?

Fort Vallance
2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Who gave him his chance in the first team?

Not sure what your point is . I was just saying the guy took a few good corners ?

1 minute ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

And also the best run on goals condeded and start to a season when everyone was available

Serge Pizzorno
Just now, tcjambo said:

And also the best run on goals condeded and start to a season when everyone was available

10 games vs 40?

Also has no correlation at all to the topic....

4 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

10 games vs 40?

Also has no correlation at all to the topic....

Very relevant as Naismith is now back playing so don't give give me that nonsense thanks all the same

Serge Pizzorno
Just now, tcjambo said:

Very relevant as Naismith is now back playing so don't give give me that nonsense thanks all the same

Naismith giving orders and hounding out players on the pitch is relevant to Levein signing him and giving Irving his debut how?

Naismith giving orders and hounding out players on the pitch is relevant to Levein signing him and giving Irving his debut how?

Think about it - it's not that difficult

22 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

He got sacked because he was underachieving over a considerable period of time having spent an absolute fortune on almost 90 players. 

Some were good like Naismith. Most were utter shite. Can we forget about him now please and move on with our lives. 🙏

When Naismith plays we win. When he doesn’t we don’t. 
absolutely incredible footballer and inspirational. So lucky to have him. I’m sure he was involved in every goal yesterday.

24 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He got sacked because he was underachieving over a considerable period of time having spent an absolute fortune on almost 90 players. 

Some were good like Naismith. Most were utter shite. Can we forget about him now please and move on with our lives. 🙏

That's rich coming from you lol

40 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Think about it - it's not that difficult

I think you maybe need to go on a Levein thread. This ones not about him. Either that or move on like the rest of us and look forward

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I think you maybe need to go on a Levein thread. This ones not about him. Either that or move on like the rest of us and look forward

Every thread was about him for the last few months and this one is too as it concerns the influence missing players can have. Suddenly the obsessives want to change the subject when it doesn't suit them.

Just now, tcjambo said:

Every thread was about him for the last few months and this one is too as it concerns the influence missing players can have. Suddenly the obsessives want to change the subject when it doesn't suit them.

eh ? So by that logic we will have you banging on about CL in every thread. Time to move on.

Eveey thread was about him because he was manager and an appalling one at that. He’s no longer manager. My last words on CL so don’t expect a reply

On 10/11/2019 at 21:01, 1971fozzy said:

eh ? So by that logic we will have you banging on about CL in every thread. Time to move on.

Eveey thread was about him because he was manager and an appalling one at that. He’s no longer manager. My last words on CL so don’t expect a reply

I don't want one so I wasn't holding my breath either

On 11/11/2019 at 06:56, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why would he go to Irving Meadow? ::troll::

Seriously, when I saw the headline that's exactly what I thought.  What else was I supposed to think?  Almost scared to open the thread.

Hearts latest drama.  Bad for my heart OP.  I'm 98.

On 10/11/2019 at 19:07, Cruyff Turn said:

Naisy just coaches the lads on the field. Absolute class act.

We should just make him manager. Easily the most important person at the club just now. The difference in our win rate between when he’s playing and when he’s not is astonishing. 

4 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

We should just make him manager. Easily the most important person at the club just now. The difference in our win rate between when he’s playing and when he’s not is astonishing. 

Let's just enjoy getting the best out of him as a player. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

It’s incredible how much of a difference Naismith makes to hearts. Bloody saviour. An absolute role model professional, we’re very lucky to have him. People bang on about how old he is, he’s newly 33 ffs. Yes he’s injury prone but so are all Hearts players at the moment.

52 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

47 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Let's just enjoy getting the best out of him as a player. 

Agree with Bauld. He’s got another 3 or 4 years in him yet! Plenty of time for him to be a manager in the future.