Union Berlin (NHC)

Doc Rob

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50225455

We’re rightly proud of what we all did to save our club when we went into admin. This is next-level stuff though - the Union fans sold their blood and donated the fees to the club, and 2,500 of them actually rebuilt their own stadium!

How much would i get for a pint?

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How much would i get for a pint?

20 euros per bag.

That was 4 years ago though!

Great club, great fans and a great stadium. Been lucky enough to go there for a match. A fantastic experience.

No music after goals, no half time bull. Proper football with terracing.

• 3 years later...
On 01/11/2019 at 11:31, Doc Rob said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50225455

We’re rightly proud of what we all did to save our club when we went into admin. This is next-level stuff though - the Union fans sold their blood and donated the fees to the club, and 2,500 of them actually rebuilt their own stadium!

Quite remarkable, that Union are now in the Champions League, playing Real Madrid at the Bernabeu on Wednesday. A very well run club, with brilliant fans.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

Quite remarkable, that Union are now in the Champions League, playing Real Madrid at the Bernabeu on Wednesday. A very well run club, with brilliant fans.

This.

In contrast the fall of Schalke 04 is unbelievable. 

Struggling in the Bundesliga 2.

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Forced to play home CL games at the Olympic Stadium, fans aren't happy

More power to UB.

Just read the BBC article about Union Berlin. Sound like a great club with great fans and lots to admire. Would love to see Hearts do more to harness the power of our fan base and use it to promote ourselves. Be the antidote to manufactured wealthy clubs/leagues.

4 hours ago, zeke1874 said:

Just read the BBC article about Union Berlin. Sound like a great club with great fans and lots to admire. Would love to see Hearts do more to harness the power of our fan base and use it to promote ourselves. Be the antidote to manufactured wealthy clubs/leagues.

Yeah, just read it too. A good read.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66769248

This:

"I am worried about the Champions League. It has changed our club. It is a big-money league with teams who in our opinion do not belong there - Manchester City, Newcastle, PSG, the marketing club from Leipzig.

"That is not our league, that's why I have mixed feelings. The Olympic stadium is not home."

4 hours ago, zeke1874 said:

Brilliant read. It’s a shame they won’t be playing their CL games at the Försterei, it’s a proper ground and like Tynecastle to us is the pride of their fanbase with an emotional connection modern stadiums can’t manufacture 

periodictabledancer
8 hours ago, zeke1874 said:

Interesting to read the fans elect the CE and the board. 

Went to union v St Pauli the year before they came up.  Won 4-1 great stadium and fans and an amazing experience.  Even bought the strip. Was at hertha v nuremburg the day before which was also good.  Both have amazing fans but union are the German team I follow

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, savage said:

Went to union v St Pauli the year before they came up.  Won 4-1 great stadium and fans and an amazing experience.  Even bought the strip. Was at hertha v nuremburg the day before which was also good.  Both have amazing fans but union are the German team I follow

Sadly I always look for the Munich 1860 result.

I've been to their stadium as well in a fairly drab 0-0 and the atmosphere was still electric. 

Walking through the forest to find this fairly ramshackle looking construction on a hill made of concrete and corrugated iron is brilliant.

100% recommend for anybody looking for a good football experience.

Bonus points for the logo which looks like a 1970s thowback.

The Wrinkly Ninja

There a pretty good book - Scheisse we are going up! That starts to get to the difficulty of maintaining the traditions of the club and balancing that with the success that has come from being so well run based on those traditions.

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 hours ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

I've been to their stadium as well in a fairly drab 0-0 and the atmosphere was still electric. 

Walking through the forest to find this fairly ramshackle looking construction on a hill made of concrete and corrugated iron is brilliant.

The corner flags are my favourite….

image.png.cab64c914f250d2aec71ffbb79e4c907.png

6 hours ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

Sounds great. One to do.

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1409e4945ab5937