Where Are They Now?

Romulus

Probably been done plenty times but in light of all the on field problems, something a little more light hearted.

So players that have previously played for the club in recent times, where are they now?

I'll start.

Tasos Avlonitis from Cathro's tenure is now a regular starter for Sturm Graz in Austria. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Pasquale Bruno biting pitbulls somewhere in Italy. 

His wiki says he’s a commentator now. Wonder if that’s still the case.

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

Neil Alexander rolling back the years in the Rangers v Liverpool legends game at the weekend. Why did we let him go?

Because he cost us the cup game against Hibs, not Neilson 😎

Edited by tokyowalnut

3 hours ago, Mort said:

His wiki says he’s a commentator now. Wonder if that’s still the case.

Commentator is actually Latin for Pit bull biter.

4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Pasquale Bruno biting pitbulls somewhere in Italy. 

Did I read some where he is attending an event at Tynecastle soon

He did have something to do with flowers I believe maybe something to do with his new partner, will find out, hardly call him a pansy mind, a butter.

17 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

He did have something to do with flowers I believe maybe something to do with his new partner, will find out, hardly call him a pansy mind, a butter.

Think that’s right, it was the in-laws business in Broughty Ferry / Monifeith area. 

Talking of Broughty Ferry / Monifeith area, George Fleming has had a Guest House / Hotel up that way for many years.

6 hours ago, TheStig said:

Neil Alexander rolling back the years in the Rangers v Liverpool legends game at the weekend. Why did we let him go?

Because Matt Gilks was all but singed

🙄

2 hours ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

got our fingers burnt?

Yeah, the deal wasn't formalised and Rangers swooped in. Leaving us to try and claim Jack Hamilton was ready.

47 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Mirsad Beslija - running about somewhere really, really fast

Went on to win 4 trophies with Željezničar Sarajevo

17 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Stephane Adam.

Coach at Orlando Pirates

The coolest entrance to the Gorgie Suite you’ll ever see.

Dapper as you like, smoking a fag. 

Politely told you can’t smoke, shrug of the shoulders, back out to put it out and sauntered back in.

To a round of applause from our table !

😎

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Went on to win 4 trophies with Željezničar Sarajevo

It’s so frustrating that we had obviously talented players but never saw some of their potential til they left...Pinilla one still haunts me

Saw a few days ago that Ricardo Fuller had tweeted asking if any non-league teams needed a striker. Apparently got so many responses he had to take it down! 

Kenny anderson playing 3rd tier Dutch football for ASWH. 

Choulay playing in about the 9th tier of Spanish football. 

Soufian El Hass played about 3 games for IR Tanger since leaving us then hasn't played professionally since apparently. 

Doctor FinnBarr
On 17/10/2019 at 21:32, BelgeJambo said:

Did I read some where he is attending an event at Tynecastle soon

I'm shocked, I mean really shocked about the reading claim!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
18 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Saw a few days ago that Ricardo Fuller had tweeted asking if any non-league teams needed a striker. Apparently got so many responses he had to take it down! 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-tony-pulis-ricardo-fuller-2588163

Tony Pulis can laugh about it now but it is 11 years on.

The former Stoke City manager last night recalled an episode in the build-up to a crucial match away at Wolves in February 2008 involving a certain Jamaica talisman.

Now Middlesbrough boss, Pulis was working for Radio 5Live as a pundit, talking about player management in the wake of Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga refusing to be substituted by Maurizio Sarri in the League Cup final on Sunday.

He had already given his take – “I’d have got him off, no matter how long it took, once I made that decision. I can understand their explanations but at that time, in that place, at that moment, if I had made a decision, he would have come off.” – when he was asked by Kelly Cates about ‘the Ricardo Fuller story’.

“Which one do you want?!” he chuckled.

And then he was away.

Tony Pulis's Ricardo Fuller story (of many)

“It was during the promotion year so going back a long time now.

“It was during the international break and we were playing Wolves two weeks later and Ric had been called up for Jamaica again. Jon (Walters, in the studio with Cates) will tell you, he used to get called up and Jamaica didn’t have any games on the international sheets.

We used to just think Ric was having a week in Jamaica and that was it. Put four cokes down, have a game on the beach, have a couple of beers and come back a week later.

“So I go to see him and say, ‘Go Ric but make sure you’re back on the Monday, the Wolves game is a massive match for us.’ He says, ‘Gaff, don’t worry about me, I’ll be in Monday.’

“But Monday comes, no Ricardo. Tuesday comes, no Ricardo.

“I go to see Dave the physio and say, ‘Dave, get onto him and tell him I’m seething.’

“Wednesday comes, still no Ricardo, Thursday comes, still no Ricardo.

“By this time I’d just about had it. Friday, still not there. Saturday, we’re having pre-match at the Britannia Stadium and we’re going to leave about 12.45pm to get to Molineux for what is a massive game. I think Wolves were third, we were second.

“He turns up Saturday, about 12pm for pre-match. Walks in the room as though nothing has happened. ‘Morning, gaff! Morning lads!’

“None of the lads are speaking to him, they won’t have anything to do with him.

“Anyway, the players all eat and get on the bus, Ric is left by himself so I go over and say, ‘Ric, where have you been?’

“He says, ‘You won’t believe it. I’ve flown in and out of Miami three times, they just wouldn’t let me go through customs so I’ve had to go back and go back.’ Yeah, of course.

“We get on the bus and I sit with David Kemp my assistant and say, ‘Kempy, he’s not even going as sub.’ Kempy says, ‘Listen, Tone, forget all of that, get him on the bench. It’s such an important game and the fella can win the game.’

“Just before kick-off I pull Ric across and say, ‘How long can you give us, Ric?’ He says, ‘Twenty minutes!’ I’m seething. Twenty minutes in the biggest game of the season.

“The game gets going and Rory scores, 1-0, Wolves score two, they’re 2-1 up, then we get another one to go two-each and Mick McCarthy is manager of Wolves and they’re pummelling us. So Kempy goes to me, ‘Get him ready.’ I tell Ric to go and have a warm up.

“He walks down the side of the pitch, he can hardly run. He has a stretch and he’s talking to the Wolverhampton supporters down the other end of the pitch. I’m looking at him and I’m absolutely seething.

“We put him on for the final 20 minutes and he gets the goal which wins us the game. An unbelievable goal.

“We come in after the game and I’m sweating. I take my cap off and I can’t say a word, I’m absolutely washed out. He walks over to me, sits next to me, puts his arm around me and says, ‘Gaff, no wonder you’ve got no hair! You worry too much. I could have strangled him.

“Jon Walters will tell you what Ricardo Fuller was like. He was a special individual and certainly a special player. You talk about handling players and he was different to the rest of the group.

“The rest of the group were fantastic professionals, everybody was together and Ric was a bit different. He wanted to do what Ric wanted to do at times and you’d let him get away with little things as long as it wasn’t too much because you knew he could do something special.

“He would pick the ball up and beat a player, score a goal out of nothing. He goes down as one of the great players who ever played for Stoke City Football Club."

• 2 weeks later...