Hull City Boycot

pennantjambo

pennantjambo

I posted this on another thread but wondered what the majority thought rather than just a few.

Why not use this pre-season fixture to send Bamstick a message.

No one attends what is pretty much a meaningless fixture.

Two supporters go to the game and attach a large banner clearly visible to the press and media that have been alerted.

Fans could be balloted in advance on the message and wording to be included on the banner and a vote taken on KB to select the most appropriate.

Contact Hull City Fans reps asking for their support (they may not be so keen to attend if the stadium is empty)

Zero fans at game

No merchandise bought

Zero sales of refreshments/pies/snacks etc

Bill for policing

Staff wages

He does'nt want to communicate, and he clearly does'nt listen, but maybe if he see's it in the press or on TV in his Lithy tenement he might just take a little notice.

Although it's only a friendly, I think it's a great idea.

We need to do something like this.

Disagree. Its a friendly - not very high profile fixture at which there most probably wont be a HUGE crowd anyway.

My suggestion would be to USE the Hull City fixture as a means of spreading the word about a future protest / boycott.

The problem with organising things on JKB is that not every Jambo is on here and you can only spread the word as far as internet access allows......

However - hand out leaflets prior to the Hull City match, informing folk of intention to carry out some kinda protest / boycott / banner displaying at the forthcoming motherwell match and you can reach a far wider audience.....

Disagree. Its a friendly - not very high profile fixture at which there most probably wont be a HUGE crowd anyway.

My suggestion would be to USE the Hull City fixture as a means of spreading the word about a future protest / boycott.

The problem with organising things on JKB is that not every Jambo is on here and you can only spread the word as far as internet access allows......

However - hand out leaflets prior to the Hull City match, informing folk of intention to carry out some kinda protest / boycott / banner displaying at the forthcoming motherwell match and you can reach a far wider audience.....

Now, that is a good idea.

Lets please get something organised.

something needs to be done but without affecting our support for the team

Unfortunately, most fans demonstrations effect the team.

Tough.

Don't agree. It will be easier to get people to boycott this game than one they have paid for on their season tickets.

PontiusPilate

IMHO a boycott is not the answer, we need to get behind the team and give them our support. Some sort of other protest aimed at Vlad would work better but I've no idea what that might be.

yeah it is a good idea but everyone knowx what he is like now... he wudnt listen or pay attention to it.:107years:

PresidentRomanov

QUOTE]

The other problem is, the one's calling for boycotting of games, and the dimwits who think it's a great irea, don't go to any games anyway :)

Why don't you boycott the internet :P

Don't agree. It will be easier to get people to boycott this game than one they have paid for on their season tickets.

I didnt state a boycott was the only option, in fact i listed three thigns you could use the Hull City match to promote, total boycott was just one of them.

Guest jambomickey
Unfortunately, most fans demonstrations effect the team.

Tough.

my own personal preference is i won't buy anything with the ukio bankas logo on it! the quicker the paranoid control freak from lithuania leaves the better

The other problem is' date=' the one's calling for boycotting of games, and the dimwits who think it's a great irea, don't go to any games anyway :)

Why don't you boycott the internet :P[/quote']

Again, boycotting was one of three forms of protest I mentioned in my other post. Its an OPTION.

And i'm one of the 9000 who renewed my ST bud, so i'm afraid you cant count me in your "dont go to games anyway" statement.

Say What Again

I agree with you frank. If people are going to boycott a game then a meaningless friendly would be the most likely. Especially as, like you say, you wouldn't be out of pocket by not attending.

PresidentRomanov
Again, boycotting was one of three forms of protest I mentioned in my other post. Its an OPTION.

And i'm one of the 9000 who renewed my ST bud, so i'm afraid you cant count me in your "dont go to games anyway" statement.

I was speaking generally :)

Jambof3tornado

What about a mass red card demonstration for the 1st game of the season,everyone going into the ground is given a red card and at Ko we all hold them up and chant sack the board!!!

Not turning up to games wont matter,if it mattered Vlad would have taken action by now after the drop in S/T sales.

