Jump to content
Rudy T

Sunday at 2.45

Recommended Posts

RobNox
1 hour ago, cruzabic said:

Let's get in the man that was at the helm when we got relegated to fire up a squad...aye?

 

Yeah, when we were relegated after a 15 points deduction and only 2 outfield players aged over 21 and not allowed to sign any other players.

 

A manager who won 4 games out of 5 against the Hobos and a team that picked up more points than them over the league campaign.

 

You don't think he could fire up the current squad to perform well above the mediocrity that we've been witnessing for the past year?

 

I'm not saying we should appoint Locke, but to criticise him for getting us relegated is way out of order.  Romanov got us relegated, he sowed the seeds that left us in the predicament we found ourselves in.  Locke tried to pick up the pieces of the shambles he inherited, but basically had an U21 side at his disposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

We've been shite, but if it wasn't for the brain farts would have more points imo and we did play well v motherwell away. 

Damour, Smith, Naismith and Meshino all starting gives me confidence as well. 

 

I don't think they've played a good game all season. 

They managed a win v St mirren but according to them they've been poor in every game and been getting worse. 

 

They also know, CL will get them up for ER and if any game will turn our season around, they know it's them. 

 

 

Actually glad it's away as well. 

 

A look over there makes this place look like a party 😂😂😂

 

Certainly cheered me up a bit. :clubbed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

At least one of our fellow posters would take issue with you.  I'm not claiming factual knowledge but usually there's no smoke without fire.

 

Maybe it's true, but it's not in the public domain as far as I'm aware. 

 

It's immaterial anyway in terms of the bigger picture bit often big personalities and egos clash at the workplace, plenty of them in football so hardly news imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cruzabic
10 hours ago, RobNox said:

 

Yeah, when we were relegated after a 15 points deduction and only 2 outfield players aged over 21 and not allowed to sign any other players.

 

A manager who won 4 games out of 5 against the Hobos and a team that picked up more points than them over the league campaign.

 

You don't think he could fire up the current squad to perform well above the mediocrity that we've been witnessing for the past year?

 

I'm not saying we should appoint Locke, but to criticise him for getting us relegated is way out of order.  Romanov got us relegated, he sowed the seeds that left us in the predicament we found ourselves in.  Locke tried to pick up the pieces of the shambles he inherited, but basically had an U21 side at his disposal.

 

No criticism at all. Locke done what he could. I just think to get him in as a motivational speaker on the regards that we have no basis of his motivation tactics working considering we got relegated. That is all. Love locke see him a lot at hospitality so it's nothing on him. I think the ops post is stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy

We could get Al Pacino into the dressing room to recite his speech from Any Given Sunday and it won’t make up for the manager and his complete lack of tactical nous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salvator
13 hours ago, cruzabic said:

Let's get in the man that was at the helm when we got relegated to fire up a squad...aye?

Aye, the man that still won us 4 out of 5 derbies that season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mort

We don't win matches. It's really hard to see this one being any different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voiceofreasonfortheseason
14 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Levein is by no means perfect. Flawed in many ways and is in all probability about to leave us.

 

However he required no motivation in getting his teams up for a visit to Easter Road.

 

Perhaps this is his swan song??

Why do we still go down this stupid romantic vision when it comes to Levein and Hibs.  This is the reason we are in such a mess, so short sighted.  If we win on Sunday I will be delighted but then the reality of what this actually means will kick in.  Wake up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thommo414
15 hours ago, lost in space said:

True. It's the other 11 teams he seems to have lost script for.

10 surely, no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost in space
20 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

10 surely, no? 

No, 11. He has lost script over Hearts too.:P

Edited by lost in space
To add comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JH-HMFC

Ref is John Beaton according to EEN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
17 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

He should have been firing them up for weeks!

Or ten months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fort Vallance
17 hours ago, cruzabic said:

Let's get in the man that was at the helm when we got relegated to fire up a squad...aye?

Aye.

Edited by Fort Vallance
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
17 hours ago, Old Castle Rock said:

If we had Messi and Ronaldo in that dressing room I still wouldn't be confident of winning 

I would. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
18 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I want Gary Locke in that dressing room at Easter Road telling each and everyone of those players that they are playing for the memory of Bobby Prentice and destroy that mob 8-0 to send a message to Jim Jeffries, that no matter how bad things are this club, players and fans stand together and will fight for its own!! 

