Regression

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Worse each week. 

A team we beat comfortably just a few weeks ago. 

Sadly it's getting worse not better. Improvement can only come with trust and faith. 

Today was a scramble. Scrambled thinking scrambled style of play. 

With deep sorrow we need to move on quickly for performance to have a chance 

Jambo, Goodbye

We've been regressing since the muppets flew a plane over Tynie demanding Robbie oot. 

Pretty sure we won that day too 😒

Just now, Jambo, Goodbye said:

We've been regressing since the muppets flew a plane over Tynie demanding Robbie oot. 

That can't be true...all the fan boys were talking of progress?!?

Plenty good players in that squad. They can't be motivated just like their predecessors under Levein/Cathro. Loads of new players, same old, same old.

Hannibal Lecter

Looked like a completely different team to the one that put them out the League Cup few weeks ago. Really hoped that was going to be a huge confidence booster and help kick start the season. Each week we just look worse and worse. We have a decent squad but they look like they'd struggle to scrape a draw with Stirling Albion at the moment.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

It's the mistakes the players make. They seem like basic things. 

There can't be many goals we have conceded that haven't come from our own errors. 

Comedy goals. Chucking them in every week now 

42 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

What’s your point? Just because the club has hired incompetent managers since isn’t the fans fault.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Like Edouard's goal, not the cheat penalty, was a fairly simple forward pass from Celtic. 

I know there is this modern coaching theory of how quick a team can change from attacking to defending and all that. Thinking about it, we are getting bad at this. Or other teams are good at this. Cos a lot of these goals seem to be from a Hearts attack that breaks down. 

Yeah a lot of goals in transition and quite a few from simple punts

Players low on confidence is clear and our touchline look all out of ideas on how to fix things.

The players also look like they are poorly trained and have no clear instruction on how they should be playing.

something has got to give soon.  This can’t go on.

23 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Plenty good players in that squad. They can't be motivated just like their predecessors under Levein/Cathro. Loads of new players, same old, same old.

The thing is there good players in the squad I am beginning to wonder now because we seem to be going backwards, Ikpeazu for a big guy is hopeless in the air and cannie trap a bag of cement Washington runs about all day but struggles to score goals and that is just our main two strikers, we also need a decent goalkeeper the Man un guys disnie fill me with confidence  as for Clare what can I say about him he looks good one minute then rubbish the next We deffo miss Smith & Haring rant over lol.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Lost in Transition.

Do you know if we coach the academy player using this coaching methodology too. Maybe the coaches aren't good enough at it, and thats part of the problem. 

I know Hearts aren't playing with freedom, aren't having fun, and aren't playing the old-school type of football. 

I don't know in truth. Far less pressure and focus,  those games are for learning. Unfortunately League games are not 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Worse each week. 

A team we beat comfortably just a few weeks ago. 

Sadly it's getting worse not better. Improvement can only come with trust and faith. 

Today was a scramble. Scrambled thinking scrambled style of play. 

With deep sorrow we need to move on quickly for performance to have a chance 

Where do you start?  No confidence, no streetwise play, no combinations. 

We absolutely struggle to make openings or work up the park from full back areas. 

We have a big big fanfare of new players but some of the Motherwell players looked more exciting. 

We need a new manager who wants his ball players to do their thing with a solid grounding behind them. Even our experienced players look sick as f##k. 

Just now, grumpyespana said:

The thing is there good players in the squad I am beginning to wonder now because we seem to be going backwards, Ikpeazu for a big guy is hopeless in the air and cannie trap a bag of cement Washington runs about all day but struggles to score goals and that is just our main two strikers, we also need a decent goalkeeper the Man un guys disnie fill me with confidence  as for Clare what can I say about him he looks good one minute then rubbish the next We deffo miss Smith & Haring rant over lol.

If you look at some of the players in the squad it's not too bad. Yes, we need other players in but there are also a few we could get rid of. Thing for me is that he signs players then either plays them sparingly or not at all, look at Ryan Edwards last season. Then he has his favourites like Clare whom he won't drop. I feel sorry for the likes of Dikamona, very decent defender but there's no way he can be match fit as he never gets games. Berra is another of his favourites, he's cost us quite a few times but still he plays every week. What's the point of actually having a squad if they're not playing? It's no coincidence that so many players have come and gone yet still there's no improvement, dozens and dozens of them. Why is this? For me it's because they're not coached properly. I watched the Arbroath v Patrick game last night and even they played with good pace and determination, I just don't get how poor we are with our resources in comparison to most other teams so for me it's the way they are coached. No other explanation as to why so many have come and gone yet we sit at the bottom of the table. I believe a new manager and coaching team would get players playing much better. We are only a few players short of a decent team but the style needs completely changed, fresh ideas to get the best out of them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Where do you start?  No confidence, no streetwise play, no combinations. 

We absolutely struggle to make openings or work up the park from full back areas. 

We have a big big fanfare of new players but some of the Motherwell players looked more exciting. 

We need a new manager who wants his ball players to do their thing with a solid grounding behind them. Even our experienced players look sick as f##k. 

Last sentence.  Crucially I think this has become increasingly apparent 

Jambo, Goodbye
26 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

What’s your point? Just because the club has hired incompetent managers since isn’t the fans fault.

It all started with a reasonably good manager leaving. 

I blame the plane for the beginning. 

Plenty of other people to blame from that day onward of course but,  I guess, you reap what you sow. (That's all I can say to those who hired it)

Jambo, Goodbye
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Last sentence.  Crucially I think this has become increasingly apparent 

I wonder if Naismith is having regrets? 

God I hope not! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I wonder if Naismith is having regrets? 

God I hope not! 

Not if he's got a promotion  :lol: