Jump to content
Swanny17

Apathy

Recommended Posts

EIEIO
1 hour ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

I think the apathy has set in as the Die Hards are getting older and are quietly letting old habits die hard . would this run and management farce have  been accepted by the fans say 20/25 years ago when the majority of the support  were from working class housing schemes 

I know life has to evolved  and football is now more a Family orientated / Middle class day out.  I found myself walking out on Saturday before I lost the plot and fell out with fellow supporters whom seem happy just to be in the ground for a day out 

Maybee my passions just get the better of me but it’s hard watching this team without being angry 😡 

Like you I'm more angry than apathetic.  Previous owners probably felt the need to be seen as in touch with the fans by sacking an unpopular manager, Ann doesn't (I can't decide whether this is brave or stupid). In the past we were probably more dependent on match day income ie walk up fans   , bad results equals lower crowds, than we are now with 13K season tickets and more corporate income.

Think it all comes down to Levein being both a board member and manager.  This crazy decision after a fiasco of a recruitment exercise when Cathro was sacked has come back to bite us big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
53 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


I think you’re forgetting the games against Hibs and Sevco that season - they certainly weren’t attack, attack!  We were ruthless against the other teams though and the performance / football we played in the 4-1 win against Falkirk (4th game I think) was the best I had seen for a long time.  

I wonder why that might be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874

I would comment on peoples apathy but I'm too apathetic to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatlock

I don’t know what apathy means and I don’t care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gowestjambo

Initially the anger was directed at Craig Levein, who has proven himself totally inept as a Football Manager. I now get the feeling that the anger is now being focused more on Ann Budge due to her failure to act.

 

As mentioned before, the feel good factor has now been replaced with apathy.  How on earth have these two saviours of our team, managed to turn the fans against them in such a fashion?. Even if Ann Budge was to fire Levein tomorrow, her legacy will be tarnished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherbet
2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Initially the anger was directed at Craig Levein, who has proven himself totally inept as a Football Manager. I now get the feeling that the anger is now being focused more on Ann Budge due to her failure to act.

 

As mentioned before, the feel good factor has now been replaced with apathy.  How on earth have these two saviours of our team, managed to turn the fans against them in such a fashion?. Even if Ann Budge was to fire Levein tomorrow, her legacy will be tarnished.

Agree.both have to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John mcCartney
3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Initially the anger was directed at Craig Levein, who has proven himself totally inept as a Football Manager. I now get the feeling that the anger is now being focused more on Ann Budge due to her failure to act.

 

As mentioned before, the feel good factor has now been replaced with apathy.  How on earth have these two saviours of our team, managed to turn the fans against them in such a fashion?. Even if Ann Budge was to fire Levein tomorrow, her legacy will be tarnished.


shes been taking us for mugs since the  `why,we have our manager here` bollocks.......conscious or unconcious of the fact on appointing him she has scarred the club for very possibly a long time......grim to think of the work involved to rectify the situation when the Lescream and his cowboys finally leave .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear

Hearts have become like the city we represent: once proud, now crumbling visibly due to misguided management, while the citizens look on in apathy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartbeat

I first questioned her attitude when ST holders were not given priority for the ST seat they held for cup games. This was a change from the norm and widely debated on here. Cant remember the precise quotes but along the lines of " it's not your seat" .

 

Regardless of opinion it was in my mind the first sign of AB not being in sync with fans. Then section X was mostly given notice to decant as was being taken over for more hospitality. I had held that seat since it was built.

 

The price for the suggested new location was much higher in section P of the main stand and  we were offered these at Gorgie end prices for one season only. I thought that as we were happy where we were the club should honour this and keep these prices for those forced to move ongoing. Never got a reply to my e mail.

 

Back in section Y now and seat is behind the stair between x and y, dont see much of the games now for the constant stream of hospitality guests from X .

 

Hospitality is important I get that but have always questioned the need to place it right in the middle of the home support. 

 

I add that we were offered alternative seats in the gorgie stand after the request to move but there was not an area to take all of us so we ended up all over the place and this year many have chucked it. 

 

She is getting a lot wrong and to use the OPs term created the current apathy.

Edited by Heartbeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, Heartbeat said:

I first questioned her attitude when ST holders were not given priority for the ST seat they held for cup games. This was a change from the norm and widely debated on here. Cant remember the precise quotes but along the lines of " it's not your seat" .

 

Regardless of opinion it was in my mind the first sign of AB not being in sync with fans. Then section X was mostly given notice to decant as was being taken over for more hospitality. I had held that seat since it was built.

 

The price for the suggested new location was much higher in section P of the main stand and  we were offered these at Gorgie end prices for one season only. I thought that as we were happy where we were the club should honour this and keep these prices for those forced to move ongoing. Never got a reply to my e mail.

 

Back in section Y now and seat is behind the stair between x and y, dont see much of the games now for the constant stream of hospitality guests from X .

 

Hospitality is important I get that but have always questioned the need to place it right in the middle of the home support. 

 

I add that we were offered alternative seats in the gorgie stand after the request to move but there was not an area to take all of us so we ended up all over the place and this year many have chucked it. 

 

She is getting a lot wrong and to use the OPs term created the current apathy.

Totally taking us for granted, they must have noticed how much match day income has been lost already. With Xmas coming up more people will be questioning wither to buy merchandise if this situation continues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

She’s been taking us for mugs as long as she is backing the worst manager in our history. 
said it before , she really doesn’t expect much from her employees does she.

