It's John Beaton

Smoked-Glass

We’ve barely won a game in the last year with a whole raft of different refs so I’m not thinking Beaton will make much difference to Sunday’s result. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

cue a 3 page thread with folk saying he's sh-te or OK....

Difficult to see how anyone who has watched him officiate could conclude that he’s ok...

Actually I think the last time I watched him referee us he was not too bad, but that was the only time.

14 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

So now looking at hibs odds to win in bookies 

Why? If he's a so-called hun then he'll want to get it up Hibs more than us. No?

Oh aye, I forgot every ref has it in for us etc

Refs are the least of our worries atm.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t think the refs have been that bad so far this season. I don’t even mind John Beaton tbf. Hopefully he lets the game flow. 

You’re a more patient man than I am CT! 

Can’t stand the incompetent fool myself. 

17 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t think the refs have been that bad so far this season. I don’t even mind John Beaton tbf. Hopefully he lets the game flow. 

Why would he do that when everyone is there to watch him (at least in his twisted mind)

NaturalOrder74

awk If we just play good football it doesn’t matter who the ref is hibs are absolutely shite and if we go for it we could absolutely batter them 

1 hour ago, Russ1977 said:

We’ve barely won a game in the last year with a whole raft of different refs so I’m not thinking Beaton will make much difference to Sunday’s result. 

Haha. That made me laugh.

I doubt it'll be dodgy refereeing that decides the game. More like dodgy defending or goalkeeping and an inability to.score from the losing team. Ie. Hibs

52 minutes ago, King prawn said:

You’re a more patient man than I am CT! 

Can’t stand the incompetent fool myself. 

It is what it is. 🤷🏼‍♂️

38 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Why would he do that when everyone is there to watch him (at least in his twisted mind)

I’ve seen Beaton have decent games. Andrew Dallas is the worst out of the lot of them btw, if that’s any consolation.

For me refs who you forget are even there and just let it flow but still control it when they need to, are the best. We want it to be fiesty, end to end, the last thing we want is refs blowing their whistle every 30 seconds. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

For me refs who you forget are even there and just let it flow but still control it when they need to, are the best. We want it to be fiesty, end to end, the last thing we want is refs blowing their whistle every 30 seconds. 

Exactly, Beaton is far too central to everything that happens, although when it comes to the "look at me" style of refereeing, Madden is way out in front

The Old Tolbooth

It matter not a jot who the ref is, we've still got Levein in charge....somehow! 

The funny thing is, Hibs fans I know are saying we'll win, and I just can't fathom out how they come to that conclusion when we haven't won a league game for months now, it's baffling!

Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

It matter not a jot who the ref is, we've still got Levein in charge....somehow! 

The funny thing is, Hibs fans I know are saying we'll win, and I just can't fathom out how they come to that conclusion when we haven't won a league game for months now, it's baffling!

In a way they’re in the situation we have often found ourselves in - facing a team that can’t buy a win. We usually seem to operate a free-gift scheme for strugglers. They’ll be worried it’s going to happen to them.

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Reverse psychology

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

In a way they’re in the situation we have often found ourselves in - facing a team that can’t buy a win. We usually seem to operate a free-gift scheme for strugglers. They’ll be worried it’s going to happen to them.

2 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Reverse psychology

One of them did mention something quite funny, he asked if Hibs would be cheering Hearts goals, and vice versa!  :D 

Keep as much possession of the Football as possible and fall over under any contact or not. Play the percentages, Beaton doesn't know what a foul is and will blow up at every opportunity. 

Play the ref as much as Hibs and use him instead of fighting him.

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

cue a 3 page thread with folk saying he's sh-te or OK....

If we get beat, it won't be because Cheaton is a shite corrupt referee....

3 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Just shows you how many refs are out to get us! 😉

43 minutes ago, H2 said:

image.thumb.png.0d68e5e7b4fa6492aace88f442ea94c9.png

Halkett is worth a wee flutter.

Edit: is Berra injured? Peebles-type responses perfectly fair.

Edited by leginten

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Why? If he's a so-called hun then he'll want to get it up Hibs more than us. No?

Oh aye, I forgot every ref has it in for us etc

Refs are the least of our worries atm.

This 

He might be in a mood to be nice to us after sinking a few pints bought by Jambos, while watching the The Rangers game in The Artisan at 12:15. Photos post-match would be good. 👍

Edited by Shaggy2

The main thing I thought when I saw it was beaton was that it was a nightmare for uche. He blows for a free kick as soon as the big man breathes on another player. 

queensferryjambo

The great thing about John Beaton is the amount of incredibly baffling decisions he makes. Great talking points after the match, pure entertainment.

His crowning glory for me was the 2-1 win over Aberdeen last season with a row of guys from England sitting behind me laughing at his every horrendous decision.

When I told them he was one of Scotland's top rated referees and one of our FIFA refs they thought I was taking the piss out of them. One of the guys even checked online on their phone because he thought I was on the wind up.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, leginten said:

Difficult to see how anyone who has watched him officiate could conclude that he’s ok...

Actually I think the last time I watched him referee us he was not too bad, but that was the only time.

You saying he was OK last time? 

😉

11 hours ago, rmreido said:

If we play well enough, & win, who cares who the ref is, big IF tho

Shouldn't need to worry who ref is ,,if team play to strengths and show the desire that's needed to win a city derby .....🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

9 hours ago, leginten said:

Halkett is worth a wee flutter.

Edit: is Berra injured? Peebles-type responses perfectly fair.

Between 28 and 33/1 FGS on Sunday. 

7 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Missed three easy yellow cards.

Baffling stuff.

Absolutely! 🤬 

Wasn't frustrated at him. Which for me is a sign the ref did OK. Could he have booked more of the big physical Hibs thugs, absolutely. Did he let the game flow, yes.

queensferryjambo

If we had lost today we would have been raging about his baffling lack of yellows for Hibs players.

We win and Beaton is off the hook.

I can live with that :)