The 4 weeks between Cathro & Levein

kimosavi

Interested to see what peoples views are on that 4 week period between sacking Cathro to Appointing Levein and why it took 4 weeks to appoint a man already at the club 

This isn't another Levein bashing thread 

I think we went after other candidates, failed to get them, panicked, and gave it to Levein

Italian Lambretta

Whatever they did in that 4 weeks it has turned out to be a huge mistake and an nsult to the fans who've had to endure what came after. Oh and it is a levein bashing because its all about him and no one else. 

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Whatever they did in that 4 weeks it has turned out to be a huge mistake and an nsult to the fans who've had to endure what came after. Oh and it is a levein bashing because its all about him and no one else. 

Its no technically 👍 

Cathro and Budge are in there too 

29 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Interested to see what peoples views are on that 4 week period between sacking Cathro to Appointing Levein and why it took 4 weeks to appoint a man already at the club 

I think we went after other candidates, failed to get them, panicked, and gave it to Levein

Of course it's not.

47 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

We searched for a good replacement for a couple weeks, realised no one was better than levein, then took a week or so begging levein whilst he was probably bigging up a lot of other managers for the job. Finally he gave in after budge laughed in his face for claiming Pressley was a better option. 

Levein didn't want the job. That’s why it took a week or two extra. 

Ultimately, while CL has overseen some memorable results in his 2nd stint in charge, it is patently obvious he isn’t the long term, medium term or even short term option for this club. 

His record over the last 10 months has been utterly dreadful, notwithstanding the injuries (which is a separate issue altogether!). 

Contrary to his latest post match interview, it seems clear to me he cannot “fix it”.  He’s a dead man walking.

I agree with the above posters. By all accounts, Freedman was the no 1 choice. We all know what happened there though. The appointment of CL never sat right with me and smacked of laziness. Sort of like - “ach, he will do”.  

The position we now find ourselves in is nothing short of ludicrous. The manager is also the DoF and has a place on the board. Monopoly levels of control. An unhealthy control. Even more concerning is that CL is the only ‘football person’ on the board. Which does make me wonder what the rest of the board are prepared to endure and accept before change is enforced, given their apparent lack of knowledge of football. 

Were we trying to fight off all those other suitors in England and abroad who were clamouring to appoint Levein as their new manager?? Understandably he had to weigh up all the offers before deciding to take the job. Whatever, it was probably ABs worst decision since saving the club compounded by a really patronising "light bulb moment" explanation which treated the fans as if we were fools.

25 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Ultimately, while CL has overseen some memorable results in his 2nd stint in charge, it is patently obvious he isn’t the long term, medium term or even short term option for this club. 

His record over the last 10 months has been utterly dreadful, notwithstanding the injuries (which is a separate issue altogether!). 

Contrary to his latest post match interview, it seems clear to me he cannot “fix it”.  He’s a dead man walking.

I agree with the above posters. By all accounts, Freedman was the no 1 choice. We all know what happened there though. The appointment of CL never sat right with me and smacked of laziness. Sort of like - “ach, he will do”.  

The position we now find ourselves in is nothing short of ludicrous. The manager is also the DoF and has a place on the board. Monopoly levels of control. An unhealthy control. Even more concerning is that CL is the only ‘football person’ on the board. Which does make me wonder what the rest of the board are prepared to endure and accept before change is enforced, given their apparent lack of knowledge of football. 

When the FOH take over will they get to decide or does Budge still get the last word 

54 minutes ago, Dayman said:

We searched for a good replacement for a couple weeks, realised no one was better than levein, then took a week or so begging levein whilst he was probably bigging up a lot of other managers for the job. Finally he gave in after budge laughed in his face for claiming Pressley was a better option. 

Levein didn't want the job. That’s why it took a week or two extra. 

He didn't want the job because he knew he would be crap at it. :greggy:

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Is this a Levein bashing thread ?

It’ll all go away when he leaves the club. If you or I were making such an arse of the job we’d have walked away months ago because, as hearts supporters,  would put the club before personal gains. 

Never a dull moment at Craig Levein FC.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’ll all go away when he leaves the club. If you or I were making such an arse of the job we’d have walked away months ago because, as hearts supporters,  would put the club before personal gains. 

Never a dull moment at Craig Levein FC.

Getting to a Cup final is not being bad at your job.

Employing above average signings that have been roundly applauded is not being bad at your job.

I'm self employed so don't walk away from any job.

We're 4 games in, grow a pair. 

