A Farce, From Top to Bottom

siegementality

Guest JamboRobbo

it's ok. it's only pre-season training. How much damage can it do. We can always get Fast Eddie in. :P

"Meanwhile another club wanted to bid for a player at Tynecastle. But they were given five different contacts for negotiations - none of whom had any authority to make a decision."

:wacko:

This is getting really, really ridiculous.

This quote doesn't enthuse me with much confidence.

"Sprint coach Tom Ritchie is in charge of fitness and running until Wednesday, with ball work scheduled to start on Thursday.

It seems unlikely Vladimir Romanov will have appointed a new boss by the end of the week.

However there could be one or two coaches brought over from Eastern Europe on a short-term basis to help with training."

Why does Malofeev spring to mind?

it's ok. it's only pre-season training. How much damage can it do. We can always get Fast Eddie in. :P

Berra was quoted in the evening news as hoping that this years pre-season was "100 times better than last year"

A glowing indictment of Romanov's footballing guru

"Sprint coach Tom Ritchie is in charge of fitness and running until Wednesday, with ball work scheduled to start on Thursday."

Jose Goncalves will be loving it, something he is good at. :)

Jose Goncalves will be loving it, something he is good at. :)

maybe on Friday they'll be sheparding the ball out of play!

Say What Again

:rofl:

That raised a welcome smile on what has been (yet another) depressing day on JKB.

Guest JamboRobbo

Followed by long throws the next day.

And if that is the end of his trial, Nuremberg will think he's the best player in the world.

We're tremendous! I'm sooooooooooooo f****n happy that I listened to all the true supporters and renewed. I can't beleive that we are watching the total meltdown of a once proud club.

How hard is it. Would you like the managers job at Hearts? I will give you full control and will allow you to bring in some new players within a set budget. Should you move on any players or reduce the overheads you can use that money to further strengthen the playing squad. Your salary will be ?350K and you will be rewarded with a longer deal should you avoid relegation.

Sorry guys but could the last one out remember to turn off the lights.

Shame it didn't work out with Rober - the man obviously had an eye for a player...

"We watched Kaunas reserves but from what I can see there are no brilliant young players there"

It is enough to make you weep.

Little wonder that supporters of other clubs both laugh at us and feel genuinely sorry for us.

It is somewhat ironic that the serach for the manager was solely focussed on McGhee only for him to back out at the last minute and then for Frail to be sent away as they thought that had got someone else to take the job only to find out that this was not the case.

The pharse "Could not organise a pi** up at a brewery" springs to mind!

Jambof3tornado
:rofl:

That raised a welcome smile on what has been (yet another) depressing day on JKB.

It really is a depressing place to be right now. I am away for another prozac!!!

Doc gives me them coz he knows I am a jambo!!!

If this was happening to any other club how funny would we be finding this.

Seriously, the Hobos must be fecking loving this, imagine this was them!

Can someone post the full article. Surf control won't let me access Talk107 at work and I want to see what has kicked off half a dozen protest threads!! :sad:

FULL MAHOOJIE:

"It was business as usual for the Hearts squad at pre-season training today, despite the absence of a manager.

Sprint coach Tom Ritchie is in charge of fitness and running until Wednesday, with ball work scheduled to start on Thursday.

It seems unlikely Vladimir Romanov will have appointed a new boss by the end of the week.

However there could be one or two coaches brought over from Eastern Europe on a short-term basis to help with training.

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov is coming under fire from other clubs keen to do business with him.

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxley is hitting out at the majority shareholder's lack of communication, as the Championship side step up their bid to sign Christophe Berra.

Moxley claims they're being 'thwarted by a lack of response from the Jambos'.

Meanwhile another club wanted to bid for a player at Tynecastle.

But they were given five different contacts for negotiations - none of whom had any authority to make a decision.

Interference from Jambos majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov has once again frightened off a potential new Hearts manager.

talk 107 revealed on Friday night that former Stuttgart and Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Rober was having talks with Romanov in Lithuania.

However Rober says he was not willing to work with an owner who wanted a say in team selection.