I would never not go to games but I have no objection in protesting whilst I'm inside the ground.

Season ticket holder who has attended Tynecastle for 39 years (over twenty as a season ticket holder) who is using his son's KB thingy and is not to good with these computer things - but one thing for sure I will not be at the Hull game - not that I don't want to watch my team or support the players - BUT and this is a big BUT - how many of these players I support week in week out would actually be at Tynecastle if we had a decent manager. No after 39 years and having lived through the real dark days of the late seventies I for one am becoming totally fed up with whats going on. I read KB regularly and always have a wee chuckle at sopme of the posters who say wait and give Vlad more time - well after three years how much more time do you seriously think he deserves!!!!!

Time for real supporters to stand up and be counted even if it hurts and goes totally against the grain. Can anybody seriously see a light at the end of the tunnel. The word beleive has been slowly but surely removed from my vocabularly. Waiting in hope and certialny giving any friendlies a miss......

Some dutch team had a bog banner saying "if you need us we will be down the boozer" no link as yet and a rough translation

pennantjambo

There are some pretty influential posters here on KB and there is planty of time between now and the Hull game.

As we have witnessed recently most of the press now are reading if not getting most of their headlines from KB so i'm sure the EEN, Scotsman et al would only be to happy to cover this protest story in the papers as they like nothing better than saying GIRUY Romaknob.

So the press and media would give us all the publicity and attention required to inform all Jambos.

Plus the press and media would be hunting Romaknob down for his comments, he'll say nowt but at least he'll get to hear about it.

pennantjambo
Season ticket holder who has attended Tynecastle for 39 years (over twenty as a season ticket holder) who is using his son's KB thingy and is not to good with these computer things - but one thing for sure I will not be at the Hull game - not that I don't want to watch my team or support the players - BUT and this is a big BUT - how many of these players I support week in week out would actually be at Tynecastle if we had a decent manager. No after 39 years and having lived through the real dark days of the late seventies I for one am becoming totally fed up with whats going on. I read KB regularly and always have a wee chuckle at sopme of the posters who say wait and give Vlad more time - well after three years how much more time do you seriously think he deserves!!!!!

Time for real supporters to stand up and be counted even if it hurts and goes totally against the grain. Can anybody seriously see a light at the end of the tunnel. The word beleive has been slowly but surely removed from my vocabularly. Waiting in hope and certialny giving any friendlies a miss......

Not a ST holder but I got one for my son, I too have followed HMFC since 1966 including the same dark days. Was never a member of the believe brigade but the glass was always half full.

It should be no big deal to anyone other than Romaknob if everyone missed this one.

virgilhiltz
IMHO a boycott is not the answer, we need to get behind the team and give them our support. Some sort of other protest aimed at Vlad would work better but I've no idea what that might be.

erm threatening to remove your financial supprt?......

markletissier

i for one won't be buying any of this season's kits or going to any games until this situation is remedied.

merseyjambo

The Hull game is on 'Satan'ta.

A non attendance by Hearts fans for whatever reason and spreading the word to Hull fans to ask for their solidarity in non attendance would be a good idea.

How do you think it would look to have 2 teams playing in front of an empty stadium.

It might not change things but at least VR might see what is likely to happen unless he changes his ways (highly unlikely) but its the only form of communication we can make to VR

Im not sure what the best action is but something definetly needs to be done. The Hull game will not have much exposure but enough noise on here planning something would make the media be aware. So either:

only 2 people go with a huge banner

or

volunteers to hand out info for a planned protest

I think it would be a good idea for nobody to go to Ibrox that would guarantee press coverage.

peebles jambo

i think it's a good idea, hit him where it hurts, in the pocket, i'm certainly not going, friendlies are ****** anyway

A non attendance by Hearts fans for whatever reason and spreading the word to Hull fans to ask for their solidarity in non attendance would be a good idea.

How do you think it would look to have 2 teams playing in front of an empty stadium.

It might not change things but at least VR might see what is likely to happen unless he changes his ways (highly unlikely) but its the only form of communication we can make to VR

Good point.

