Sign in to follow this  
jamtartan74

Scotrail problems tomorrow?

jamtartan74

Tried the website but not the easiest to navigate, seen on here a few days ago there was potential issues tomorrow from various parts of the country for getting to Edinburgh, Livingston North is what I’m asking about, will there be trouble getting to Haymarket from there or is bus  the best option?  Thanks for any reply’s. 

Dino Velvet

Trains every 30 minutes tomorrow. 

jamtartan74
33 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Trains every 30 minutes tomorrow. 

Ok well that’s good then, thanks. 

maroonsgotop

Incidents found between Dunblane and Edinburgh More information

Engineering Work: At Edinburgh
Planned engineering work will take place at Edinburgh from 00:01, Saturday 14 September 2019 to 23:59, Saturday 14 September 2019.
Additional Information:
Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street High Level via Falkirk High
Services will be reduced to Half Hourly in both directions departing xx:00 and xx:30 past the hour until 19:30, when services will revert to standard timetable of xx:15 and xx:45 past the hour.
Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street High Level via Cumbernauld
Services will operate between Glasgow Queen Street High Level and Linlithgow only. Onward connection by train will be available at Linlithgow
Edinburgh to Stirling/Dunblane
Services operate at advertised times but will call additionally at Linlithgow and Polmont in both directions throughout the day.
Edinburgh to Glasgow Central via Shotts
Services will be reduced to Hourly departing Edinburgh at xx:26 and Glasgow Central at xx:16
Edinburgh to Glasgow Central via Carstairs
Cancelled and replaced by bus
Edinburgh - Helensburgh Central
Services will run between Helensburgh and Bathgate only. Onward connection by train will be available at Bathgate

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Incidents found between Dunblane and Edinburgh More information

Engineering Work: At Edinburgh
Planned engineering work will take place at Edinburgh from 00:01, Saturday 14 September 2019 to 23:59, Saturday 14 September 2019.
Additional Information:
Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street High Level via Falkirk High
Services will be reduced to Half Hourly in both directions departing xx:00 and xx:30 past the hour until 19:30, when services will revert to standard timetable of xx:15 and xx:45 past the hour.
Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street High Level via Cumbernauld
Services will operate between Glasgow Queen Street High Level and Linlithgow only. Onward connection by train will be available at Linlithgow
Edinburgh to Stirling/Dunblane
Services operate at advertised times but will call additionally at Linlithgow and Polmont in both directions throughout the day.
Edinburgh to Glasgow Central via Shotts
Services will be reduced to Hourly departing Edinburgh at xx:26 and Glasgow Central at xx:16
Edinburgh to Glasgow Central via Carstairs
Cancelled and replaced by bus
Edinburgh - Helensburgh Central
Services will run between Helensburgh and Bathgate only. Onward connection by train will be available at Bathgate

I’m confused now, does that mean that from Livingston onwards there’s no trains or what? 🤔

Eddie
1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

I’m confused now, does that mean that from Livingston onwards there’s no trains or what? 🤔

Connecting train at Bathgate, well thats what I take from that?

FinnBarr Saunders
29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Connecting train at Bathgate, well thats what I take from that?

Thats what it looks like to me but jamtartan is asking about Livi North which is a different line.

1971fozzy

Borders trains only to Gorebridge. Buses from Gorebridge to Waverley and vice versa.

brutal.

maroonsgotop
54 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

just checked the Livingston North to Edinburgh "check service" and the exact same information is posted on Scotrail site as I posted so I would imagine you'll be fine but best to check their site tomorrow for further changes

jamtartan74

Thanks folks, might just get the bus to save any hassle, first bus 23 straight to Gorgie but takes a wee bit longer. 

Tott
8 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Thats what it looks like to me but jamtartan is asking about Livi North which is a different line.

Livi North is same line as Bathgate .

Trains are running today between Bathgate and haymarket,but its  every 30 mins instead of 15.

Edited by Tott

Radio Ga Ga

You have to wonder why they did not schedule the works for the Sunday? Half Hourly service already.

EarnockJambo

Getting to Haymarket from Hamilton is fine but the return journey is going to be a bit of a nightmare. 

Horatio Caine

You have to wonder at this - trains terminate at Bathgate so a connecting train from Bathgate to Edinburgh. Huh? Why can't they run straight through?  No wonder people are getting confused.  Scotrail master stroke of communication again.

Shaggy2

Scotrail problems? Just another day with a Y at the end. Good luck. 👍