The German told Monday's Daily Record: "I haven't spoken with Romanov since I left Lithuania. We had a good talk but he has his line and I have mine, so we'll wait and see.

"We had a long talk about his philosophy and he used a flip chart to show how it would all work. I have no bad things to say about Romanov. This was the first time I've met him and he was a really nice guy.

"He wants to use Kaunas, MTZ-Ripo Minsk and maybe one other club he will buy to develop young players for Hearts who will work under a coach who can make them good enough for the English Premiership.

"It's a very good idea but for this plan you need good players. We watched Kaunas reserves but from what I can see there are no brilliant young players there.

"I am one of the best in Germany at developing players for international football but I don't think he has the quality at the moment and that's why we couldn't come together.

"Perhaps Romanov's position is right as he sees it but I've worked for 20 years as a coach and I have ideas - there are some differences between us.

"I did not tell him I must have control of the team but there were a few words said that led me to believe it might be difficult to work with him.

"I had a feeling he would tell me, 'Bring this player to the team, don't play this one. This would be a problem. The final decision must lie with the coach. If he doesn't have that right, he's dead as a coach.

"If it came to the stage of signing a contract I would insist I was responsible for the team."

Rober suggested Romanov may already be looking elsewhere for a manager, and hinted Kaunas coaches like Andrei Zygmantovich may be short-term solutions.

He added: "I flew home on Saturday morning and we shook hands and both agreed to think about things. Maybe he'll phone me again but I know the team start training on Monday.

"They might be working on one or two other coaches for the position but they don't have any more time.

"Still, he also has one or two coaches in Kaunas - maybe they will be at Hearts on Monday morning to work with the players."

ENDS

And how much would all of us be convinced that the club in question was fecked.

Can someone post the full article. Surf control won't let me access Talk107 at work and I want to see what has kicked off half a dozen protest threads!! :sad:

"It was business as usual for the Hearts squad at pre-season training today, despite the absence of a manager.

Sprint coach Tom Ritchie is in charge of fitness and running until Wednesday, with ball work scheduled to start on Thursday.

However there could be one or two coaches brought over from Eastern Europe on a short-term basis to help with training.

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov is coming under fire from other clubs keen to do business with him.

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxley is hitting out at the majority shareholder's lack of communication, as the Championship side step up their bid to sign Christophe Berra.

Moxley claims they're being 'thwarted by a lack of response from the Jambos'.

Meanwhile another club wanted to bid for a player at Tynecastle.

But they were given five different contacts for negotiations - none of whom had any authority to make a decision.

Interference from Jambos majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov has once again frightened off a potential new Hearts manager.

talk 107 revealed on Friday night that former Stuttgart and Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Rober was having talks with Romanov in Lithuania.

However Rober says he was not willing to work with an owner who wanted a say in team selection.

The German told Monday's Daily Record: "I haven't spoken with Romanov since I left Lithuania. We had a good talk but he has his line and I have mine, so we'll wait and see.

"We had a long talk about his philosophy and he used a flip chart to show how it would all work. I have no bad things to say about Romanov. This was the first time I've met him and he was a really nice guy.

"He wants to use Kaunas, MTZ-Ripo Minsk and maybe one other club he will buy to develop young players for Hearts who will work under a coach who can make them good enough for the English Premiership.

"It's a very good idea but for this plan you need good players. We watched Kaunas reserves but from what I can see there are no brilliant young players there.

"I am one of the best in Germany at developing players for international football but I don't think he has the quality at the moment and that's why we couldn't come together.

"Perhaps Romanov's position is right as he sees it but I've worked for 20 years as a coach and I have ideas - there are some differences between us.

"I did not tell him I must have control of the team but there were a few words said that led me to believe it might be difficult to work with him.

"I had a feeling he would tell me, 'Bring this player to the team, don't play this one. This would be a problem. The final decision must lie with the coach. If he doesn't have that right, he's dead as a coach.

"If it came to the stage of signing a contract I would insist I was responsible for the team."