Leveins derby record as player and manager is outstanding. No need to doubt he knows it’s all about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
17 hours ago, Rudy T said:

 

He can’t! So let’s get someone in who can. I’m angry tonight thinking about JJ a true legend who would never let a 11 men in maroon jerseys roll over at Tynecastle the way the current regime are.  

You obviously weren’t there when JJ was in the team that lost 7-0 at home to a team from Leith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Seems to me there is a line-up of truly great Hearts men who can't wait to see levein leave the building.  By my count just over recent days, I've heard that JJ, Gary Mackay and Gary Locke are in that camp.  There's also Michael Stewart of course.  I suppose there will be others.

 

That is just toxic for Hearts.  It's not fanciful to suppose that some current players may also be in the same camp.

 

Do the right thing Dr Budge.

Hard to see how you can justify calling Locke a ‘truly great Hearts man’. He is a Hearts fan, was a good player for a year or so until his injury, poor to average after his injury and a very poor to average manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You obviously weren’t there when JJ was in the team that lost 7-0 at home to a team from Leith. 

 

Thats a low blow at this time of all times!! 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

At least one of our fellow posters would take issue with you.  I'm not claiming factual knowledge but usually there's no smoke without fire.

JJ doesn’t like Levein, mainly because he fired his favourite ie Locke as soon as he returned to us after Admin. JJ, BB and Locke thick as thieves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
15 hours ago, RobNox said:

 

Yeah, when we were relegated after a 15 points deduction and only 2 outfield players aged over 21 and not allowed to sign any other players.

 

A manager who won 4 games out of 5 against the Hobos and a team that picked up more points than them over the league campaign.

 

You don't think he could fire up the current squad to perform well above the mediocrity that we've been witnessing for the past year?

 

I'm not saying we should appoint Locke, but to criticise him for getting us relegated is way out of order.  Romanov got us relegated, he sowed the seeds that left us in the predicament we found ourselves in.  Locke tried to pick up the pieces of the shambles he inherited, but basically had an U21 side at his disposal.

Agreed, he also didn’t have the necessary experience to make a good job of it. Has had other coaching and management chances since though and has messed them all up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lambo85
17 hours ago, cruzabic said:

Let's get in the man that was at the helm when we got relegated to fire up a squad...aye?

The man that had to deal with a 15 point deduction and a transfer ban. Yet he still won 3 out of 4 derbies that season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Thats a low blow at this time of all times!! 😏

No, I was just responding to a post that said JJ wouldn’t allow any Hearts team he was involved in  to lie down at Tynie. 

In any case JJ is doing great. Had a stent inserted, and on the mend with expectation of full recovery so ‘at this time of all times’ is melodramatic nonsense especially given your constant slagging and vitriol towards another man who had exactly the same problem not that many months ago. 

Edited by soonbe110

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland

 

I certainly did not “slag” Levein when he was in hospital!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

JJ doesn’t like Levein, mainly because he fired his favourite ie Locke as soon as he returned to us after Admin. JJ, BB and Locke thick as thieves. 

 

JJ didn’t like Levein long before he fired Locke!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tokyowalnut
16 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

The man that had to deal with a 15 point deduction and a transfer ban. Yet he still won 3 out of 4 derbies that season.

He won those derbies, but the season was absolutely woeful. There is no denying that. I get the mitigating factors, but the bottom line is he was a poor, poor manager, as proven when he tried at other clubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thommo414
3 hours ago, lost in space said:

No, 11. He has lost script over Hearts too.:P

Touché 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dallas Green
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

JJ didn’t like Levein long before he fired Locke!

 

Why don't JJ and GL like CL?

 

I know why MS and to a degree GM don't like him but not the above. Have I missed something?

 

Genuine question btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
6 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

 

Why don't JJ and GL like CL?

 

I know why MS and to a degree GM don't like him but not the above. Have I missed something?

 

Genuine question btw. 

 

JJ finds CL arrogant, hates his style of football, and thinks he has far too much power at Tynecastle - an opinion pretty much shared by most Hearts fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
19 hours ago, Rudy T said:

 

They at least fought for the jersey. They knew what it meant to play for Hearts and so did the man in the dugout! The current incumbent should do but has put himself before the club... that’s not something Gary Locke would ever do!