Perhaps an organised protest outside the main stand for the entire game, with someone inside with a huge banner to cover the empty seats and get shown across the UK on Setanta.

oh ah grantona

great idea mate im with you all the way if needed i can help as much as can to drum up support since jan 30th i have not been back i have not renewed havent even bought a strip. There are plenty of managers out there. The only problem is again we as a support are divided how many tickets do you think have been sold already id guess 2000+ and they will go plus all the idiots who say i support the team not romanov well wake up and smell the coffee there might not be a team unless he shows something

Skacel'sLeftFoot
Time for real supporters to stand up and be counted even if it hurts and goes totally against the grain.

Spot on! I'd much rather renew my ST, watch the mighty JT's, have a drink and a laugh before, during and after the game, avoid shopping etc, but I prefer being miserable to going along with VR's current method of management. IF he changes, backs out of team selection, appoints credible/respected manager, then I'll be absolutely delighted. But he isn't going to is he and I can't stomach another 3 years of this farce. Managers, knocking us back, speaking out about his "methods" etc. It's ridiculous.

He apparently backed down in January remember?

georgeparkdb

Have my season ticket already, but will not be attending the Hull game.

Seeing rows of empty seats broadcast on tv will hopefully get through Vlad's thick skull that he has to change.

Guest Tynie Bubbles

But HE didn't back down in January, he offered a compromise and the angry mob put down their pitch forks and flaming torches and shuffled off back to the Apathy Arms for their pre match pint and a grumble.

And it was a big fib he told in to the bargain too.

At least a lot of people who wouldn't have been going to the Hull City game anyway, can now claim some kind of moral high ground and say they were boycotting it ;)

pennantjambo

I did have an inkling but was'nt sure if this was on TV. This is good news as far as a solitary banner at the game is concerned in terms of exposure.

For those who could'nt be bothered or were'nt going anyway plus those who stay away as a mark of protest then it looks like a total boycot to the assembled media.

Dirty Deeds

Organised boycotts are not need. If we are as poor in the coming season as we were in the previous, Tynecastle will have an ever increasing number of empty seats.

I think boycotting a more high profile game would have a bigger impact. The Hull game is a meaningless pre-season friendly that probably half the season ticket holders wouldn't attend anyway so in reality its going to have little impact. It's probably a convenient game (for some) to arrange a boycott rather than showing support to 'the cause' by missing a bigger match.

I don't think there is a consensus yet about what 'the cause' actually is and this is going to prevent any kind of protest being as effective as possible.

Only a Game

I'd be happy boycotting this game. I hadnt decided whether to go or not anyway, but I'd be happy to make a decision and stay away as a protest.

I'd be happy to picket Tynecastle on the day of the game to encourage others to do likewise.

However, at least ONE of the supporters groups needs to publicly get on board with this.

I think the last time the possibility of a boycott was seriously raised, wasnt it the Gretna game in January, one of the "fans chiefs" appeared in the paper the following night and put a complete dampener on it, saying it was inappropriate to withdraw support from the team and the club. I may be wrong and apologies if I am but I believe this was Derek Watson.

So first off, if we are serious about this, who's got links or holds any position of influence in any one of the supporters groups. Perhaps the trust might be a good place to start as they are the only ones I have seen speaking publicly recently.

Or are there any Fans Forum office bearers or Federation office bearers or Shareholders office bearers on here who would care to approach their comittees for an opinion.

The question is this to them, for them to answer.

"Do we support a boycott of the Hull City game if no manager with 100% control has been put in place by the day of the game. Do we recommend action to our members and the fan base at large. Do we also plan additional protests by some people inside the ground on the day of that game and other future games if the situation does not improve. Do we contact the supporters of Hull City FC and ask them for a show of support, if not actually a boycott."

Is anyone prepared to start or sit on a small committee for kickback to organise and promote such a boycott. I would be. How about those selected to meet Charlie Mann some time ago..........Anyone actually willing to help get the ball rolling on this or are we just talking again ?

I think this thread needs a poll, do we boycot the hull game and since its on telly hope that get through to him or do we attend and show banners/flags etc and spend the game chanting anti Romanov songs live on telly?

