Racist Hibs Fan abusing Uche

19/05/2012

19 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Heard some boy in our end call him lazy. Guessing that's because it's just the default word to use when you're not happy with a black player. 

Yeah i always feel thats been a racist  euphemism being used about the black players we have had...Zeefuk was called that and also Nade....

4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Big accusation. A lot of people on here recently making snide comments that are essentially accusing folk of racism on the back of criticism for certain players, Sean Clare being the most common example. Obviously some Hearts fans will be racist but I'd say the majority of folk just genuinely think Sean Clare is shite

Wasn't intended as an accusation, just spotting a pattern. Definitely don't think it's racism in a 'I hate black people' kind of way obviously, not sure what it is really, stereotyping? Racial profiling? Don't know. Uche has his faults, laziness definitely isn't one of them and even an actual racist would agree with that imo. 

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

If you don't get why that type of post isn't helpful then you really are quite simple.

I must be simple or you must be an Uber clever Snowflake please explain then why a post responding to a fellow Hearts fan accusing Hibs fans of being racist, whilst we are every bit as guilty in the past and in the present is unhelpful . 

How is that unhelpful when we are as bad , Ask Jake Mulraneys family If we are innocent of racism . 

My point was made in regards to the OP stirring up ill feeling between both sets of supporters whilst conveniently forgetting the points above. 

Jeezo  here's me having to explain it to you and I'm simple .. 😀

29 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wasn't intended as an accusation, just spotting a pattern. Definitely don't think it's racism in a 'I hate black people' kind of way obviously, not sure what it is really, stereotyping? Racial profiling? Don't know. Uche has his faults, laziness definitely isn't one of them and even an actual racist would agree with that imo. 

Racism is when one  ascribes certain characteristics to a group of people...There is a running theme re our black players about being " lazy".  Its a stereotype. Historically, particularly in the USA  blacks were labelled as not only lazy but intellectually inferior to white people.  

24 minutes ago, eyes open said:

I must be simple or you must be an Uber clever Snowflake please explain then why a post responding to a fellow Hearts fan accusing Hibs fans of being racist, whilst we are every bit as guilty in the past and in the present is unhelpful . 

How is that unhelpful when we are as bad , Ask Jake Mulraneys family If we are innocent of racism . 

My point was made in regards to the OP stirring up ill feeling between both sets of supporters whilst conveniently forgetting the points above. 

It is called whataboutery. Only this time in reverse.

"That hibs fan is a racist ****"

"Aye, but mind that time we were racists, best no bring it up, glass houses etc"

When you boil it down to that you don't combat racism you let it bubble and it becomes an even bigger problem. That's why it isn't helpful.

Drawing attention to any racist problem we have had previous to what happened on Sunday isn't relevant to this incident because Hearts fans rightly call out these twats in our own support.

Anyone who is racist is scum, Hearts or Hibs, but just because we have had racists in out support doesnt mean we can't call out other teams racists supporters. 

We all know there are fans of almost all clubs that have a racist element

You identify the culprit and take action.

There is no need for a 'I'm better than you' or 'not as bad as you' kind of discussion

Edited by CJGJ

10 hours ago, eyes open said:

People In Glass houses and all that....

I,m old enough to remember Hearts fans throwing bananas at Mark Walters when the old Rangers played us at Tynecastle all those years ago .

Being a young whipper snapper I laughed at the time ,Something I am ashamed of even now . For the record Walters was a good player to watch ,especially his wee lollipop move ! .. 

And over the years we have not improved it wasn't that long ago Mulraney's

family complained of hearing racial abuse directed at him from a Hearts Supporter.. 

So as I say people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... 

maybe the Op needs to get off that big horse ! 

The perfect tic fans.. through bananas at septic park the week before hearts mugs did it,at tyney , but very little said about the greatest support in the world    ?????  Funnily enough ??

3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

It is called whataboutery. Only this time in reverse.

"That hibs fan is a racist ****"

"Aye, but mind that time we were racists, best no bring it up, glass houses etc"

When you boil it down to that you don't combat racism you let it bubble and it becomes an even bigger problem. That's why it isn't helpful.

Drawing attention to any racist problem we have had previous to what happened on Sunday isn't relevant to this incident because Hearts fans rightly call out these twats in our own support.

Anyone who is racist is scum, Hearts or Hibs, but just because we have had racists in out support doesnt mean we can't call out other teams racists supporters. 

