Warm Up

Walter Kidd

Something I have noticed lately is that during the warm up the subs are not included in the warm up and are left to kick the ball back and forward to each other.  Now, I'm no UEFA accredited coach but do have some coaching badges from my time coaching a boys club.  Surely all the players should receive the same warm up so that all muscle groups are sufficiently worked in order that you can take to the field of play without the chance of injury?  You then keep yourself ticking over as the match progresses.

It looks amateur to me but I am sure some who are more qualified than I am tell me that is the right thing to do.

8 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Something I have noticed lately is that during the warm up the subs are not included in the warm up and are left to kick the ball back and forward to each other.  Now, I'm no UEFA accredited coach but do have some coaching badges from my time coaching a boys club.  Surely all the players should receive the same warm up so that all muscle groups are sufficiently worked in order that you can take to the field of play without the chance of injury?  You then keep yourself ticking over as the match progresses.

It looks amateur to me but I am sure some who are more qualified than I am tell me that is the right thing to do.

Warm up has split the playing side and the subs for as long as I remember. Every team does this. 

You saying the subs did nothing? Not together at start for stretches?

Subs will be warming up for 65 mins of a game extra to the starting players. There's no need for them to be doing high intensity warm up when they will then go sit back on a bench. That's why they are separate.

Notice we had a coach out with the subs at half time yesterday, that's a lot better than leaving them to their own devices. 

Edited by Jodami

5 minutes ago, ericb said:

I also noticed The Rangers subs never came out at half time at all.....

Jermaine probably couldn't find his zimmer...

1 hour ago, Walter Kidd said:

Agreed 

Just before some shooting practise. At the Gorgie/wheatfield corner, about 15 mins before kick off, uche was quite unhappy and having a go at John Daly about something, Sean Clare managed to calm him down but did anyone see what caused it? 

1 minute ago, communist said:

Just before some shooting practise. At the Gorgie/wheatfield corner, about 15 mins before kick off, uche was quite unhappy and having a go at John Daly about something, Sean Clare managed to calm him down but did anyone see what caused it? 

He had a big argument with Michael Smith. 

55 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Jermaine probably couldn't find his zimmer...

Jermaine with a Zimmer would be better than most players in the league. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Notice we had a coach out with the subs at half time yesterday, that's a lot better than leaving them to their own devices. 

Dikamona did a full warmup at HT, i thought he was coming on.

I wonder if they wanted him ready so they could assess Hickeys confidence as he looked shot at that point. Obviously the kid took his rollicking and buckled down which is fantastic.

31 minutes ago, Crete said:

Jermaine with a Zimmer would be better than most players in the league. 

Had they played Defoe they would likely have won the match. Berra would have struggled with his movement whereas Morelos played into his hands.

2 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

Now, I'm no UEFA accredited coach but do have some coaching badges from my time coaching a boys club.

Every boys club coach i know thinks they're Pep after a half day session, a PVG and a first aid cert!!!!!!!!!!

Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

If you have coaching badges, i assume you will have done SYFA sports injuries and well being courses? So you really should know the reasons for this.

Subs should never do as intenses a warm up as the starting team.  The initial warm up is done at a higher level for those starting the game, the subs are encouraged to stretch and move and will probably join in with some shooting. 

Subs doing the full warm up and then sitting in the dug out would create problems for muscles as they would stiffen up, that is why they warm up at intervals behind the goals during the match. 

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Have our subs got a history of being injured after coming on?

Washington did his hamstring shortly after coming on a few weeks ago. Other than that I can’t think of any.

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Washington did his hamstring shortly after coming on a few weeks ago. Other than that I can’t think of any.

He did but it's hardly a pattern. (I know you're not suggesting that it is)

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I wonder if they wanted him ready so they could assess Hickeys confidence as he looked shot at that point. Obviously the kid took his rollicking and buckled down which is fantastic.

I noticed this too, was almost certain he was coming on at the start of the 2nd half had him running about like a dafty at half time.

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Uche or John Daly? 

Uche. Was told about it as I got to my seat and saw the fallout.

I was saying Craig had got Smith to get him wound up for the game. 

48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Uche. Was told about it as I got to my seat and saw the fallout.

I was saying Craig had got Smith to get him wound up for the game. 

The last thing we need is a fallout between senior players in the dressing room. I noticed as the players were coming off at halftime Whelan & Uche were having words with each other. Hopefully it just shows they are able to have a go at each other as they care about winning more than themselves. 👍

11 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

The last thing we need is a fallout between senior players in the dressing room. I noticed as the players were coming off at halftime Whelan & Uche were having words with each other. Hopefully it just shows they are able to have a go at each other as they care about winning more than themselves. 👍

Its just exactly what we do want. Players pushing each other. Not scared to call each other out.

Better than them letting shit slide, I'm alright Jack, type vibe.

Footballs like cheffing, you fight and sweat, swear, win and lose together. End of shift, all pals, on to next shift. End result all that matters.

37 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

The fall out between Smith and Uche was on the pitch during the warm up.

Uche isn't a "senior player". 

Edited by Mikey1874

11 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Definitely something untoward about the post match recovery process...

1618351D-EBDE-46AC-ACF5-90365D380D64.jpeg

Jeez, hope he's atleast using toylube

Theme From Sparta F.C.
8 hours ago, ericb said:

I also noticed The Rangers subs never came out at half time at all.....

They did come out for a warm up. But it was late into the interval. And it lasted all of 2 mins before Hearts come back out and their warm up was over.

A bit of a waste of time really....

Captain Sausage
57 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Why is Stevie McLean fisting Uche?

Why is Uche letting him?

4 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Why is Uche letting him?

Team bonding. Can’t claim the players don’t get on. 

And who is that in the space boot? 👀

4 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

It's exactly what we need, players with a winning mentality who have the highest standards

10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Every boys club coach i know thinks they're Pep after a half day session, a PVG and a first aid cert!!!!!!!!!!

This.  It's embaressing and akin to folk saying they are a doctor because they've attended at first aid course 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

Not sure. 

Surely the first 11 get warmed up as they are getting ready to play imminently. 

The subs warm up before they come on in general and just stay loose in case of an emergency? 

Not sure getting warmed up to the extent of being ready to play then sitting down is the best. 

Different levels of warm up I'd have thought. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Why is Uche letting him?

Don't knock it until you've tried it. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, gjcc said:

Cannae have Karen doing that Ffs. 

12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Assume he was getting ready because White was being sick at half time. Not sure why they changed plan and went with Brandon given White didn't last long in the second half.

millerjames398
7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Jeez, hope he's atleast using toylube

By the look on the physios face, he's pulling on more than uches hamstring 😂

39 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

By the look on the physios face, he's pulling on more than uches hamstring 😂

“Is that, is that Katic? Uche we’ve talked about this before. It’s ‘back pocket’ not ‘back passage’. Come on Nikola out ye come”