League cup semi final fixtures

3fingersreid

Given that both the Glasgow teams look like they will go through ( not guaranteed but likely) and given they’re both in the europa league,  will the governing bodies have a solution to the potential fixture shambles similar to that which  happened last year ? 

If they go through and are kept apart would the team that has a home tie on the Thursday be made to play on Saturday at 3pm ? 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Given that both the Glasgow teams look like they will go through ( not guaranteed but likely) and given they’re both in the europa league,  will the governing bodies have a solution to the potential fixture shambles similar to that which  happened last year ? 

If they go through and are kept apart would the team that has a home tie on the Thursday be made to play on Saturday at 3pm ? 

I hadn't looked at the fixture lists but surely after last year's debacle they don't have the semi finals on the weekend after a European week?

A draw of us v. Celtic and Hibs v. Rangers would be a belter.

Naturally we will be playing Kilmarnock in the first semi final.

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

It's not a Europa League week. 

Can play games Saturday / Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's not a Europa League week. 

Can play games Saturday / Sunday. 

Fair enough , should’ve double checked rather than listening to my mate . 👍🏻👍🏻

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Fair enough , should’ve double checked rather than listening to my mate . 👍🏻👍🏻

No worries. 

The default is to assume they are stupid. Which is reasonable. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

As it's being run by a Scottish type football thingy. I would imagine both games to be on the same day, same pitch and most likely same time kick off for both. With no TV coverage and Hearts and one other team getting 5% of tickets. Between them.

8 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m genuinely amazed that they thought ahead and stopped it happening again . 

Me too. To be fair it was probably luck

16 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

As it's being run by a Scottish type football thingy. I would imagine both games to be on the same day, same pitch and most likely same time kick off for both. With no TV coverage and Hearts and one other team getting 5% of tickets. Between them.

Sounds about right 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m genuinely amazed that they thought ahead and stopped it happening again . 

Trial and error. 

Not sure there is much "thought" behind it tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Trial and error. 

Not sure there is much "thought" behind it tbh. 

Most likely eyes screwed shut, crossed fingers at ear level and hoping for the best.