Reverse whataboutery??

Freud would be proud. Simpletons are getting the messages loud and clear.

How are you on Mental Health Issues? I could (seriously) do with a bit help.

"Look at the Hibbies, scum." No.

"Look at the scum." Yes.

Simples. Zero whataboutery whatsoever whatsyerpuss????

Stick in there. Thanks for trying though.

4 hours ago, eyes open said:

Just seen your latest post and then checked your other ones. Can I just say. FTH

58 minutes ago, Sraman said:

Reverse whataboutery??

Freud would be proud. Simpletons are getting the messages loud and clear.

How are you on Mental Health Issues? I could (seriously) do with a bit help.

"Look at the Hibbies, scum." No.

"Look at the scum." Yes.

Simples. Zero whataboutery whatsoever whatsyerpuss????

Stick in there. Thanks for trying though.

Aye. Whataboutery would be;

Someone saying "oh that Hearts fan is racist" and one of us going "aye but what about Hibs, they are racist also, don't forget that"

This example of not being able to call out a Hibs fan being racist because we have had issues is the same, just backwards from our own fans point of view.

I've already stated, no matter the allegiance, racists are scum.

If you need help with Mental Health I'd advise contacting a professional 👍🏻

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Racism is when one  ascribes certain characteristics to a group of people...There is a running theme re our black players about being " lazy".  Its a stereotype. Historically, particularly in the USA  blacks were labelled as not only lazy but intellectually inferior to white people.  

What about labelling gingers as shite at getting suntans? 

Tynecastlesmychurch

I'd be interested to know if the person or persons who shouted the abuse would be brave enough to say it to Uches face? 

Just a thought.

14 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Rumours various African nations are looking into the eligibility of lazy Jamie Walker. 

...a bit disco

From BBC Gossip.

The Scottish government has demanded the Scottish FA and SPFL do more to rid football of racism, as Hibernian launch a probe into claims Hearts striker Uche Ikpeazu was targeted for abuse in Sunday's Edinburgh derby. (Daily Record)

37 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

From BBC Gossip.

The Scottish government has demanded the Scottish FA and SPFL do more to rid football of racism, as Hibernian launch a probe into claims Hearts striker Uche Ikpeazu was targeted for abuse in Sunday's Edinburgh derby. (Daily Record)

Humza just giving it hollow platitudes and lip-service from what I read.

21 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. The racist twat was strangely quiet when both goals went in.

Seeing the Dunbar stand erupt like that, from this angle (from the vermin end) is absolutely glorious 🇱🇻

The split second of silence before you hear the roar is class!

20 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah i always feel thats been a racist  euphemism being used about the black players we have had...Zeefuk was called that and also Nade....

Literally a lazy stereotype.

Clark Griswold

I thought Clare was lazy on Sunday with not tracking back, making no effort to win the ball back at times. I would have thought the same if it was Berra doing the same thing. Dont see how that's racist.

27 minutes ago, Cal_ said:

The split second of silence before you hear the roar is class!

Absolutely! Must have watched the goals about 100 times.

The air of anticipation by the near 4000 Jambos before the ball nestles in the onion bag, followed by a cacophony of noise - wonderful scenes! 

On 22/09/2019 at 21:57, Deek said:

And our fans our perfect? 

It it was wrong but let’s not sweep under the carpet that we are not holier than thought. 

What a horrendous reaction. I'd like to think if this was one of our fans we would be reacting in the exact same way and trying to have some action taken.

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Rumours various African nations are looking into the eligibility of lazy Jamie Walker. 

:D

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

From BBC Gossip.

Good. They should launch a probe right up the wee arse. 

21 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Nade was lazy. 

1 hour ago, mc2607 said:

What a horrendous reaction. I'd like to think if this was one of our fans we would be reacting in the exact same way and trying to have some action taken.

Seen it happen lots of times over the years, in various parts of the ground and in numerous away grounds. Nothing happened. Maybe we all grumbled on the internet about it but in reality nobody does jack shit (generally of course).

Edited by GinRummy

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Prof said:

Fair dos to some Hibbies. The majority of posters on Hibs.nutter.com were slamming the racist moron.

And yet not a single Hibs fan thought to challenge him at the time? It's all very well giving him both barrels from the safety of a keyboard. 

28 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And yet not a single Hibs fan thought to challenge him at the time? It's all very well giving him both barrels from the safety of a keyboard. 

Fair point.