What a week but........Not turned the corner yet

Crete

What an enjoyable week it has been Strictly come dancing has started 🕺Hearts beat Hibs and Aberdeen and we are in the semi final of the cup🏆🇱🇻,and everyone on kickback  happy again😁.

41 minutes ago, Crete said:

What an enjoyable week it has been Strictly come dancing has started 🕺Hearts beat Hibs and Aberdeen and we are in the semi final of the cup🏆🇱🇻,and everyone on kickback  happy again😁.

Strictly come dancing.  :jj_facepalm:

It should have been ten

47 minutes ago, Crete said:

What an enjoyable week it has been Strictly come dancing has started 🕺Hearts beat Hibs and Aberdeen and we are in the semi final of the cup🏆🇱🇻,and everyone on kickback  happy again😁.

Except the haterz 

:clyay:  🇱🇻🏆

1 hour ago, Crete said:

What an enjoyable week it has been Strictly come dancing has started 🕺Hearts beat Hibs and Aberdeen and we are in the semi final of the cup🏆🇱🇻,and everyone on kickback  happy again😁.

:cornette_dog:

As for the rest... :yas:

Edited by iantjambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It will all go for nothing if we get beat by pishy wee st mirren

Disagree with that! Out of the 3 games if we were to lose one then the st lie down the one but obviously don't want to lose any game 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Beat st Mirren and it's been the perfect week! 

For sure. That shower fall into the same category as hibs,celtic and rangers for me. 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It will all go for nothing if we get beat by pishy wee st mirren

I get what you are saying but just enjoy the next few days ffs. For the first time in ages we can spend the week smiling.

4 minutes ago, Crete said:

As good as the last two results have been let's not get carried away 

Thanks for the advice, well worth a thread of it's own.

Sort of thing I would have just said to my mates and left it at that though.

Honestly cannot believe the change in just the space of a few days. 

Some consistency would be lovely, of course, but there's something extra satisfying about struggling and being written off then having a wee defiant comeback in a derby and then a cup.

We’re definitely taking steps in that direction though. Two games in a row we’ve came back from behind and twice in one game. Before Sunday I’d have said that wouldn’t happen.

Football is a results game and if the results keep coming then everyone wins. 

9 minutes ago, Crete said:

:cornette:

With every silver lining there is a cloud I suppose.

Not exactly a glass half full type of person are you?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 minutes ago, Crete said:

correct - we have shown a fighting spirit and will to win that's been seen only rarely for a while though

levein seems to recognise that it will take more than this to turn the corner (rightly or wrongly)

good parody of Stewart with the swallows chat - hopefully he'll soon be saying 10 swallows plus a cup doesn't always make a summer 

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Amazing how somebody can change in less than 3 hours.

Maybe it’s the rippin from admitting to being chuffed strictly is on turn them back?!

😂😂

Edited by The Future's Maroon

14 minutes ago, Crete said:

What an enjoyable week it has been Strictly come dancing has started 🕺Hearts beat Hibs and Aberdeen and we are in the semi final of the cup🏆🇱🇻,and everyone on kickback  happy again😁.

:levein_interesting:

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Think he has a split personality 😂

Not sure this justifies a new thread tbh. For what it's worth; I don't think there are any corners, and the cliche of turning them is a bit redundant. Reality is, we had a bad start to the season and we have now had a couple of very good results. It's not like we have turned a corner where we have left a road that means we can only get bad results and joined a road where we will always and only get good results. What has happened, is our luck has changed a little with the fine margins that influence results, and we have shown a steel and determination that was not as evident in the games before. Personally I put this down to the new players starting to find their feet, and get to know their team mates.

A_A wehatethehibs

Don’t think anybody is getting carried away but that’s our first back to back wins since I believe February, against 2 big rival clubs. Has to be backed up with wins vs St Mirren and Kilmarnock. Only wins will do

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I actually agree with the OP. A lot of work to be done, had we been beaten 2-1 wrists would have been slashed instead. I thought the 2nd half was poor and disjointed but not lacking for effort. Too many Berra missiles again. As opposed to the better class Smith missile

34 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Maybe we just need to accept that we win some, draw some, and lose some, whilst acknowledging that sometimes these wins come all at once, and at other times they are more spread out? 🤔

Maybe we need to stop getting hysterical after a couple of bad results and a couple of good results, and instead place more emphasis on things like evidence of improvement and progress, and put less stock in results alone? 🤔

Radical, I know. :lol: 

Said before the derby that if we win it, we can take it from there. Then, beat Aberdeen and we can take it...etc.

We want to see Hearts play well and win regularly. Keep doing that, protests and "Levein oot" stuff just melts away. Not overnight, of course, but with a sustained period of consistency/good results the occasional poor performance/defeat will no longer trigger meltdowns. 

The team spirit, which has been mostly absent for months, seems to have returned, which can only help our cause.

At the very least it's been a cracking few days and we at last have some hope that, perhaps, this might all work out after all. 

C'mon the J.T's. 

Been a very very positive week so far but we need to take it further. A loss to St Liedoon and we're back to square one. As much as I'm looking forward to going back to hampden (and especially the pre semi final drinking session) we really need to carry the momentum into Paisley with us and continue the revival.

Come on Craig, we've all been critical but if we can get a good, consistent run of results to take us back up to the European spots all will be forgiven