Benidorm Hearts SC

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

I have to share the experience I had last night.

Was fortunate enough to book my holidays to Benidorm prior to the Euro Championships.

I went into a bar yesterday with my Spanish top on, and asked the barman if there were going to be any Spanish in that particular bar that evening. He said unfortunately yes, thinking I didn?t want to spend my company with them. I explained that I wanted to sit with Spanish folk, and not your typical Brits, he kind of took me under his wing and invited me to spend the evening with him and his friends, as he finished working at 7pm.

Went and met him, and had the best night (Party wise) of my life. When I explained that I had about 200 Euro?s coming to me if Spain won, him and his friends said I would be their friends for life for having the belief to back Spain. Anyway, became a Spanish citizen last night, cried with my new found mates at the final whistle. The guys were amazing, never let me buy a round all night. Have a hazy memory of leaving the pub, we hopped in one of the guys cars (the guy driving was teatotal). I was out the roof with my new found Spanish mate (His name was Miguel) and we were waving Spanish flags out the roof of this guys car. We all did a tour of benidorm in a procession like fashion, before heading down to the beach to have the mother of all parties.

By the end of the evening, I was sharing a bottle of woodpecker with one of the local policemen, who seemed to be a bit worse for wear, but wasn?t caring either. I taught the whole group of my new found friends the Hearts song, and gave them a Scarf that I had in my bag (The *****e one from the semi again the Huns) to kick off their newly found Hearts supporters club. Well folks, not really any point to that, but it was one of the few ?Feel good?moments of my life that I felt I need to share with as many people as possible.

Viva Espana.

just back from benidorm on thursday watched the penalty shootout in the Gambrinus bar in the old town, brilliant atmosphere and that was only the quarters, jammy barsteward being there for the final, got a new toast going in that bar with the locals F' the Hibs. it must be catching on

chester copperpot
just back from benidorm on thursday watched the penalty shootout in the Gambrinus bar in the old town, brilliant atmosphere and that was only the quarters, jammy barsteward being there for the final, got a new toast going in that bar with the locals F' the Hibs. it must be catching on

Absolutely, my new pal was a Barca fan, and had him a bit offeded when I called him a typical Rangers and Cellick fan. Spent about an hour trying to convince him he was a gloryhunter, and should support his local team (which I could not name as I was a bit Lillian?d). I forgave him though when he promised that Hearts would be his second team and he?d follow their results each week.

chester copperpot
Sounds like a magical night mate.

It was up there mate. The only thing that topped it was The Cup victory in 98. One of these moments that I will never forget.

Say What Again

My sisters in Benidorm just now as well.

I'm glad your story didn't end up with you meeting some burd from Edinburgh and nailing her :brooding:

;)

I was in Spain during Euro 96 Andy. Spain were playing England and I went to a Spansih bar in Javea to watch the game.

They thought I was English no matter how many times I said I was Scottish and wanted them to get it right up them. Even when they got knocked out, still thinking I was English they put there hands out offering me congratulations. Great guys even when they get beat. Glad they won last night. :cool:

Absolutely, my new pal was a Barca fan, and had him a bit offeded when I called him a typical Rangers and Cellick fan. Spent about an hour trying to convince him he was a gloryhunter, and should support his local team (which I could not name as I was a bit Lillian?d). I forgave him though when he promised that Hearts would be his second team and he?d follow their results each week.

Not like you to get pashed Andy.:wacko:

Have to admit that at full time I did think you'd be joining in on the party.

chester copperpot
Not like you to get pashed Andy.:wacko:

Have to admit that at full time I did think you'd be joining in on the party.

Forgot to mention that I fell asleep on the beach and didn?t get in until 9am yesterday morning.

Only sobered up about 8pm last night.

Forgot to mention that I fell asleep on the beach and didn?t get in until 9am yesterday morning.

Yeh, Miguel is a really, really nice lad. The policeman sharing the Woodpecker, did he offer the Indian and the construction worker a swally also?

Bet the "craic" was good!

The Old Tolbooth
My sisters in Benidorm just now as well.

I'm glad your story didn't end up with you meeting some burd from Edinburgh and nailing her :brooding:

;)

You should see the text messages I got from Andy, that could well be the next chapter JoH ;)

You should see the text messages I got from Andy, that could well be the next chapter JoH ;)

same one as me???????

The Old Tolbooth
same one as me???????

Aye probably mate, we could start our own book ha ha!! :D

You're taking the pash now. Can't believe that at any time during this holiday that your going to sober up.:wacko:

chester copperpot
You're taking the pash now. Can't believe that at any time during this holiday that your going to sober up.:wacko:

Have a touch of sunstroke so will be having water only tonight to replenish my skin, well whats left of it.

The Old Tolbooth
Have a touch of sunstroke so will be having water only tonight to replenish my skin, well whats left of it.

Jesus, that amount of skin will take a whole freekin reservoir! :rolleyes:

chester copperpot
Jesus, that amount of skin will take a whole freekin reservoir! :rolleyes:

You?re getting battered when I get home.

Pumped a bird from Edinburgh last night, said her brother was a jambo. Better not mention his name on here in case he posts in here. ;)

Say What Again
Pumped a bird from Edinburgh last night, said her brother was a jambo. Better not mention his name on here in case he posts in here. ;)

Just spoke to my sis and she said the weather was great but she had a quiet time. Apparently though, her transvestite mate got ridden silly off some 'Hearts c***' who thought he was a bird. :eek:

Glad it wasn't me :)

The Old Tolbooth
Just spoke to my sis and she said the weather was great but she had a quiet time. Apparently though, her transvestite mate got ridden silly off some 'Hearts c***' who thought he was a bird. :eek:

Glad it wasn't me :)

:rofl:

chester copperpot
Oooof. Did she feel it?

TBF it was her pumping me. :surprised:

Archived