Walker's return

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

In all the deserved fuss over Naismith, Walker deserves plenty of praise for his impact too. Well done to him for getting back among the goals today, another big player for us.

He was starting to look very good just before he broke his foot. Hopefully with a few games he can get there again. Good game today. 

3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

He isn't the hardest worker but there is no doubting his quality. Decent contribution today.

I don’t agree that he doesn’t work hard he does 

top player for us and knows how to score 

Just now, NB GIN said:

It's perhaps the fact that he doesn't cover a lot of ground and doesn't seem to work to get himself into positions to support others (like Naismith) that makes me think that. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Thought he was okay today, took his goal well. Hopefully he can build on that and get back to his best.

tartofmidlothian

He's no Naismith, but he's a streetwise player with a strong attacking threat. Much more mature as a player than last time, he'll be very important when he's up to speed.

I thought he was a little quiet but he got stuck in, and was a great header for his goal. Got the best of him yet to come and right at time we need it.

He was playing a funny position today, almost centre mid. Hopefully the run out and 2 weeks more training and he'll be back up to speed. Took his goal really well.

Naisy and Walker were always going to make an enormous difference. Their goals and assists stats for Hearts speak for themselves. 

been here before
19 minutes ago, Balders said:

He was playing a funny position today, almost centre mid. Hopefully the run out and 2 weeks more training and he'll be back up to speed. Took his goal really well.

Both him and Irving seemed on top of each other at times. Was difficult at times to tell what one was playing where.

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

In all the deserved fuss over Naismith, Walker deserves plenty of praise for his impact too. Well done to him for getting back among the goals today, another big player for us.

Spot on

There was one incident today down beside me in G, first half. Balls played back to their keeper, Naismiths chasing it down whilst screaming at Walker to cover the right back. Sure enough, the keeper slide the ball to their right back and Walkers on him like a flash. RB tries to punt the ball up the line and it ricochets off Walker, out for a throw in. 

That one one piece of determination pleased me as much as his goal today. I was one of his harshest critics when he spat the dummy out before leaving, but credit where credits due. Walker is giving his all out there for Hearts and will only get better. 

49 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

There was one incident today down beside me in G, first half. Balls played back to their keeper, Naismiths chasing it down whilst screaming at Walker to cover the right back. Sure enough, the keeper slide the ball to their right back and Walkers on him like a flash. RB tries to punt the ball up the line and it ricochets off Walker, out for a throw in. 

That one one piece of determination pleased me as much as his goal today. I was one of his harshest critics when he spat the dummy out before leaving, but credit where credits due. Walker is giving his all out there for Hearts and will only get better. 

I noticed that one to, thought he did well today.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

He isn't the hardest worker but there is no doubting his quality. Decent contribution today.

Honestly I couldn’t disagree more. 
Jamie works hard. Has genuine goal threat too. Delighted he’s back playing so soon and scoring too. One of our big players. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Until his goal I didn’t think he was involved much. Delighted he’s back though and I’m sure he’ll go from strength to strength.

Agree.  Always think it’s take Jamie 2,3 games to really see an influence from him.

Took his goal really well though. 

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  Always think it’s take Jamie 2,3 games to really see an influence from him.

Took his goal really well though. 

He did. Been really happy with him up to his injury. Going to be a key player now he’s back.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Until his goal I didn’t think he was involved much. Delighted he’s back though and I’m sure he’ll go from strength to strength.

You're right but we havent had anotger midfielder doing what he did for that goal for a long time. Even if he plays somewhat on the fringes, if he does big things in big moments it'll be ok by me!

That said, if he starts taking games by the scruff of the neck, all the better. He's capable.

I think his experience down south taught him a lesson that maybe the grass isn’t always greener. His attitude is a night and day to that of the player who left under a cloud after his agent tried to engineer a move away. He’s got a long way to go to reach the levels he was hitting post 2017, but I for one am more than happy to say welcome back Jamie (now don’t you dare leave us like that again :lol:)

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You're right but we havent had anotger midfielder doing what he did for that goal for a long time. Even if he plays somewhat on the fringes, if he does big things in big moments it'll be ok by me!

That said, if he starts taking games by the scruff of the neck, all the better. He's capable.

Agree.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

I slated him for not working hard but since he came back to us his workrate is faultless. Charged down a few things today too.

16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I slated him for not working hard but since he came back to us his workrate is faultless. Charged down a few things today too.

I do think he feels he has something to prove due to the circumstances of his departure, like he's trying to prove to the fans that he is fully committed to Hearts.

19 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I do think he feels he has something to prove due to the circumstances of his departure, like he's trying to prove to the fans that he is fully committed to Hearts.

Long may it continue then Rob, cos we’ve got a better player as a result. Hope he forever feels the need to prove his commitment, in fact it should be a mantra for every single man who’s lucky enough to pull on a maroon jersey out there 👍🏼

Wasn't his biggest fan just prior to him leaving, but was happy to see him get his foot into challenges and chase down opponents today. Small things like that make a massive difference to me. Hope he gets back to full fitness and form and keeps on progressing. 

A Hearts fan playing for Hearts. He's living the dream, and hopefully his trip down south has reignited/reminded him of that. 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Agree mate. Thought he was on the fringes of the game today but what a goal. Big fan of Jamie and hope he can get a injury free run in the side 

The importance of match fitness/sharpness can and should never be underestimated, we will be lucky to see the best of JM or SN this year.......but when it comes 😬😬

Anonymous until his goal. Can't help but wonder what people would have said if it was Clare who put in that shift...

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Anonymous until his goal. Can't help but wonder what people would have said if it was Clare who put in that shift...

Your first word in the post sums up Clare.

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Your first word in the post sums up Clare.

I like him. When we get a proper manager in he will flourish.

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Funny. I noticed that also. I remember thinking that Naismith was due credit there as much as Walker. Simple things yet only Naismith seems to know where players should be. 

Edited by damo

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I think he isnt a guaranteed pick so knows to play he has to work harder. Certainly a much more mature man nowadays.

1 minute ago, jambostew said:

Offered nothing today would say he was our poorest player on the park. 

Nothing apart from a goal......

2 minutes ago, jambostew said:

Agreed. Other than his goal he produced next to nothing.

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nothing apart from a goal......

Yeah that's great, apart from we were playing the worst team in the league. He was a passenger and tbh I forgot he was playing with how little he was involved. 

He worked hard without showing much creativity which is the opposite of what we used to expect from him.

Great to see him chipping in with another goal and his goal threat makes an important part of the team/squad especially as we can't rely on Uche to score many.

Guest ToqueJambo

Looks like he's very happy to be here and is determined to prove people wrong in terms of his work rate and commitment. Three gaols already shows he's still got that in his locker. Could turn out to be our best signing of the summer - still just 26. Good Academy product (that's just for the BBC lads).

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, damo said:

Funny. I noticed that also. I remember thinking that Naismith was due credit there as much as Walker. Simple things yet only Naismith seems to know where players should be. 

Naismith also put a rocket up Bozanic's arse quite early on and got a response.

22 minutes ago, jambostew said:

Yeah that's great, apart from we were playing the worst team in the league. He was a passenger and tbh I forgot he was playing with how little he was involved. 

Were you still at the pie stall when he scored his goal? 😉

46 minutes ago, jambostew said:

Apart from his goal, his tackles broke down a number of attacks.

Certainly not his best game in a Hearts jersey, but a very good performance returning to the side after a leg break.

A player who had his head turned, has come home and, to me seems to have a point to prove. I’d rather have him than not