 

Biggest myth going. They threw in the towel almost every week, and Lockie just talked about “putting his arm around them.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear

I suppose we can be grateful that Locke at least stepped into an impossible situation and took the heat, rather than hiding in the background waiting for more favourable conditions. 👍🏻

 

That’s PHM stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dallas Green
46 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

JJ finds CL arrogant, hates his style of football, and thinks he has far too much power at Tynecastle - an opinion pretty much shared by most Hearts fans.

 

Fair enough 👍🏻

 

I though people were alluding to something more personal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I suppose we can be grateful that Locke at least stepped into an impossible situation and took the heat, rather than hiding in the background waiting for more favourable conditions. 👍🏻

 

That’s PHM stuff. 

 

Well said! Some of the shite thrown at Locke on here is pathetic!  15 point deduction and unable to sign any players, stuck with youngsters!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

Biggest myth going. They threw in the towel almost every week, and Lockie just talked about “putting his arm around them.”

 

Well that’s just nonsense. They were wee boys playing against seasoned pro’s they achieved 38 points enough to get a play off place, scored about 70 odd goals with a most players making debuts... compare that to now!

Edited by Rudy T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
19 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

 

Well that’s just nonsense. They were wee boys playing against seasoned pro’s they achieved 38 points enough to get a play off place, scored about 70 odd goals with a most players making debuts... compare that to now!

 

Exactly Rudi - it wasn’t nonsense it was total crap!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

 

Well that’s just nonsense. They were wee boys playing against seasoned pro’s they achieved 38 points enough to get a play off place, scored about 70 odd goals with a most players making debuts... compare that to now!

 

I’ll ignore the snide remarks from Thomaso, but I’ll engage with you. They threw the towel in and Locke let them. The post-game interviews of “nobody expects us to stay up” and “I’m just going to put my arm around them” were defeatist “nonsense”. We could have stayed up, but we didn’t. Locke did his best and what he thought was right at the time, but I wouldn’t want him anywhere the manager position because he wasn’t good enough first time around, and hasn’t been good enough in any position since. Seems like a top bloke and a good Jambo, and I wish him every success in life no matter what he turns his hand to. He was also a very very good player who a I think would have gone on to do much more in the game had he not been injured. That doesn’t make someone a good manager however, as we are constantly told on here re Levein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
21 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Mmm... 

 

JJ never said that. He said in the derby his jobs on the line, that's the one I read. 

Is Locke not club ambassador? surely he hasn't critised CL publicly, if so he's not doing his role correctly. 

 

Mackay sells new paper inches and Stewart is an arse who CL said was the worst £1 he spent. 

 

Pinch of salt. 

 

JJ never said it publicly.....privately is another matter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

JJ never said it publicly.....privately is another matter!

 

Oh naw, grown up men don't like each other shocker. 

 

Why can't everyone get along. 

 

It's also why jj is a PHM and a class act, and mackay and Stewart will do anything to sell papers or air time. 

 

 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Oh naw, grown up men don't like each other shocker. 

 

Why can't everyone get along. 

 

😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

I’ll ignore the snide remarks from Thomaso, but I’ll engage with you. They threw the towel in and Locke let them. The post-game interviews of “nobody expects us to stay up” and “I’m just going to put my arm around them” were defeatist “nonsense”. We could have stayed up, but we didn’t. Locke did his best and what he thought was right at the time, but I wouldn’t want him anywhere the manager position because he wasn’t good enough first time around, and hasn’t been good enough in any position since. Seems like a top bloke and a good Jambo, and I wish him every success in life no matter what he turns his hand to. He was also a very very good player who a I think would have gone on to do much more in the game had he not been injured. That doesn’t make someone a good manager however, as we are constantly told on here re Levein.

 

I don’t want him as manager either. I think he’s in the perfect job a real Hearts man who has represented the club in every capacity who truly loves the club. However he stepped up and he trying to get a bunch of kids to compete in the top league hamstrung by a 15 point deduction. What did you want him too do pile pressure on them and watch them go to pieces? 38 points was good enough to avoid automatic relegation. They played with bravery trying to score and defend the best they could. We should be grateful for his and their efforts, they tried their best and went down with a bit of pride intact. Do you honestly think any other side would’ve survived. Teams have been relegated with far less points that that team managed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

 

I don’t want him as manager either. I think he’s in the perfect job a real Hearts man who has represented the club in every capacity who truly loves the club. However he stepped up and he trying to get a bunch of kids to compete in the top league hamstrung by a 15 point deduction. What did you want him too do pile pressure on them and watch them go to pieces? 38 points was good enough to avoid automatic relegation. They played with bravery trying to score and defend the best they could. We should be grateful for his and their efforts, they tried their best and went down with a bit of pride intact. Do you honestly think any other side would’ve survived. Teams have been relegated with far less points that that team managed.