Rober suggested Romanov may already be looking elsewhere for a manager, and hinted Kaunas coaches like Andrei Zygmantovich may be short-term solutions.

He added: "I flew home on Saturday morning and we shook hands and both agreed to think about things. Maybe he'll phone me again but I know the team start training on Monday.

"They might be working on one or two other coaches for the position but they don't have any more time.

"Still, he also has one or two coaches in Kaunas - maybe they will be at Hearts on Monday morning to work with the players.""

Hagar the Horrible
Shame it didn't work out with Rober - the man obviously had an eye for a player...

"We watched Kaunas reserves but from what I can see there are no brilliant young players there"

The politest way of saying that Kaunas players are sheee iiiiittee?

He could have watched Hearts first team and came to the same conclusion:p

maroonlegions

i hope the 9,000 that renewed are happy with that story but then again vlad just might turn it around eh, we are like a game of Russian roulette , take yer chances and hope for the best , what better way to run a football club eh.:rolleyes:

i hope the 9,000 that renewed are happy with that story

Venting your anger in the wrong direction matey

i hope the 9,000 that renewed are happy with that story but then again vlad just might turn it around eh, we are like a game of Russian roulette , take yer chances and hope for the best , what better way to run a football club eh.:rolleyes:

I can't speak for the other 8,999 but I renewed and I'm not happy with the story. And i don't know anyone who is happy with it.

Ray Winstone

I hear Molofeev is a fitness expert so pre season training will be fine.

;)

"Meanwhile another club wanted to bid for a player at Tynecastle. But they were given five different contacts for negotiations - none of whom had any authority to make a decision."

:wacko:

This is getting really, really ridiculous.

Its ok some happy jambo will float by in his positivity bubble and tell us Romanov is doing his best to keeps hearts better players now :rolleyes:

maroonlegions
Venting your anger in the wrong direction matey

well matey far be it from me to criticize those who have renewed but my anger is mainly directed at vlad , it was of course peoples rights and choices to renew and i take my hat of to them for forking out a lot of hard earned but there does come a time when enough is enough eh, everybody has their own limits to what they can put up with but mines has reach its limit and i just cant figure out the maniac we have in charge of this great club, peoples anger vents in different ways and is sometimes taken at face value but the value is what vlad is so not delivering just know.:cool::mad:

Toxteth O'Grady

Donkey's blog is no less depressing:sad:

http://www.talk107.co.uk/presenter.php?presenter=128

Hearts..Hearts..Glorious Hearts??

So J?rgen R?ber's not keen on taking over at Hearts.

The chat with Vladimir Romanov seemed to go fine in Kaunas last Friday, but there were simply too many niggling doubts in the mind of the German boss for him to want to take things any further.

Something about building a pyramid system to ensure the best of the youngsters rise to the top, but ultimately - and most importantly - not having enough quality Eastern European players at the foot of the structure to ensure the project worked.

Also the old problem of 'interference' from above - which players to sign and which to pick - was another negative for the 54 year-old.

Mark McGhee was the number one choice all along to fill the vacant managerial position at Hearts. Even before that infamous statement appeared on the official club website. The French would say 'les oeufs dans le m?me panier' - quite simply all the Jambo eggs were in the one maroon basket. When McGhee delivered the custard pie to Hearts there was, unfortunately, no contingency plan in place.

Therefore, six months on, Romanov was back at square one...

A new search was put in place, and this led the owner to Vladimir Weiss - a 43 year-old who also had talks with Vlad, but Weiss ultimately decided his preference was taking over as national coach of Slovakia and not moving to Tynecastle.

Loyalty - or the equivalent Russian word - and trust are two things very important to Vladimir Romanov. That's how he's made his millions. VR has surrounded himself with people he believes in, and the 60 year-old is wary of nearly everybody else outwith his empire. There have even been occasions during his Tynecastle tenure when he has viewed certain employees in the same way...

If you're with him you're part of the set-up - if not then 'enemy' status is not far off.