Im really losing a lot of respect for her as every week goes by. I think even if we got relegated with Levein in charge she would still be deluded enough to stand by him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randy Marsh
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

She’s been taking us for mugs as long as she is backing the worst manager in our history. 
said it before , she really doesn’t expect much from her employees does she.

Im really losing a lot of respect for her as every week goes by. I think even if we got relegated with Levein in charge she would still be deluded enough to stand by him

That's a bit harsh saying Levein is the worst manager in our history.  He is a close 2nd behind Eduard Malofeyev.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

That's a bit harsh saying Levein is the worst manager in our history.  He is a close 2nd behind Eduard Malofeyev.

Tony Ford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ford donald
41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Tony Ford. 

 

41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Tony Ford. 

 

CL not our worst,but he is our worst giving the circumstances at present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist
On 11/10/2019 at 00:21, EIEIO said:

Like you I'm more angry than apathetic.  Previous owners probably felt the need to be seen as in touch with the fans by sacking an unpopular manager, Ann doesn't (I can't decide whether this is brave or stupid). In the past we were probably more dependent on match day income ie walk up fans   , bad results equals lower crowds, than we are now with 13K season tickets and more corporate income.

Think it all comes down to Levein being both a board member and manager.  This crazy decision after a fiasco of a recruitment exercise when Cathro was sacked has come back to bite us big time.

All of this. But surely senior players must be looking at this recruitment over last 2 yrs particuarly

We prob havnt budgeted for 3 SFs back to back. Prob helping bottom line ref euro qual failure.

Whats Adam Eckersley up to these days? Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist

Bobby Moncour  6   6   24      Relegated.

Testing year as a season tkt holder.

Think he signed Robbo tho...so....😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Bobby Moncour  6   6   24      Relegated.

Testing year as a season tkt holder.

Think he signed Robbo tho...so....😆

I quite liked Bobby Moncur as a manager but he clearly failed. Introduced Bowman and Mackay to the first team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Tony Ford. 

 

Ah Tony Ford. Snappy dresser but as a manager he was about as useful as a buzzing green hornet in a convent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr Lager
38 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Ah Tony Ford. Snappy dresser but as a manager he was about as useful as a buzzing green hornet in a convent.

Tony ford probably the worst I remember. The fact Levein is even being discussed in the same sentence alone is grounds for sacking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88

I was angry at the beginning of the year as it was clear Levein didn’t have the nouse to turn things round. Since the end of last season it has just been apathy. 

 

Aside from a few happy clappers on here everyone knew last season Levein should have stepped down. Instead Ann has confirmed we are not in a results driven business. Craig Levein staying in employment appears to be more important. 

 

I still respect Mrs Budge and think she has done a lot of good for the club. But she is danger of reaching a tipping point where even the moderate fans turn against her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EH11
On 11/10/2019 at 08:09, Nookie Bear said:

Hearts have become like the city we represent: once proud, now crumbling visibly due to misguided management, while the citizens look on in apathy. 

 

At least your world view is consistent old boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, EH11 said:

 

At least your world view is consistent old boy.


Think I posted that after a pothole-heavy drive home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist
On 10/10/2019 at 23:22, martoon said:

 

It's easy to get out the habit of going to games. Much easier than the habit of attending as not going is a lot cheaper and takes a lot less effort. Especially when the weather becomes as miserable as the performances and, as you suggest, we're not as young as we once were. 

 

I've seen quite a few mates and family fall by the wayside over the years and, once they stopped attending, it didn't take long for it to become the norm. None have returned to being regular attendees since, with around half not going at all.

 

My main motivation in recent years is taking my nephew but he's fed up with it now. We're not attending the Rangers game. I doubt one missed home game will be the start of a slippery slope but I suspect others have thought that in the past. It would be so easy for us to shed support when what's being served up on match days is so abysmal, so consistently yet, so acceptable to the owner. 

 

Don't think I've ever been so disenchanted in my 44 years of going to Tynecastle (40 years as a die hard regular). 

The product is rank rotten and expensive

The failure to acknowledge this via a developed strategy and action plan to fix it.

The reduction of the bear pit to a library

Stormy waters ahead. Im in no doubt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

The product is rank rotten and expensive

The failure to acknowledge this via a developed strategy and action plan to fix it.

The reduction of the bear pit to a library

Stormy waters ahead. Im in no doubt.

 

 

Aye. 

 

It's gone on long enough but at some point it has to come to a head. Always does. The plan, if any, appears to be to play out the season, wallowing in the shitefest, and Ann can simply let Levein's contract expire. No sacking, no confrontation, no falling out with her buddy. 

 

The fans can't and won't accept that. Why should we, bud?

 

It could get unpleasant. I wouldn't want to see that but I suspect that's where we're heading. 

 

If Ann needs Craig to guide her through life then they can do it in their own time at her expense. Keeping him in place at the club for that reason alone (it's hardly for the sparkling fitba and results) is unacceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
On 11/10/2019 at 23:21, 1971fozzy said:

She’s been taking us for mugs as long as she is backing the worst manager in our history. 
said it before , she really doesn’t expect much from her employees does she.

Im really losing a lot of respect for her as every week goes by. I think even if we got relegated with Levein in charge she would still be deluded enough to stand by him

Prob give him the chance to bring us back up ??🙈🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...