Google "black car"

Drew Busby !

Drew Busby !

Spotted Monday morning in my neighbourhood, last seen heading along Montgomery Street. A black car with the "Google" logo on the door panels and with what appeared to be some kind of hi-tech/tripod on the roof (and some kind of camera or fancy electronics at the top of it).

Anyone seen it ? Speculating it's something like a street level "google earth" kind of thing they're conducting. But in Montgomery Street ? Nah.....:confused:

Anyone else seen it or got any inside track on google activities in Embra toon ?

Drew Busby !

Well well well...

Cheers folks, seems like thats exactly what it's about....impossible to tell of course if they were actually "recording" Montgomery Street or if they were just on their way to somewhere else in town.

I P Knightley

Was is a Smart car?

I've seen a few of them (or maybe the same one a few times) round London with a pole sticking out the roof with a camera mounted on the top.

If they're recording images for putting up on Google earth, I'll try to see how many of the images I can get my big, sweaty ass into. That should make it really popular...

I just read the title and googled black car :confused:

I seen it in dalkeith road the other day..

I just read the title and googled black car :confused:

I seen it in dalkeith road the other day..

I did that when I first saw the post. Didn't want to admit it though, at least I wasn't the only one.

nuts. any 3D modeling uni students out there fancy making a 3d model of tynie and submiting it to google maps?1

Googles the best thing since the signing of Bruno to tynie

I saw one coming out of Broomhall Road last Monday night, I presumed they must be updating Google Earth.

Archived