LGV (HGV) CPC Module 2 - Who's done it?

Col1874

I've passed the first 2 LGV theory tests and next up is the CPC Module 2 case study test. 

If any of you have already done this, did you use an app or website to practice? 

Done a sample case study online and it was about tachograph rules when double manning and I was clueless - it's Generally a grey area for many HGV drivers as most drive on their own, so I'm wondering if it's been put on the website to make people think the test is harder than it really is?? 

The first 2 tests were easy but I'm a bit worried about this last one. 

I done the PCV equivalent.  It is slightly more difficult than the theory test but more than passable. Study the domestic rules on driving times rather than EU driving rules as if I remember correctly that is more likely to come up. 

7 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

CPC an actual test? I just do 5x attendance courses which bore me to death.  Which funny enuff reboots tomorrow.

Unfortunately for new HGV & PCV drivers, we need to do one as part of our three theory tests which is an actual test rather than 7hr attendance course. 

43 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I done the PCV equivalent.  It is slightly more difficult than the theory test but more than passable. Study the domestic rules on driving times rather than EU driving rules as if I remember correctly that is more likely to come up. 

Thanks for your input. I know someone who once failed and didn't re-book, which is probably making me worry more. 

I had to do the test 5 years ago, I failed the case studies but passed at second attempt, it’s a lot to do with rules and regulations, basically it gives you scenarios and you have to give the correct outcome, but if your upto scratch with the laws you should be fine, it would be easier doing it now after working and being in some of the situations! Hope this helps 

Just bought a £12.99 app - The questions are solid - Ridiculous questions like what colour is an operators license if the vehicle can be driven in Europe, questions about transport hanging meat to a butcher in France etc... I can safely say I'll never be driving a slaughter house vehicle so these questions are pointless and should be covered by a separate course before starting a job where you'd need that knowledge. 

Kind of like learning trigonometry at high school, pointless. 

Edited by Col1874

I done the pcv version and it's a piece of piss. It was basically a first use check with a few questions. you get 1 question from 5 sections I think and its either tell me or show me. It was a while back so I might have muddled it up but honestly its simple I thought it would be hard but you already know the answers if you passed your theory.

I passed it last year using an app, think it must be same one you have as I am sure it cost the same. Constant practice the week before test so I knew all I could. Got 5 wrong which I knew about on the day as long as I got over 40 I wasn't bothered.

22 hours ago, Baillie07 said:

What job you going into mate if you don’t mind me asking? 

Currently working for a removal company but only driving the 3.5t Luton vans at the moment, not the best job and really hard work, but it'll allow me to gain the HGV experience I need to find something a bit better. 

Eventually wanting my class 1 (C+E) but not looking into that too much at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Col1874 said:

Currently working for a removal company but only driving the 3.5t Luton vans at the moment, not the best job and really hard work, but it'll allow me to gain the HGV experience I need to find something a bit better. 

Eventually wanting my class 1 (C+E) but not looking into that too much at the moment. 

Pollock hire hgv drivers without having much experience but I think your on a lower wage for a year or 2.