Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Auld Reekin'

McJake

Recommended Posts

Auld Reekin'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-50000564   

 

Dundee FC's manager James McPake and Forfar player Gary Irvine have been charged following a disturbance in a Dundee pub. The incident is alleged to have taken place in The Braes bar, Perth Road, in the city's west end at about 23:30 on Sunday. "

 

Anyone know what actually happened here: mates on a night-out who ended-up getting pished and into some bother, or some sort of scrap between the pair of them? (And did someone grass him up?)

 

Either way, h1b5 class will always find a way...

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
18 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-50000564   

 

Dundee FC's manager James McPake and Forfar player Gary Irvine have been charged following a disturbance in a Dundee pub. The incident is alleged to have taken place in The Braes bar, Perth Road, in the city's west end at about 23:30 on Sunday. "

 

Anyone know what actually happened here: mates on a night-out who ended-up getting pished and into some bother, or some sort of scrap between the pair of them? (And did someone grass him up?)

 

Either way, h1b5 class will always find a way...

They got battered because they wouldn't accept drugs in the pub which is the biggest insult to anyone in Dundee 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

GRASS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Another inductee to the Hibs Hall of Fame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
queensferryjambo

No matter what happened I am sure McPake will roll over and grass on his associates in a plea bargain ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

GRASS

 

 

GRASS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fraggle
22 minutes ago, indianajones said:

 

 

GRASS

McCabe/McPake, not much difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phage

McPake Grass 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo

Hibs grass...I mean class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferris Bueller

Hibs Scottish Cup losing legend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
11 hours ago, Phage said:

McPake Grass 

For some reason, the back story to this has passed me by. I've seen it referenced over the years but please enlighten me. 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

For some reason, the back story to this has passed me by. I've seen it referenced over the years but please enlighten me. 👍 

A hospital porter made reference to his knee injury, McPake complained to his superiors and the bloke got the sack. 

All allegedly of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holyrood_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

A hospital porter made reference to his knee injury, McPake complained to his superiors and the bloke got the sack. 

All allegedly of course. 

I didn’t know that. I always thought it has something to do with Stevenson’s challenge on him during a derby & McPake greetin’ to the papers about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
48 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

A hospital porter made reference to his knee injury, McPake complained to his superiors and the bloke got the sack. 

All allegedly of course. 

Cheers. Thought it sounded a dull one but then read the porter was a Celtic supporter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
On 10/10/2019 at 16:57, Ray Gin said:

GRASS

 

stonerstanley2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phage
5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

For some reason, the back story to this has passed me by. I've seen it referenced over the years but please enlighten me. 👍 

If you are aged between 35-40 you'd have noticed in the teenage years.... "McCabe Grass" graffiti'd all over Edinburgh. Particular wester hailes/murrayburn/sighthill.

 

Anyway... the story goes. McCabe grassed on drug dealers. Got some protection deal. Drug dealers and users weren't happy. Spray painted McCabe grass all over the place to the extent that you couldn't avoid seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

And Ryan McGowan, who broke McP with his goal,  just scored a late winner for Sydney in the opening fixture of the A league.  Well done Ryan, you champion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, Phage said:

If you are aged between 35-40 you'd have noticed in the teenage years.... "McCabe Grass" graffiti'd all over Edinburgh. Particular wester hailes/murrayburn/sighthill.

 

Anyway... the story goes. McCabe grassed on drug dealers. Got some protection deal. Drug dealers and users weren't happy. Spray painted McCabe grass all over the place to the extent that you couldn't avoid seeing it.

35-40? I'm 48 and remember seeing it going to and from Tynecastle in 1991/92.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Janbo1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

In a similar vein anyone remember the boy who’d obviously ****** up and sprayed an apology on the Pavilion at Broomhouse Park. Something like “Louise I’m really sorry hen”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phage
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

In a similar vein anyone remember the boy who’d obviously ****** up and sprayed an apology on the Pavilion at Broomhouse Park. Something like “Louise I’m really sorry hen”?

It was Pam

 

"Pam I'm sorry, call me" or something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemongrab
1 hour ago, Phage said:

It was Pam

 

"Pam I'm sorry, call me" or something 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fort Vallance

Apparently a bit of a non story. They were out after playing in a friendly and a discussion got out of hand. Not sure if it was DFC or United supporters they were arguing with. Unlikely to even get to court but good for a bit of banter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer
On 12/10/2019 at 10:23, Phage said:

It was Pam

 

"Pam I'm sorry, call me" or something 

That’s the one. Heartfelt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...