• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• AJAMBO

• martoon

• The Real Maroonblood

11 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

It’s utterly disgusting to see some use this horrible event as an opportunity to have a sideways dig at the current manager.

I’ve read through all the posts and can only see best wishes and praise for a real Legend and true Jambo!

Where are the digs against Levein that you are referring to???

20 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’ve read through all the posts and can only see best wishes and praise for a real Legend and true Jambo!

Where are the digs against Levein that you are referring to???

Twitter - which is a ****ing cesspool to be fair 

Just now, Pants Shaton said:

Twitter - which is a ****ing cesspool to be fair 

ok thought you were referring to JKB

26 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Anyone have an update on JJ? 

Just seen this on Edinburgh City FC Twitter 

Statement on Jim Jeffries

As has been reported in tonight’s press, Sporting Director Jim Jeffries suffered a heart attack earlier today while on the golf course.

We can confirm that club chairman Jim Brown has spoken to Jim on the phone this evening and are pleased to say that he is in good spirits and looking forward to making a full recovery. 

Both the club and Jim would like to thank everyone who has been in contact to wish him well and appreciate greatly their kind thoughts at this difficult time.

20 minutes ago, livi said:

As has been reported in tonight’s press, Sporting Director Jim Jeffries suffered a heart attack earlier today while on the golf course.

We can confirm that club chairman Jim Brown has spoken to Jim on the phone this evening and are pleased to say that he is in good spirits and looking forward to making a full recovery. 

Both the club and Jim would like to thank everyone who has been in contact to wish him well and appreciate greatly their kind thoughts at this difficult time.

👍

57 minutes ago, livi said:

Great news.

Like when Levein had his heart attack, it sounds like it happened at the best possible time (if there is such a time for a heart attack!) as someone was able to give CPR immediately and then straight to hospital to get a stent put in.

1 hour ago, livi said:

Great news.

1 hour ago, livi said:

Great news. Wish him all the best in his recovery. A Heart of Midlothian legend.

been here before

Evening News...

Hearts legend Jim Jefferies thanks medics after surgeon and first aider spotted heart attack signs on golf course

Jim Jefferies has paid tribute to the medical staff who saved his life and thanked the hundreds of well wishers who got in touch after he suffered a heart attack while playing golf at Gullane on Monday.

Tynecastle greats Rudi Skacel, John Robertson and Gary Mackay were among those who contacted him this week.

Skacel, who is now based in Los Angeles, has invited Jefferies to the States and hopes that the pair can play a round of golf together once his ex-boss has made a full recovery.

Jefferies, 68, was released from hospital on Wednesday and is making excellent progress.

But the man who guided Hearts to their historic 1998 Scottish Cup final triumph has revealed that he "died for 20 seconds" in the ambulance on the way to hospital. And it was the chance intervention of fellow golfers at Gullane which helped paramedics treat him quickly.

"I would like to say how grateful I am to the paramedics and all the people in the cath lab at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and all the wonderful medical staff," Jefferies said. "The nurses do a fantastic job - the work they do is just phenomenal.

"I was always confident I was going to pull through. But there was a moment when I thought to myself: 'I hope I'm going to survive this', but I always had confidence in the paramedics. They were always talking to me and telling me 'you're doing so well'. I was out of it but they are trained to expect that kind of thing, they brought me back and they stayed with me right to the end."

Jefferies said he experienced strange feelings in his chest three weeks ago while playing golf. He was playing golf again last Friday and began to feel unwell.

He decided to have it checked and went for a screening at the hospital and everything seemed OK. But the club doctor at Edinburgh City, where Jefferies is director of football, asked him to have more tests.

Jefferies was due to play in a charity golf event on Friday so decided to play at Gullane on Monday to see how he felt. If he didn't feel up to it he was going to pull out of the charity match.

He began his round at the East Lothian course and started to feel really bad. His friends realised it was serious.

There was a woman first aider at the side of the green who was up from London for the Solheim Cup and recognised the signs. An ambulance was called and an American teeing off nearby overheard the conversation. He turned out to be a surgeon and decided it was so serious, that rather than go to the local hospital in Haddington, Jefferies should go straight to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.

Jefferies blacked out during the ambulance journey. "I died for 20 seconds but I was in the right place because these people knew what to do and they were absolutely brilliant as a I blacked out," he said.

Jefferies has now had a stent fitted and his consultant is delighted with his progress and expects to see him back out on the golf course soon - provided he uses a buggy.

"I've had hundreds of messages from all over the world, with people sending their best wishes," Jefferies said.

"Rudi Skacel sent me a message from LA, saying 'I know how much you love playing golf so next time you are over here bring your clubs and we'll play a round'.

"John Robertson and Gary Mackay have also been touch along with many of my former players."

From The Fiver:

“Saddened to read about Jim Jefferies having a heart attack. Despite him being loved all round at Hearts, my most enduring memory of him was finding his number in a phone book and calling him from a payphone with my friend when we were 12 years old. His wife made him speak to us and we spent hours every week talking about football. He was a true gent and even got us lots of free tickets for Kilmarnock games. Get well soon, Jim” – James Grieve.

