Fernando Ricksen R.I.P.

Homme

9 hours ago, Stokesy said:

I didn't click on the link as I don't want to give those twats any advertising revenue. Ambushed him at the airport and shoved a camera in his face while telling him the news apparently.

Screenshot_20190918-220723.png

Absolutely disgusting but not surprised by that rag. 

The article is no longer online after the amount of backlash it (rightly) caused.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martin_T

• micole

• Homme

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

https://granderouge.wordpress.com/2019/09/19/in-solidarity-with-fernando/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This is the blog I wrote today on the death of Fernando and the burden of neurological illness.

Good blog Martin and thanks for sharing. Another neurological illness, Arterio Sclerotic Dementia, runs in my mother's side of the family and is, I believe, hereditory. Unlike MND however it is not in itself fatal. Although I despise Rangers with a passion their fans have done Fernando proud so far tonight. RIP Fernando.

Dreadful news and an absolutely horrific disease.

I was at a dinner last night where Doddie Weir was speaking. You can see the horrible effects MND has now taken on him but what an absolute inspiration of a guy!

The Future's Maroon

RIP Fernando, a great inspiration to many the way he fought that. Raised loads for research into finding a cure which hopefully one day we will find.

Such a horrible horrible disease MND is, I have mentioned before I cared and watched my grandad waste away over a couple of years with this so I know plenty about it.

On 18/09/2019 at 13:50, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I hated him as a player - I can’t deny that - but he’s been inspirational. Desperately sad.

Oh and the Daily Record picturing Mols in tears at Glasgow Airport - why don’t you just give up you idiots?

Stopped reading that rag years ago, that is disgusting praying on someone's grief to get a story , despicable....😡😡

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

RIP Fernando, a great inspiration to many the way he fought that. Raised loads for research into finding a cure which hopefully one day we will find.

Such a horrible horrible disease MND is, I have mentioned before I cared and watched my grandad waste away over a couple of years with this so I know plenty about it.

Yup FM , as I said on a previous post a relation of mine died of MND he was in his early 60's and the transformation in the space of a year was staggering. He was a fit man and he just wasted away, If any good has come out of Frenandos passing it raises the profile of MND and hopefully a cure can be found.

17 hours ago, Martin_T said:

https://granderouge.wordpress.com/2019/09/19/in-solidarity-with-fernando/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This is the blog I wrote today on the death of Fernando and the burden of neurological illness.

Good blog. I have a neurological condition as well ( well controlled at the moment ) and, until diagnosis, it is scary imagining what horrific thing it is that you have and what the impact might be. I had a friend who died of MND aged 40 and it was horrible to watch him decline over a few years but also inspiring to see how he faced up to the ever worsening symptoms. Not a nice way to go.

RIP Fernando. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, micole said:

Stopped reading that rag years ago, that is disgusting praying on someone's grief to get a story , despicable....😡😡

My mate had a copy in his house last I went up (I live in England). It was like Viz without the jokes, the satire or the wit. Truly toilet paper.

Rangers will be fined for their lovely ode to Ricksen last night. Bigotry from the first whistle

to the last. After the 2 minute applause the band started playing “we’ll be coming” the Ulster Volunteer version. Strange bunch. 

39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Good blog. I have a neurological condition as well ( well controlled at the moment ) and, until diagnosis, it is scary imagining what horrific thing it is that you have and what the impact might be. I had a friend who died of MND aged 40 and it was horrible to watch him decline over a few years but also inspiring to see how he faced up to the ever worsening symptoms. Not a nice way to go.

RIP Fernando. 

Sorry to hear of your condition Dave, but glad to hear that it's well controlled. I'm lucky in so much as so far my symptoms are well controlled as well and I'm still able to work full time and take up my seat in Row 30 of the Wheatfield Stand on matchdays at Tynecastle as well.

There is a lot of progress being made in Neuroscience, but it's also true to say that the more we understand of the how the brain works, the more it seems there is still to understand. That said, medical history tells us that it is not always necessary to have a full understanding of biology in order to deliver good treatments to patients.

18 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Very interesting and heart felt.

Best wishes to you and your family in fighting Parkinson's.

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Very interesting and heart felt.

Best wishes to you and your family in fighting Parkinson's.

Thank you.