As far as Vladimir Romanov is concerned, the likes of Mark McGhee and Vladimir Weiss are categorised in the latter column - with McGhee's about-turn in May (coupled with what happened with George Burley and Graham Rix) significantly damaging any lingering hopes of a Scot, or even a Brit, now getting the job and the complete autonomy of team selection that goes with it.

So where does Vlad go from here? That's the $64,000 question.

If I may be so bold, Mr Romanov, to give you one suggestion without being seen as an 'enemy'.

This managerial appointment is your final opportunity to redeem yourself in the eyes of the majority of Hearts supporters. There's still one last opportunity to get it right - even after six months - but the sand in this particular egg-timer is rapidly reaching the bottom.

The correct appointment would go a long way to getting this specific train back on track.

If not, then Mr Romanov, if you think it's been a rocky ride so far then you ain't seen nothing yet...

siegementality
We're tremendous! I'm sooooooooooooo f****n happy that I listened to all the true supporters and renewed. I can't beleive that we are watching the total meltdown of a once proud club.

How hard is it. Would you like the managers job at Hearts? I will give you full control and will allow you to bring in some new players within a set budget. Should you move on any players or reduce the overheads you can use that money to further strengthen the playing squad. Your salary will be ?350K and you will be rewarded with a longer deal should you avoid relegation.

Sorry guys but could the last one out remember to turn off the lights.

And that my friend is really just how simple it is.

There are numerous people on here now convincing themselves that Romanknob having a wee say in just the signing of players or something, is an acceptable idea. Well we now know at least two prospective managers, Weiss and Rober, didn't agree. McGhee didn't even get on the plane so we'll never know is true thoughts on what was going to be offered.

The club is a joke and Romanknob is a fecking clown.

siegementality

I spoke to a mate from Newcastle last week. He said that they even have a laugh at us down there. At least we're better known in Engerland, for all the wrong reasons! Gordies, given their current plight, are even taking the pesh.

All the vermin I've spoke to are not loving this. They actually feel sorry for us, they feel it's beyond a joke now. They'd actually try and help if we needed it.

Makes me absolutely sick. Sympathy from them.

I spoke to a cockney on holiday and he asked what team i supported,when i said Hearts,rightaway he said oh thats you's with tthe nutter of an owner

The politest way of saying that Kaunas players are sheee iiiiittee?

He could have watched Hearts first team and came to the same conclusion:p

whats the difference? :confused:

Rick Grimes

does the same at mine. but using .com sorts it right out :)

Captain America

We had a long talk about his philosophy and he used a flip chart to show how it would all work.

The flip chart was entitled

"A Idiot's guide to Fax Machines"

Guy is a joke.

I'm dreading next season.

At least last year we had Gretna to prop us up.

We could be in for a huge fall this year.

No decent manager will ever work under Romanov.

No decent player would ever want to come to Hearts given our selection policy.

Where does that leave us? FECKED.

crazy_jambo_2006

Of course it's a farce.

Romanov has turned our great club into a circus freakshow. Send in the clowns (oh, he already did that).

Taxi for Romanov. Restore our club into the hands of a proper football man.

This quote doesn't enthuse me with much confidence.

"Sprint coach Tom Ritchie is in charge of fitness and running until Wednesday, with ball work scheduled to start on Thursday.

However there could be one or two coaches brought over from Eastern Europe on a short-term basis to help with training."

Why does Malofeev spring to mind?

Romanov knows that Malofeev is the worst case scenario for us. As long as he keeps clear many Hearts fans will put up with the alternative.

inside right

Let the farce be with you - Brian Rix as next manager.At least he knows his way round a farce.

Fourcandles
Let the farce be with you - Brian Rix as next manager.At least he knows his way round a farce.

Romanov is the Farce

:mad:

Nelly Terraces

The comment from Moxy and the clubs being given the runaround just reaffirm everything reagrding Hearts. The club is in total across EVERY level and chaos is ensuing - it's not surprising however as it's been obvious for at least a year this has been the case.

Meanwhile in Lithuania the paranoid android sits doing nothing expect ranking up his already large amounts of baseless fear, suspicion and mistrust of anyone who dares actually go against any thought processes he may have. Total lunatic.

Archived