Captain

Sagan

Berra is a fighter but what has happened to his footballing ability?! Its gone from low to non-existent. 

Halkett is a great player but Naismith or Whelan are the captains. 

Glad we've got some more leaders emerging.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I thought Berra was steadier than Halkett today and that’s saying something (I’m not a Berra fan).

Yep. Attention-seeking nonsense coming after an excellent and composed performance today. 

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I thought Berra was steadier than Halkett today and that’s saying something (I’m not a Berra fan).

I thought Halkett was immense, stuck to his job as a defender and done everything right. 

Berra didn't make any silly mistakes today but it's time to move forward and get some more pace and agility in the team. 

Edited by Sagan

chester copperpot

Berra was great today also. 

I hate this ****ing attitude of him being done. Hes not been to his usual highest standards but still more than good enough for us 

Edited by chester copperpot

Just now, Sagan said:

I thought Halkett was immense, stuck to his job as a defender and done everything right. 

Berra didn't make any silly mistakes today but it's time to move forward and get some more pace in the team. 

Not disagreeing on the whole, but I’m not going to slate Berra after that performance today.  My issue with Halkett though is that his clearing headers are too short and he’s prone to giving away stupid free kicks outside the box (which is stupid when Mallan’s playing).

Whelan protecting Berra and Smith covering his lack of pace worked well today, away from home we sit deeper which suits Berra much better attacking the ball. 

If we could just keep a regular defence for a while I think we'd become very hard to beat again, all the changes ruin continuity.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Craig Halkett, full stop. 

It's time to move onwards and upwards. 

Drop Berra and bring back jimmy dunne. 

Doing yer job for you here Craig. 

0959047C-EFE8-4451-80EE-2ED373F8C8B2.gif.0dd200b5a09b29ee4521f389b8151f58.gif.46d442f86b5cc7b71d14f92fa8c7a076.gif

I'm not slating berra, he did well today but it's time to move forward. 

Players like Berra and Clare have been a main stay in a team that have been underperforming for months. 

Look what happened when clair came off today, We ****ing won!

Snap out of it folks. 

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Whelan protecting Berra and Smith covering his lack of pace worked well today, away from home we sit deeper which suits Berra much better attacking the ball. 

If we could just keep a regular defence for a while I think we'd become very hard to beat again, all the changes ruin continuity.

Good post, Noah. 

That's two in the last few days. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Berra was good today. A lot of folk saying he is finished, I disagree with that sentiment. He can do a job for us. He looked fitter and faster today and I think he still has a lot to offer. 

Halkett, no need to thrust any armband on him just let him keep playing his football. He is getting better and better and a big part of that is due to playing alongside the 40 cap experience of Berra. 

Smith was very influential too, as was the keeper, and the outstanding Hickey 

Hope we can put a good defensive run together now. Every player is important 

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Berra didn't make any silly mistakes today but it's time to move forward and get some more pace and agility in the team. 

You're not slating Berra but you say he should be dropped. 

You couldn't make it up!

Yet you do.

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

I hate this ****ing attitude of him being done. Hes not been to his usual highest standards but still more than good enough for us 

couldn't agree more mate  . thought Berra was superb today FTH 

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

You're not slating Berra but you say he should be dropped. 

You couldn't make it up!

Yet you do.

I'm not slating him for this one game, he did ok, no mistakes for a change. 

I think he should be dropped and the captaincy handed over to the new breed (Halkett)

Not that there's any point explaining it to you since you're obviously bonkers. 

Berra was ok today but anyone who can’t see he’s past it are just as guilty of the same kind of loyalty we are all accusing CL has over AB, Berra with the ball at his feet is a bombscare, his positional sense has gone to pot because he just hasn’t got the pace to turn, he should be dropped as soon as souttar is fit and then we can build from the back with both Halkett and souttar both very calm and composed on the ball. 

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

I hate the attitude of "still more than good enough for US"

What do you mean by that? Are you happy to for us to be bang average until the end of time?

Keep strolling along to tynecastle just happy to have a club?

Edited by Sagan

I want winners at our club from top to bottom. I want europe and i want to be beating teams in europe. 

That might be a crazy thought for some people but if it is... jog on and support raith rovers. 

Berra was much better today. Hopefully that’s him out of his malaise. Agree with above; Whelan made a huge difference. Think that formation and position suited him mich better too.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Berra was good today. A lot of folk saying he is finished, I disagree with that sentiment. He can do a job for us. He looked fitter and faster today and I think he still has a lot to offer. 

