It's John Beaton

Smoked-Glass

Could have absolutely ****ed us at the end. Didn't. 

Overall thought he was okay, bit unhappy at some of the treatment Meshino was getting. We shouldn't be allowing the talented players in the league to get bullied by cloggers (talking generally speaking).

Meshino was blatantly hauled down right in front of him as we were breaking, he played advantage but didn't book their player when the play stopped.  Got the big call right though.   Think he'd decided to try to keep his cards in his pockets today, he'd only refer one previous Derby and sent two players off.

30 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well done to him for spotting hand ball at end ! Should've booked hibs player for trying to con him

Deliberate handball has to be a yellow. Porteous tackle on whelan was brutal. High, late and completely out of control and we never even got a free kick🙈

Shocking performance. 

There could, and should, have been 4 more bookings for Hibs players today. 

The only saving grace was that he saw the hand ball.

I'm sure he has refused to give uche a foul ever unless it's in a pointless place. Mallam pulled back Meshino twice while breaking and not even a warning. Always making sure our throw ins are the exact spot yet not to bothered about other teams yard stealing. 

31 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Meshino was blatantly hauled down right in front of him as we were breaking, he played advantage but didn't book their player when the play stopped.  Got the big call right though.   Think he'd decided to try to keep his cards in his pockets today, he'd only refer one previous Derby and sent two players off.

That happened more than once.  He should also have booked the hobo at the end for hand-balling into the net.

He was crap but it didn't hurt is this time.

15 minutes ago, Yoda said:

That happened more than once.  He should also have booked the hobo at the end for hand-balling into the net.

He was crap but it didn't hurt is this time.

Yeah, I was a bit bemused at that. If he was already on a booking for arguments sake, I'd have expected him to walk. He should have been booked. Its the same as diving. Deliberate act to deceive the official. 

Porteous got away with murder, and Meshino was hauled down off the ball 2 or 3 times with no action. Pretty poor show tbh. 

RalphieCifaretto
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I was a bit bemused at that. If he was already on a booking for arguments sake, I'd have expected him to walk. He should have been booked. Its the same as diving. Deliberate act to deceive the official. 

Porteous got away with murder, and Meshino was hauled down off the ball 2 or 3 times with no action. Pretty poor show tbh. 

This. I could not believe that Meshino got tugged back CLEARLY twice right in front of Beaton, and no booking.  The handball at the end also a clear booking, as well as Porteous' assault on Whelan. Nearly forgot Mulraney was chopped down running into Hibs half when he had knocked the ball right past that huddy Vela, again right in front of Beaton. 5 IMO clear bookings  - wonder if the match delegate picks up on any of that. Poor performance from Beaton.

But anyways great win, FTH

Edited by RalphieCifaretto