Positives....

Martin_T

I know there are a hell of a lot of negatives surrounding the club at the moment, but there are still some positives about the club at this time:

• The club has thus far rejected all bids for our top players.

• The candidates interviewed for the managers job are all of good pedigree. McGhee, Weiss and Roeber would be unlikely to consider even an interview at most non-Old Firm clubs'.

• Our squad remains of reasonable quality - I don't subscribe to the theory that we have a squad full of poor players. I think we have some excellent young players in Berra, Jonsson, Driver and Glen. Others in Wallace and Thompson who with good coaching could get their careers back on track and numerous other players including Kingston, Nade and Pinilla who with the right discipline structure at the club could excel.

I know these may seem like small consolation at the current time and I sure as hell am not a Romanov apologist, but the fact remains at the current time that we are one decent managerial appointment from things being on a positive curve again.

Guest jambomickey
I know there are a hell of a lot of negatives surrounding the club at the moment, but there are still some positives about the club at this time:

• The candidates interviewed for the managers job are all of good pedigree. McGhee, Weiss and Roeber would be unlikely to consider even an interview at most non-Old Firm clubs'.

• Our squad remains of reasonable quality - I don't subscribe to the theory that we have a squad full of poor players. I think we have some excellent young players in Berra, Jonsson, Driver and Glen. Others in Wallace and Thompson who with good coaching could get their careers back on track and numerous other players including Kingston, Nade and Pinilla who with the right discipline structure at the club could excel.

I know these may seem like small consolation at the current time and I sure as hell am not a Romanov apologist, but the fact remains at the current time that we are one decent managerial appointment from things being on a positive curve again.

how can we get a decent managerial appointment when we got a paranoid control freak sitting in lithuania trying to tell him how to do his job?

It's certainly nice to read something positive for a change! Yes, we do have some decent players and a good coach COULD get things going again, we still need about 7 new players though, a Goalie, Left-back, right-back, a dominant Centre-half, an attacking midfielder and a couple of strikers. Just wish we were getting something positive from the club!!

Gigolo-Aunt

The good youngsters part falls down in they dont get the proper coaching up at Riccarton and also are not used in the first team correctly.

I have my doubts over the two TBH.

Pants Shaton

We are not supported by:

A. The Proclaimers

B. A celebrity sex pest

C. Scotland's worst living author

We continue to have the world's best* derby record.

2 Scottish cup wins remain fresh in the memory...

...as does the memory of 35,000 Hearts fans watching European matches.

*for the purposes of this argument.

[*]The candidates interviewed for the managers job are all of good pedigree. McGhee, Weiss and Roeber would be unlikely to consider even an interview at most non-Old Firm clubs'.

Ya dancer, look at how good the managers are that have KB'ed us!!!!

I get knocked backed from tiday birds but I would use that in a boastful manner.

The reason we aint sold any players is because nobody can get in touch wi Vlad

The managers quoted were quality but hey they turned us down,wonder why?

The palyers that are at the club are good but hey nowhere near as good as Gordon,Pressley,Webster,Hartley,Fyssas,Brellier,Skacel,Bednar etc etc

Sorry a ridiculous op, we have an awful squad that finished 8th bin 90% of them and start again, make sure all the lithuanians are first binned they are third rate, we are way off the days of hartley pressley webster gordon skacel bednar etc etc get rid of the very very very very very very poor performers there are no psoitives at Hearts right now none

walton1983

Can I have some of what you have had.:)

A team that finished 8th last year; the manager's job knocked back by the Motherwell manager, a guy best known for one game against Celtic and an unemployed German; and the only reason we're not selling yet is that the fax at Tynie has been turned off.

Plus you're pinning some of your hopes on Pinilla and Nade? :eek:

Positive is fine, but that's fantasy island you're on.

Pants Shaton

Plus you're pinning some of your hopes on Pinilla and Nade? :eek:

Strike Pinilla off that list - he's gone.

hmfc_steve

There are NO postives..... we are a complete shambolic joke as a club, and as fans for letting it get this far.... we can't say we weren't warned from other fans, media etc ...... NOW is the time for the rebellion.

There should be NO compromise with that idiot Romanov now, get him to ****

Strike Pinilla off that list - he's gone.

Delighted to see the back of that thieving imposter, but gobsmacked that we bought out his Milan contract and then paid him all summer before pumping him three weeks before the season kicks off.

There are NO postives.....

Sorry, but that is incorrect. As much as people may want to believe, the world is not black & white.

Just as there were still negatives when the club was flying high, there are still positives when the club is in the doldrums.

I'd cite away shirt sales as another minor positive.

The positives are of course massively outweighed by the shambles that our club has become, that is accepted by everyone, but some small chinks of light do exist. How long until those positives are extinguished is certainly a worry, but hope still remains.

What top players?

Who have said no thanks!

Berra-Alleged transfer request

Nade-AWOL

Pinalla-Allowed to leave today!

I'm not really a Romanov basher and I'm all for positive thoughts during this dark time! I agree that once the manager issue is sorted, things will pick up, but having practically no coaching staff with pre-season already started is a joke!

:)

I do find it slightly ironic that I'm getting a lot of abuse in this thread for trying to be positive, when for the best part of three years I've been getting it in the the neck from all sides for criticising Vlad! What an age we live in......:dribble:

Guest juvehearts
:)

I do find it slightly ironic that I'm getting a lot of abuse in this thread for trying to be positive, when for the best part of three years I've been getting it in the the neck from all sides for criticising Vlad! What an age we live in......:dribble:

what feekin postitives are there at hearts?!

none - no manager, a squad full of sheet even the ones you mentioned, no contact from anyone, if we're to believe only 9k ST sold, the return of Anatoly ?to me? Korobochka and Angel ?to you? Chervenkov.

still we could be hibs :107years:

Archived