Halkett, no need to thrust any armband on him just let him keep playing his football. He is getting better and better and a big part of that is due to playing alongside the 40 cap experience of Berra. 

Smith was very influential too, as was the keeper, and the outstanding Hickey 

Hope we can put a good defensive run together now. Every player is important 

Tbh the keeper still makes me feel a bit uneasy with his handling of the ball. 

We have 3 average keepers at the moment. 

Berra was great today. The natural captain in the current squad is Smith, though.

I’m not fully convinced by Halkett. He was very good today, though. 

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Beat Hibs away from home with our

first league win and you start this thread?

Entirely unsurprising. 

chester copperpot
24 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I hate the attitude of "still more than good enough for US"

What do you mean by that? Are you happy to for us to be bang average until the end of time?

Keep strolling along to tynecastle just happy to have a club?

Says one of the most negative ***** on here.

**** off why don't you.

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Beat Hibs away from home with our

first league win and you start this thread?

Entirely unsurprising. 

My head says, You take the win and you move on. Hibs are insignificant. 

It's great that we've made those clowns look even worse than they already are but i'm thinking about the future of our club. 

I can easily snap into oohhh the hibees are gay mode but there's a bigger picture and we'll most likely be back to losing next week. It wasn't a great performance and we have serious issues inside the club with injuries etc. 

I don't think it makes much difference who the captain is, every player has the ability to speak and motivate on the pitch not just the captain. Having players in different areas of the park that are vocal has to benefit the team. Berra has a long standing association with the club so is probably the reason he is captain. 

17 minutes ago, Sagan said:

My head says, You take the win and you move on. Hibs are insignificant. 

It's great that we've made those clowns look even worse than they already are but i'm thinking about the future of our club. 

I can easily snap into oohhh the hibees are gay mode but there's a bigger picture and we'll most likely be back to losing next week. It wasn't a great performance and we have serious issues inside the club with injuries etc. 

So why post the OP today?

5 minutes ago, jackal said:

I don't think it makes much difference who the captain is, every player has the ability to speak and motivate on the pitch not just the captain. Having players in different areas of the park that are vocal has to benefit the team. Berra has a long standing association with the club so is probably the reason he is captain. 

I've never actually rated berra if i'm honest, but when he first came back he was immense. 

Same with Andy Webster, always though Pressley carried him but when he came back.. he did a job. 

But yeah, pressley was better than webster, Halkett is better than berra. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Can you not just take a day off from constantly posting negative stuff? We've just won the derby at Easter Road, try and enjoy it.

I'll enjoy it when i get to see them face to face on tuesday.

1 hour ago, Russ1977 said:

Berra’s best game in ages, he had Kamberi in his back pocket all day. 

This 100% thought he had a great game today..".

2 hours ago, Sagan said:

Agreed - I said that about Berra a while back but got  stick for it from the usual crowd - so be prepared 😂

2 hours ago, Sagan said:

I'm not slating berra, he did well today but it's time to move forward. 

Players like Berra and Clare have been a main stay in a team that have been underperforming for months. 

Look what happened when clair came off today, We ****ing won!

Snap out of it folks. 

I would hardly call Clare a “mainstay”. He’s been a bit part player since he arrived.  Promised so much but delivered so little is what I would say about him.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I would hardly call Clare a “mainstay”. He’s been a bit part player since he arrived.  Promised so much but delivered so little is what I would say about him.

He's played near enough every game! ha. C'mon mate. 

Just now, Sagan said:

He's played near enough every game! ha. C'mon mate. 

He may have been picked in every game but putting in a performance is what makes you a mainstay. He hardly done that.  I see a player there. There is no doubt that he has the ability it’s more of a case of whether he has the bottle or the will to put in a performance.  For me the jury is still out as far as he is concerned.  I would love to see him kick on and prove the doubters wrong. It’s just that so far I don’t see a player with the will to do that.

1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Err no, being picked and playing every week is a mainstay, regardless of how bang average he is. 

Well there my friend we disagree.

1 minute ago, Graham Thomson said:

Glen Whelan would be my captain, talks helps people through the game, a natural leader!! 

Nut, he's been here 10 minutes. Halkett has been superb from day one. He's the best defender we have and i would put him a head of souttar.  

gorgie rd eh11
2 hours ago, Sagan said:

:lol: