Republican Marches IN SCOTLAND

Alec Eiffel

Why have them?  Is it purely as a counter to the "Loyalist" Orange Parades?  I do not see why Republican Marches have any relevance in Scotland.  They should be banned and our Government can save the costs of policing them.   

Marches should be allowed infrequently and ensure the public are not inconvenienced often. 

The volume of marches lately has been ridiculous. In the case of Orange marches they should be limited to 1 day a year. If they want to march to celebrate something a tiny minority care about then it should never need to take place repeatedly causing disruption to people and incurring policing costs. 

If not - the Orange Order should pay for policing since their activities.*

*I'd also advocate other frequent marchers/organisations such as Yes Scotland etc.

Edited by Mysterion

If they must have them then they should have them in January or February.

And not in any built up area with a population of more than 3.

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

In the case of Orange marches they should be limited to 1 day a year. If they want to march to celebrate something a tiny minority care about then it should never need to take place repeatedly causing disruption to people and incurring policing costs. 

If not - the Orange Order should pay for policing since their activities.*

*I'd also advocate other frequent marchers/organisations such as Yes Scotland etc.

What is the purpose of it, what are they actually marching for? 

Montgomery Brewster

They should take them all to the wilderness , let both sides march up and down to their hearts content. Then give them all guns. 

Last man / woman standing wins the prize. The prize death by firing squad. 

A blight on society. 

If they want to display their love of 17th century history, they should join one of those battle reenactment groups. I'd pay to watch that. 

5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Seen your other posts - but yeah man, it's people living in the past. We live in a society where we shouldn't just ban everything - however I do think it's time they pulled it all together on one day and celebrated it if they so wish. 

11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I do not know.  I am a member of a Rugby Club, we march to the bar.

8 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Here’s why the OO March

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_walk

Not asking about the Orange Walks, they have a tradition behind them.  My question is these Republican Marches in Glasgow, and is there also a James Connolly March in Edinburgh? The cost of policing these marches is horrendous.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Seen your other posts - but yeah man, it's people living in the past. We live in a society where we shouldn't just ban everything - however I do think it's time they pulled it all together on one day and celebrated it if they so wish. 

Yeah, I do agree with you, that you don’t want to just ban everything. These marches however, are as you say, people living in the past. They are borne purely from hatred for others and are held to celebrate this and incite hatred towards them. There is no place for them in a modern society imo.

1 minute ago, Alec Eiffel said:

I do not know.  I am a member of a Rugby Club, we march to the bar.

:lol:

Agreement should be reached on the number of marches, the routes and the organisers held responsible for any really unsavoury behaviour.

As a sort of pro Scottish Republican, Irish tricolour not welcome.

been here before

Anyone else look at the thread title and think 'that looks pish' but click on it anyway because part of the title IS IN CAPS FOR EMPHASIS and overly dramatic effect?

Sorely disappointed.

Edited by been here before

58 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Should completely ban both sets of Neanderthals marching.

This is the only correct answer.

This thread can be closed now.

56 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:icon14:   :bravo:  Inadequate, low-life, sectarian bigots, each and every one.

If they want to celebrate their culture then it should be allowed as a festival and not marches .

Marches are what soldiers do and is provocative in these circumstances.

If it wasnt for the hatred theyd be a colourful part of Scottish culture.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Totally agree. They just get their kicks by annoying the other side and the rest of the population at the same time. 

The White Cockade

They march for exactly the same reason as the other side do 

They are complete Neanderthals 

Plenty of hatred but very little intelligence 

To be honest it’s incredible to anybody with half a brain that this kind of stuff still goes in in the 21st Century

5 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Not asking about the Orange Walks, they have a tradition behind them.  My question is these Republican Marches in Glasgow, and is there also a James Connolly March in Edinburgh? The cost of policing these marches is horrendous.

James Connolly was actually from Edinburgh firstly. Do a wee bit  of research into him. You might find he's not quite the guy you thought he would be. Back to your original post, I don't see the point in either Loyalist or Republican marches in this, the 21st century.

Should I tell the Quebec Separatists that they'll get a warm reception if they apply for a marching permit along Princes Street?

I'm not serious, of course, but all that marching stuff seems a bit archaic and pointless.

24 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Should I tell the Quebec Separatists that they'll get a warm reception if they apply for a marching permit along Princes Street?

I'm not serious, of course, but all that marching stuff seems a bit archaic and pointless.

Four Prime Ministers of Canada have been Orangemen. It's Canadian history now as well.

Shooter McGavin

“You’re scum!”

“Naw, you’re scum!”

”You shouldn’t be allowed to sing your songs!”

”Naw you shouldn’t be allowed to sing your songs!”

”You are stuck in the past!”

”Naw, you are stuck in the past!”

The End. Both sides of the divide are cringy b******* who should **** off into the wilderness and never bother society ever again. 

1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

Four Prime Ministers of Canada have been Orangemen. It's Canadian history now as well.

I'm surprised it's only four, tbh.

18 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Why have them?  Is it purely as a counter to the "Loyalist" Orange Parades?  I do not see why Republican Marches have any relevance in Scotland.  They should be banned and our Government can save the costs of policing them.   

What relevance have OO marches to Scotland?  The OO was founded in Armagh.

I'll be honest, marches don't really bother me. I've lived in Glasgow all my 42 years and they've hardly ever caused any sort of disruption to my day. 

12 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

The current US president is definitely an orange man :thumbsup:

There was an orange march through Prestonpans last year. 

There was that many drunken Rangers fans stotting about I thought I was in Tranent. 

20 hours ago, XB52 said:

Glad the blatant trolling by the op hasn't got the types of responses he was looking for.

This. P!ss poor attempt to be honest.

21 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

If they want to display their love of 17th century history, they should join one of those battle reenactment groups. I'd pay to watch that. 

Immediately pictured the Python's Women's Guild reenactment of Pearl Harbour. 

22 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

They should take them all to the wilderness , let both sides march up and down to their hearts content. Then give them all guns. 

A blight on society. 

Harsh but fair and cost effective 

The Real Maroonblood
22 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

A blight on society. 

:greatpost:

15 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Its publicity for their hateful cult. 

Theres no difference between them and a bunch of drag queens walking down the street to promote a local club.