Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sagan

The Courteeners

Recommended Posts

Sagan

Heavy Jacket Heavy Jacket come on!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone

Great band. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee

They put me in mind of when Arctic Monkeys went shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Sagan said:

Heavy Jacket Heavy Jacket come on!

 

I love The Courteeners. Seen them live more than any other band. Heavy Jacket is a terrible song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sagan
29 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I love The Courteeners. Seen them live more than any other band. Heavy Jacket is a terrible song.

 

Is it duck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diadora Van Basten

I liked there cover of there is a light that never goes out they did at a festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
9 hours ago, Smithee said:

They put me in mind of when Arctic Monkeys went shit. 

 

Excuse me? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
10 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Excuse me? 

 

Third album onwards, they shed all the vim and spunk of their youth and started boring me silly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

 

Third album onwards, they shed all the vim and spunk of their youth and started boring me silly. 

 

 

Like most adults. 

 

Their style definitely evolved, but I can't agree they got shit Smithee. In some respects their music got better. The most recent album took me longer to get into and won't rank as highly as their earlier stuff but some songs on the album I adore. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
11 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Like most adults. 

 

Their style definitely evolved, but I can't agree they got shit Smithee. In some respects their music got better. The most recent album took me longer to get into and won't rank as highly as their earlier stuff but some songs on the album I adore. 

 

 

Yeah, it's all subjective of course, they have loads of fans so obviously I'm not empirically right. 

I do talk about music like I'm speaking fact though, but it's just because it's such an obviously subjective topic, there's no point putting "IMO" at the end. 

 

I don't hate them, I know they grew up but they lost what I loved about them and now they bore me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

Arctic monkeys first album and a select few songs since are good.

 

Regardless of what song they sing however they are absolute dog shite live.

 

King of Leon, also terrible live. 

Edited by hughesie27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie

I think their gig in Princes Street Gardens was the first of the festival events there to sell out. Not nineteen for ever is the only song from them I really know but it is good one that stays in your head a long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

 

Yeah, it's all subjective of course, they have loads of fans so obviously I'm not empirically right. 

I do talk about music like I'm speaking fact though, but it's just because it's such an obviously subjective topic, there's no point putting "IMO" at the end. 

 

I don't hate them, I know they grew up but they lost what I loved about them and now they bore me. 

 

Aye fair enough man. 

 

Back on the Courteeners, Sycophant is great. I know a lad just like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola

It's Courteeners. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Brightside
22 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Like most adults. 

 

Their style definitely evolved, but I can't agree they got shit Smithee. In some respects their music got better. The most recent album took me longer to get into and won't rank as highly as their earlier stuff but some songs on the album I adore. 

 

Tend to agree I think AM is one of the Arctic Monkeys best albums. There sound has evolved as they have grown up.

 

On the original op I liked the first Courteeners album but not really bothered with them after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
20 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It's Courteeners. :thumbsup:

Mah. They were The Courteeners and at some point they scrapped the The. Both remain acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Mah. They were The Courteeners and at some point they scrapped the The. Both remain acceptable.

👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack

Sound like many other forgettable bang average indie bands.  Limited appeal and scope for growth.

 

Same goes with Catfish and the Bottlemen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...