Well done the U12s

Seymour M Hersh

Footballfirst

The 2008s (U12s) are a decent squad. They also beat Hibs 3-1 last weekend.

Their results aIso reflect well on Angus Beith's coaching ability.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Good stuff.  👍

It’ll be the first team doing that soon too, I hope!

Calm down 😅😅

scott herbertson
25 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Nice to hear a positive story about him after his injury woes - I assume he's going through his coaching badges?

Seymour M Hersh
39 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Nice to hear a positive story about him after his injury woes - I assume he's going through his coaching badges?

He is. Doing both the one for youngsters and I think about to start the adult one though may get certain exemptions due to being an ex player.

I've heard mixed things about Hearts girls over the last couple of years, and a few than less complimentary things about Rodger Arnott who I believe runs the Girls Academy.  Unsure if there is any credence to this however.

From a personal point of view my daughter wanted to trial for Hearts as she was disillusioned earlier in the season with the couching structure at her current club.  She is a one of the younger U13s in her team but has represented Edinburgh at the resent SFA progression tournament at the Oriam, were her team won all their games, and today scored a hattrick against Hearts against one of their U13 teams from midfield!  We never even got a reply to the email sent; Hibs however did have the courtesy to reply a stated they would need her current clubs’ permission to trial her.  The coach has now changed at her current club and she is happier, it just annoys me that 'our' club did not have the decency to reply.

Edited by keifrb
grammer

49 minutes ago, keifrb said:

I've heard mixed things about Hearts girls over the last couple of years, and a few than less complimentary things about Rodger Arnott who I believe runs the Girls Academy.  Unsure if there is any credence to this however.

From a personal point of view my daughter wanted to trial for Hearts as she was disillusioned earlier in the season with the couching structure at her current club.  She is a one of the younger U13s in her team but has represented Edinburgh at the resent SFA progression tournament at the Oriam, were her team won all their games, and today scored a hattrick against Hearts against one of their U13 teams from midfield!  We never even got a reply to the email sent; Hibs however did have the courtesy to reply a stated they would need her current clubs’ permission to trial her.  The coach has now changed at her current club and she is happier, it just annoys me that 'our' club did not have the decency to reply.

Is this not about the boys team?

jamboinglasgow
58 minutes ago, keifrb said:

If it was earlier in the season I doubt it would be Roger Arnott who would be dealing with the girls youth sides at that time. As far as I am aware the girls academy only starts in February 2020 and recruitment trials were only announced last month. The womens side is only being brought into the overall club this month.

I imagine if they applied now it will be different

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If it was earlier in the season I doubt it would be Roger Arnott who would be dealing with the girls youth sides at that time. As far as I am aware the girls academy only starts in February 2020 and recruitment trials were only announced last month. The womens side is only being brought into the overall club this month.

Was very frustrating at the time but as the structure has improved at her current club she is more happy.  Never say never, just frustrated by the no response!  Anyway, well done to the boys.  Getting a result against the uglies at youth level is always a hard task, especially coming back from 3 down, excellent.

millerjames398
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Is this the side young leo harris plays in?

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

U13 trials for the girls are at the beginning of December. My daughter and two or three of her teammates are going along. 

It'll be a good experience for her even if nothing becomes of it. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Leo is one of the 2009 (U11) age group.

Apparently the 2010s have a number of excellent prospects in their group.

15 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The goalie came from Spartans, good lad he is.

58 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The 2020s have all got great vision!

Juvenile football ? 😩

Parents living the dream for their young prospects only for their dreams to be shattered at the drop of a hat. 

Seen far too many kids sign up for pro youth, the club then throws an obscene amount of money to try and nurture the kid but eventually it's goodbye and good luck. Next ! 

However things might change now that Craig Levein is ready to leave the club in the near future so there might be a chance some of these kids could be knocking on the door.

However well done to the youngsters for a fantastic come back against one of the top pro youth clubs in Britain. The kids must have been ecstatic at that result. 

Hopefully none of them go on a wee holiday to Celtic’s academy where the demons insert a sell a clause before sending them back.

9 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Juvenile football ? 😩

Parents living the dream for their young prospects only for their dreams to be shattered at the drop of a hat. 

Seen far too many kids sign up for pro youth, the club then throws an obscene amount of money to try and nurture the kid but eventually it's goodbye and good luck. Next ! 

However things might change now that Craig Levein is ready to leave the club in the near future so there might be a chance some of these kids could be knocking on the door.

However well done to the youngsters for a fantastic come back against one of the top pro youth clubs in Britain. The kids must have been ecstatic at that result. 

Things are changing purely because of CL being at the club

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The 2010s beat St Mirren 13-4 at the weekend.

38 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Juvenile football ? 😩

They are either good enough or they aren't. 

At least they are being given the opportunity. 

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

They are either good enough or they aren't. 

At least they are being given the opportunity. 

If only it was as easy as that, seen many a young kid with an abundance of talent thrive onwards and upwards only to be dropped like the preverbial hat and shown the door. Both Hearts and Hibs feed off each other when they are releasing kids with shattered dreams. 

My only advice would be to tell the parents to STOP living the dream and allow your child to enjoy life away from the pressures of  Pro Youth and continue to play for their local clubs, then if they are deemed good enough at 14/15 then get them in. 

Footballfirst

I don't know how today's U12 game finished but they were 3-0 up on Rangers after an hour, with the Rangers keeper also making a series of good saves to keep them in it..

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know how today's U12 game finished but they were 3-0 up on Rangers after an hour, with the Rangers keeper also making a series of good saves to keep them in it..

Great results.  Wish the were the 1st team.

On 11/11/2019 at 09:22, XB52 said:

Things are changing purely because of CL being at the club

Idiotic post!   CL set up the Academy and with him leaving etc., what a senseless load of croc.

10 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Idiotic post!   CL set up the Academy and with him leaving etc., what a senseless load of croc.

Took you a week to come up with that and I'm not sure it makes any sense. I agree CL set up the academy as it is now but not sure what the rest means??

Maybe to clarify what I meant with my original post, I meant CL totally revamped the academy which wouldn't have happened so well if he hadn't been here

5 hours ago, XB52 said:

Took you a week to come up with that and I'm not sure it makes any sense. I agree CL set up the academy as it is now but not sure what the rest means??

Maybe to clarify what I meant with my original post, I meant CL totally revamped the academy which wouldn't have happened so well if he hadn't been here

Took me seconds or is the concept of someone having other things to do in the meantime alien to you? 

However, we seem to be at cross purposes, as I agree with your last para.

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Took me seconds or is the concept of someone having other things to do in the meantime alien to you? 

However, we seem to be at cross purposes, as I agree with your last para.

no problem

8 hours ago, XB52 said:

Don’t worry about it he usually comes out with a pile of shit that makes no sense.

best ignored.