A man beloved across the world of football and one of my all-time footballing heroes. Wonderful news that he's already out of hospital. Get well soon, Jim. 

Jim has the ability to unite everyone. This week has blew my Jambo feelings . Hoping he is cracking a smile and one liners. Always the king of banters knows how to read anyone.

Edited by AJAMBO

What did other oldies think of him as a player.  As prev posted, I thought he was extremely good.  Very consistent and a 100% effort man.

If you ever fancy winding an older person who supports our great friends, compare him favorably to Stanton.  Drives them mad it does.  Fair comparison as they were compatriots who played in a similar position.

Don't tell anyone but Stanton was marginally better.

Francis Albert

Great news of his recovery.  16/05/1998 will I think always be the highlight of my 55 year and counting Hearts supporting life.

Edited by Francis Albert

49 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Glad he’s getting better. He’ll be back on the fairways in no time. Great stuff 

With a buggy .Looking at the circumstances he has a lot to be thankful for the medic at the course ,the USA surgeon near,,and of course the ambulance crew bringing him back from near death,delighted and happy for him.

Weakened Offender
On 17/09/2019 at 21:37, lou said:

Hearts pages on FB would take some beating though

Most of them are set up by the same 50 year old pleb.

I was thinking about Jim and wondered if Rab sent him back to us after 20 mins after telling jim the reasons why . Very inspirational moment especially after Jim gave his opinion spoke his mind regarding Hearts current issues. . Team mates looking out for their own. 

p029a.jpg

Edited by AJAMBO

15 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

I was thinking about Jim and wondered if Rab sent him back to us after 20 mins after telling jim the reasons why . Very inspirational moment especially after Jim gave his opinion spoke his mind regarding Hearts current issues. . Team mates looking out for their own. 

p029a.jpg

Always nice to see a previously unseen photo. Particularly this week, in light of Jim's scare and Bobby's passing. Two favourites of my childhood. 

According to LH we beat Hibs to win the EoSS at the end of the 1974/75 season. I was barely 7yo at the time so I'm guessing the pic is from then? 

Regardless, thanks for posting it. 

52 minutes ago, martoon said:

Always nice to see a previously unseen photo. Particularly this week, in light of Jim's scare and Bobby's passing. Two favourites of my childhood. 

According to LH we beat Hibs to win the EoSS at the end of the 1974/75 season. I was barely 7yo at the time so I'm guessing the pic is from then? 

Regardless, thanks for posting it. 

My first official Hearts game centenary scarf and jam tarts rossette  also the strip ( no badge ) with Gola boots . lived in the Pans and Gullane that year  I think i still have the programe at my Mothers. 

Your welcome the image is from londonhearts. That side in the pic is my all time favourites I grew up around them moved away with family . pen pals an all . Life was easy then and Hearts were a proper family club didn't scream and shout about it. I believe in fate Jim and Rab  are and were dipped dyde dried in Maroon swet and blooded Hearts men. ****ing idolise them all

Edited by AJAMBO

2 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

p029a.jpg

Who's the player 3rd from left?  I recognise JJ, Willie Gibson, John Gallagher, Graham Shaw, Don Murray, Bobby Prentice, Cammy Fraser and Jim Clunie.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Who's the player 3rd from left?  I recognise JJ, Willie Gibson, John Gallagher, Graham Shaw, Don Murray, Bobby Prentice, Cammy Fraser and Jim Clunie.

Here's the team and subs, might help.

Capture.JPG

4 hours ago, RobNox said:

Brian Wilson,goalie signed from Arbroath

9 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

My first official Hearts game centenary scarf and jam tarts rossette  also the strip ( no badge ) with Gola boots . lived in the Pans and Gullane that year  I think i still have the programe at my Mothers. 

Your welcome the image is from londonhearts. That side in the pic is my all time favourites I grew up around them moved away with family . pen pals an all . Life was easy then and Hearts were a proper family club didn't scream and shout about it. I believe in fate Jim and Rab  are and were dipped dyde dried in Maroon swet and blooded Hearts men. ****ing idolise them all

Great stuff, bud. 

My first derby was an EoSS game. Hibs 1 Hearts 2 in 1981/82. 10k according to LH and and meant the world at the time. 

5 hours ago, leipzig76 said:

Brian Wilson,goalie signed from Arbroath

I was about to say David Graham then read your post.  I reckon you are correct with Brian Wilson.

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

In between Jefferies and Busby.

C4CC88D8-5C94-4F2A-9F04-8731A9556986.jpeg

Cheers. Every day is a day at school. Sandy Burrell was a couple of years above me at school and in the same BB company. 😎

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Cheers. Every day is a day at school. Sandy Burrell was a couple of years above me at school and in the same BB company. 😎

You’re welcome, Dave.

I recall David Dick as my pal and I had season tickets and went to the reserve games every second week.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

You’re welcome, Dave.

I recall David Dick as my pal and I had season tickets and went to the reserve games every second week.

Those were the days. 👍👍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to JJ