4 sent off

smiler

1 minute ago, maroondevo52 said:

Superb challenge by Paul Ritchie on Laudrup after Bruno's sending off @ 3.39.

It was. There's was a few good saves in the game as well from Goram, and Roussett.

Diadora Van Basten

I remember going into a pub and they had teletext on. I saw all the names beside Hearts and got excited then I wondered why they were in red rather than white.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Rangers were actually embarrassed that day. 

There is obvious and just too obvious 

Was about to say the same. They were telling the ref to pack in the red cards and fair play to them they just knocked it about after the 3rd dismissal, it could’ve been double figures!

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Who cares now, they were caught cheating and liquidated. 😊

Just a shame theres not a banging new set of flats in Govan now :( 

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Who cares now, they were caught cheating and liquidated. 😊

I do mate.

That along with the Miko linesman game sickened me .

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Boab said:

The very same, Gov. The pool table was an impromptu dance floor !

Long gone now. 

Happy days indeed, Boab.  :)👍 

8 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Pointon sent off for kicking a post ??

Pointon sent off for turning the air blue. To the best of my knowledge, what he said to the clown of a linesman has never been repeated... because it was too plain shocking to be repeated. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
21 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Pointon sent off for turning the air blue. To the best of my knowledge, what he said to the clown of a linesman has never been repeated... because it was too plain shocking to be repeated. 

No. Plentyof  players swear, only Huns and Tims get away with it. Disa was sent off kicking a post.

Similarly, Numan got to stay on after (more or less) ending Gary Wales' career (different game I know) . Thugs like him, Aitken, McStay, Brown, McGrain, McGregor, Roberts, Hurley, etc are exempt.

**** all wrong with swearing.

The weegies are above the law.

6 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

No. Plentyof  players swear, only Huns and Tims get away with it. Disa was sent off kicking a post.

Similarly, Numan got to stay on after (more or less) ending Gary Wales' career (different game I know) . Thugs like him, Aitken, McStay, Brown, McGrain, McGregor, Roberts, Hurley, etc are exempt.

**** all wrong with swearing.

The weegies are above the law.

Agree with all your other examples (excellent point on Numan too). My point is that what Dissa said was very, very, VERY out of the ordinary. 

Bruno's sending off? A bit harsh, but it had been on the cards throughout. Weir's sending off? A bloody disgrace. Pointon's sending off? Justifiable because of the nature of what he said. Ritchie's sending off? No-one's ever been any the wiser on that one... though Richard Gough's reaction told its own story. 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is one of the few things that I actually give Chris Robinson credit for.

Standing up for us like a fan. 

Except he got it wrong - which is why JJ refused to take the team off.

We’d have got absolutely slaughtered by the GFA if we’d walked off the pitch part way through a game.

Robinson thought the game should have been stopped, he was wrong, we would’ve had to get another player sent off (actually a real possibility that day) before the Ref should abandon the match.

10 hours ago, smiler said:

Was that your local Boab? 😉

A tad rough for my tastes, mate. Great location for the ground...em....that’s it.

Maroon Sailor
10 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Was about to say the same. They were telling the ref to pack in the red cards and fair play to them they just knocked it about after the 3rd dismissal, it could’ve been double figures!

Not giving them any credit. If they started tanning in the goals Hearts would have deliberately got another player sent off to abandon the match.

18 hours ago, Eno said:

Was there too.

Remember Hearts fans doing the conga when the game became a farce.

Me, my mate and another two guys started the conga and pretty much all the hearts fans joined in.  It was all good humoured until the stewards and police came in to stop it.  They were as biased as the ref and linesmen! 
:seething:

Stephane Grappelli
22 hours ago, smiler said:

Was at this game, we had a good team then, turned into a total farce but at least we had a bit of spunk about us in those days. 

I was at that game too.  Guy on our bus had it sussed though, us getting 4 players sent off against Rangers was a big conspiracy to help Celtic as we played them a few days later in the League Cup...

21 hours ago, smiler said:

Stadium Bar I think but may be wrong.

Was there not a pub called the Mucky Duck near the ground, which may not be the one in the photo

On 18/10/2019 at 13:29, JamboAl said:

And the ref was Gerry Evans  from Bishopbriggs, Glasgow.

Glasgow team, Glasgow ground, Glasgow ref.

Nothing changes

If ever there was a game that showed up the in built bias then this was it.