 

Sorry but I disagree completely. Their heads went down after the Ross County comeback, and Locke failed to lift them again. Yes, I believe that other sides could have overturned the 15 points, and I also believe a stronger manager could have. Locke tried his best though, and he stepped up when as far as I’m aware others would not. It’s not a slight on him, he just wasn’t able to do the job. I don’t doubt for a second that he did what he thought was best, and more importantly did his best. He wasn’t good enough though, and that’s just the way it is.

 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Oh naw, grown up men don't like each other shocker. 

 

Why can't everyone get along. 

 

It's also why jj is a PHM and a class act, and mackay and Stewart will do anything to sell papers or air time. 

 

 

 

I agree with your late edit! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
30 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

Sorry but I disagree completely. Their heads went down after the Ross County comeback, and Locke failed to lift them again. Yes, I believe that other sides could have overturned the 15 points, and I also believe a stronger manager could have. Locke tried his best though, and he stepped up when as far as I’m aware others would not. It’s not a slight on him, he just wasn’t able to do the job. I don’t doubt for a second that he did what he thought was best, and more importantly did his best. He wasn’t good enough though, and that’s just the way it is.

 

 

Thats fine it’s your opinion, I disagree.. so we can call it quits. One thing is for sure Gary gave it his all and that’s really all we could ask of him at the time, no one else stepped forward. He’s got his reward now.

Edited by Rudy T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
On 16/09/2019 at 21:34, Rudy T said:

I want Gary Locke in that dressing room at Easter Road telling each and everyone of those players that they are playing for the memory of Bobby Prentice and destroy that mob 8-0 to send a message to Jim Jeffries, that no matter how bad things are this club, players and fans stand together and will fight for its own!! 

 

I'd guess that if anyone is to make that decision it would have to be Ann Budge. I suspect Levein wouldn't even have him at Tynecastle in any capacity at this time if he had his way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambotony
On 17/09/2019 at 05:01, Rudy T said:

 

He can’t! So let’s get someone in who can. I’m angry tonight thinking about JJ a true legend who would never let a 11 men in maroon jerseys roll over at Tynecastle the way the current regime are.  

the same JJ that got horsed 6-2 at Easter Road.. Yes he's a legend but lets not get too sentimental 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uilleam

Levien has not won a game in a darby with Hibs he is not a tactician Levien will not resign or just accept the fact he not a very good manager. JJ could motavate a team but a darby should not need motavation the players should be up for the game but under Levien they are not motavated. Personally i dont think we will win on Sunday if Levien is still manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

I'd guess that if anyone is to make that decision it would have to be Ann Budge. I suspect Levein wouldn't even have him at Tynecastle in any capacity at this time if he had his way.

 

Correct!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

Levien has not won a game in a darby with Hibs he is not a tactician Levien will not resign or just accept the fact he not a very good manager. JJ could motavate a team but a darby should not need motavation the players should be up for the game but under Levien they are not motavated. Personally i dont think we will win on Sunday if Levien is still manager.

Whit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
On 17/09/2019 at 00:19, Smith's right boot said:

 

Maybe it's true, but it's not in the public domain as far as I'm aware. 

 

It's immaterial anyway in terms of the bigger picture bit often big personalities and egos clash at the workplace, plenty of them in football so hardly news imo. 

 

JJ is a big personality - unlike Levein he does not have a big ego - his ego is holding back HMFC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
On 16/09/2019 at 22:01, Rudy T said:

 

He can’t! So let’s get someone in who can. I’m angry tonight thinking about JJ a true legend who would never let a 11 men in maroon jerseys roll over at Tynecastle the way the current regime are.  

As a player Levein has the best ever record against them. Pretty good as a manager too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

JJ is a big personality - unlike Levein he does not have a big ego - his ego is holding back HMFC!

 

Nah his inability to get results is. 

 

Ego's is a personality clash. 

I'm Sure football is full of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...