Captain

Sagan

Thought Berra played his captains role well today, especially the last 20 minutes or so talking his team mates through and, hardly put a foot wrong himself, Halkett may in the future prove to be a leader,  but imo he's a little off captain material just yet, no doubting his ability as a defender with the gift of chipping in with goals....

I don’t necessarily disagree that Berra’s best years are behind him and he has been looking shaky, but it’s bizarre to raise this on the day he’s had his best game so far this season, when we’ve had our best result of the season. A run of steady results and some continuity of selection and I think there’s life in him yet. If we’re talking about next in line for the captaincy, if it’s not Naismith it has to be Michael Smith in my opinion. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
35 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Nut, he's been here 10 minutes. Halkett has been superb from day one. He's the best defender we have and i would put him a head of souttar.  

Halkett has been here 15 minutes pal. Anyway it doesn’t matter Naismith and whelan are the on pitch leaders.

Just now, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Halkett has been here 15 minutes pal. Anyway it doesn’t matter Naismith and whelan are the on pitch leaders.

Naismith on the pitch? if only. 

I would have to agree with you, Mr consistent Michael Smith would/should be a shoe in to be our next captain 👍

2 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

I don’t necessarily disagree that Berra’s best years are behind him and he has been looking shaky, but it’s bizarre to raise this on the day he’s had his best game so far this season, when we’ve had our best result of the season. A run of steady results and some continuity of selection and I think there’s life in him yet. If we’re talking about next in line for the captaincy, if it’s not Naismith it has to be Michael Smith in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Sagan said:

Craig Halkett, full stop. 

It's time to move onwards and upwards. 

Drop Berra and bring back jimmy dunne. 

Doing yer job for you here Craig. 

👍

Sexton Hardcastle

Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone lose their ability in such a short period of time. A year ago he was a rock and now he never wants the ball and just makes you uneasy when in possession.

2 hours ago, Sagan said:

My head says, You take the win and you move on. Hibs are insignificant. 

It's great that we've made those clowns look even worse than they already are but i'm thinking about the future of our club. 

I can easily snap into oohhh the hibees are gay mode but there's a bigger picture and we'll most likely be back to losing next week. It wasn't a great performance and we have serious issues inside the club with injuries etc. 

You are obsessed with that song, eh? You keep mentioning it and posting videos of it. Not suspect at all.

5 hours ago, Sagan said:

I thought Halkett was immense, stuck to his job as a defender and done everything right. 

Berra didn't make any silly mistakes today but it's time to move forward and get some more pace and agility in the team. 

Halkett is 24, he will definitely never play in the EPL, likely never play in the English Championship and will only amass a handful of caps, for perhaps the worst Scotland team ever. Berra is, and will continue to be, a first name on the team sheet. I do like Halkett though. Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays at Hearts for a long time.

48 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone lose their ability in such a short period of time. A year ago he was a rock and now he never wants the ball and just makes you uneasy when in possession.

Berra has always been poor with the ball at his feet, otherwise he would have been playing for clubs like Everton and Spurs instead of Wolves and Ipswich. He also got an assist today and shut our Hibs, wonder goal aside!

5 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Berra is a fighter but what has happened to his footballing ability?! Its gone from low to non-existent. 

Halkett is a great player but Naismith or Whelan are the captains. 

Glad we've got some more leaders emerging.

Halkett is a great player, what about his pass out of defence which almost cost us a 2nd goal, soŕry don't get the hype over him