Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ri Alban

Opinion polls

Recommended Posts

ri Alban

I and no one I know, have every been asked. (Politics or otherwise)

 

Well JKB, have you!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just thought I'd start an opinion poll of my own, since I never get a game with anyone else's.

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood

Never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O

Yes, I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88

Nope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo, Goodbye

99% of people who get phoned are "just heading out the door" anyway 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chester™

I'm a member of the YouGov panel and have been for over ten years. I fill in numerous surveys, on all sorts of topics, and get paid £50 every few months.

 

Anyone can sign up. Its not telephone based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

The only opinion poll that matters is the results in the voting booth.

 

Everything else is just bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo

Never. I tend to be proactive and give folk my opinions long before I'm ever asked for them. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

I occasionally get the odd call. I usually shout down the phone 'Option D- Levein oot'.

 

That gets them telt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimKongUno

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All roads lead to Gorgie

I have had them on the phone but now I always tell them I keep my politics private. I told one caller I might vote no in the indy ref but I changed my mind and voted yes. Just after the call I was bombarded with calls and letters from the no side which I found a bit of a coincidence and cemented my commitment to vote yes.

I wonder if some of them are indeed impartial or aligned to a party.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
2 hours ago, Cade said:

The only opinion poll that matters is the results in the voting booth.

 

Everything else is just bollocks.

 

This.

 

How they expect people to give them their honest views that can be personally associated to them, I'll never know.

 

In the days of phone scams, who is going to give any details over the phone to strangers anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dannie Boy

I’m on you gov. Never had a phone survey. 

Opinion polls are never really a good guide especially in politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gershwin
6 hours ago, Chester™ said:

I'm a member of the YouGov panel and have been for over ten years. I fill in numerous surveys, on all sorts of topics, and get paid £50 every few months.

 

Anyone can sign up. Its not telephone based.

 

I do the same. Takes a while to get the points for £50 but if you do them regularly enough you can make about £150-200 a year. I've been doing them for so long I can fly there the questions too - never give them more than one answer to a question too as that means they take longer to compete. Elections are also a good time to be a member...got loads of questionnaires to do around the last general election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboross

Yeah, like others I do the YouGov ones online. I also got a phonecall from Kantar to do one a few days ago. 

 

I used to work for one of the smaller telephone ones (Progressive/Scottish Opinion) about ten years ago and the amount of abuse I took over the phone was brutal - although you'd also get some nice old dears who you could well have been the only person they'd spoken to that day - so I always do things like that when I get a call now. A few minutes of my time is no big deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Del Monty
11 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I have had them on the phone but now I always tell them I keep my politics private. I told one caller I might vote no in the indy ref but I changed my mind and voted yes. Just after the call I was bombarded with calls and letters from the no side which I found a bit of a coincidence and cemented my commitment to vote yes.

I wonder if some of them are indeed impartial or aligned to a party.  

😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...