Riddley Walker

i reckon a total boycott... i can't see the whole stadium chanting and protesting for 90 minutes

Only a Game
I think this thread needs a poll, do we boycot the hull game and since its on telly hope that get through to him or do we attend and show banners/flags etc and spend the game chanting anti Romanov songs live on telly?

Poll now available

I would boycott this game without any problem and it should be known public that we are not going to it because of Vlads interfering in team affairs and his running of the football side of things at Hearts.

Friendlies are a waste of time in general anyway so nothing is being lost in supporting the team etc.

This should get organised and the supporters groups should come out publicly

and ask fans to support this action which would make it clear to romanov that

we can't take anymore of this circus.

By The Light..

Boycott all home games until VR decides he wants to compete in this league.

Only go to away games.

Kaunas play to hundreds every week so the mad bamstick doesn't care.

I'd love to know where the plumber, Deans and the Mcgrails are. We don't have the funds to buy him out and he doesn't want to sell but surely we could get the *****'s attention.

Is there anything that can be done for a major shareholder making a total ***** out of himself over and over and over again?

I think that if we use the media and organise a peaceful protest by boycotting Hull or even Motherwell then he would have to pay attention. I fear he'd only take notice if it happened week after week after week.

A whole 90 minutes of singing his song but with the following words Vladimir GTF Vladimir GTF Vladimir GTF.

gowestjambo

I know the fans are divided, but here is a real opportunity to unite and show romanov we can not be pushed about! (lets face it who would really miss a friendly against hull, after all its hardly Barcelona!)

But to emphasise the point, I think a rally should be organised where thousands of Hearts supporters demonstrate their contempt for the way we are being treated!

A low attendance may be put down to an unglamorous opposition, but 10,000+ at the meadows would show our solidarity against this maniac who appears hell bent upon wrecking our team!

Captain America

As previous poster has stated i would go along with a red card type protest like "Show Red card to Racism, only Show Red Card to Romanov".

I was a Romanov believer but as each day passes i begin to fear for the future of out great club.

As previous poster has stated i would go along with a red card type protest like "Show Red card to Racism, only Show Red Card to Romanov".

I was a Romanov believer but as each day passes i begin to fear for the future of out great club.

As part of a larger concerted campaign I would go along with that. A mass rally seems a good idea as well but only if enough people bother to turn up. Lets see if we can maybe get a couple of Edinburgh bands to entertain the rally and maybe some guest celebrity speakers. That would certainly get the media interested. If money is required for all this then a collection should be taken at the rally.

But as I've said before all these ideas need some people to be involved in the organisation.

Geoff Kilpatrick

A definite boycott of this fixture, coupled with refusal to enter the ground until 15 minutes after kick-off against Motherwell will be a good start.

A definite boycott of this fixture, coupled with refusal to enter the ground until 15 minutes after kick-off against Motherwell will be a good start.

If there is still no manager in place who has total control of football matters then this should happen , i would also say that every fan who doesn't agree with the way the fooball side of things are being run should make up banners in protest about the running of things at the Motherwell game.

Hull boycott is a must.

el_jambo74
As part of a larger concerted campaign I would go along with that. A mass rally seems a good idea as well but only if enough people bother to turn up. Lets see if we can maybe get a couple of Edinburgh bands to entertain the rally and maybe some guest celebrity speakers. That would certainly get the media interested. If money is required for all this then a collection should be taken at the rally.

But as I've said before all these ideas need some people to be involved in the organisation.

I have a big problem with collections - open to abuse.

Hull City protest would definitely unite most of the fans I think. Its on Setanta also, so it would get plenty of coverage.

Never been a fan of "official" boycotts as they never seem to work (not at Hearts anyway). Short term pain for long term gain doesn't seem to be in many people's vocabulary.

I am going over to Belfast and Germany for the away friendlies however I have decided to not attend the Hull game. This is the first time in over 30 years I have missed a home game however even though it is such a small thing, I feel it is part of a bigger picture and my displeasure is starting to be shown in the only way I can.

Archived