Edited by Noah Claypole

22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Were we trying to fight off all those other suitors in England and abroad who were clamouring to appoint Levein as their new manager?? Understandably he had to weigh up all the offers before deciding to take the job. Whatever, it was probably ABs worst decision since saving the club compounded by a really patronising "light bulb moment" explanation which treated the fans as if we were fools.

We all knew we were getting our pants taken down, mate.

When the “ right guy under our nose “ statement came out, most people downed a stiff drink, looked at the positives and were just glad that Cathro was on a train out of Dodge !

In hindsight, which is a wonderful thing, it looks like they carved up a nice wee niche.

One which will have to be scrapped if they want a decent support behind them. 

People will be fooled again though. Talk of more time is fraught with danger.

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Employing above average signings that have been roundly applauded is not being bad at your job.

I’m also self employed so good to find some common ground. Do you think you’ve maybe missed a few things out in your summary?

We have reached a cup final, we have signed some good players, we are only 4 games in ... BUT...

Go on, i’ve conceded to your points,try giving a bit of balance to your post. 

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m also self employed so good to find some common ground. Do you think you’ve maybe missed a few things out in your summary?

We have reached a cup final, we have signed some good players, we are only 4 games in ... BUT...

Go on, i’ve conceded to your points,try giving a bit of balance to your post. 

My post wasn't a summary,  it was a response to yours.

But....we'll finish 3rd this season in my opinion. 

Happy days are on the way.

4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Would be delighted to finish third. I hope you are right.

Sorry to touch on the negative but can you seen any downside going forward or is everything in the garden rosy?

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Can I work for you please ? You appear to have the memory/ attention span of a goldfish. Oh and by the way you haven't paid me this week yet 👍

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Spot on 

Adam_the_legend

It’s irrelevant now. We are where we are. The important thing is to use sound judgement in our next hire, which hopefully happens soon. 

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

It’s irrelevant now. We are where we are. The important thing is to use sound judgement in our next hire, which hopefully happens soon. 

There will be a statement saying that they've realised that the right man has been here all along, then the kit man will come out with a suit on. 

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

There will be a statement saying that they've realised that the right man has been here all along, then the kit man will come out with a suit on. 

I have a terrible feeling that the poor form will drag on for a few more weeks then AB’s solution will be CL back solely as DoF and McPhee into HC. As that would change anything.

27 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Are there any other type of threads 😏

Not after about ten posts. No.

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I have a terrible feeling that the poor form will drag on for a few more weeks then AB’s solution will be CL back solely as DoF and McPhee into HC. As that would change anything.

Lose to hibs and all hell will break loose.

Win and he's probably got yet another life line. 

2 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Did you think we would finish 3rd last season as well?

What are you basing your prediction on? 

13 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Probably Levein getting the sack. 😋

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Probably Levein getting the sack. 😋

Ha

Someone suggested that Hearts employ people to post on here, 

It certainly makes you think when you read comments like that. 

This thread is horse dung. Not the first thread the OP has created recently that also was horse dung.

Caveat: This reply is not intended to harass, bully, stalk, intimidate or in any way cause the OP distress. She’s a bit precious.

37 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

This thread is horse dung. Not the first thread the OP has created recently that also was horse dung.

Caveat: This reply is not intended to harass, bully, stalk, intimidate or in any way cause the OP distress. She’s a bit precious.

Make a thread that isn't horse dung then. 

Let's have it. 

6 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I think we hoped that the 4 weeks would allow Jon Daly to sell himself as the continuity candidate to the fans!!

“We” hoped????  You mean Levein hoped!!

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Bla bla bla.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Hiya VM 😁😁😁 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just ignore it if its horse dung. Simples 

Now there's a good lad 👍

rudi must stay

I have heard a theory Levein was told to be manager and fix the problems Cathro made as he was Levein's choice

I think, thinking about it, that's probably true. Maybe it wasn't done forcing him to be but it's the same thing no matter how she did it. She does have a tough side as she's shown

Just now, rudi must stay said:

I have heard a theory Levein was told to be manager and fix the problems Cathro made as he was Levein's choice

I think, thinking about it, that's probably true. Maybe it wasn't done forcing him to be but it's the same thing no matter how she did it. She does have a tough side as she's shown

She like made him an offer he could not refuse Pilton stylee?... Do you think she will have him whacked then? I mean nothing personal just business but he has made an erse of it :clyay:

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

She like made him an offer he could not refuse Pilton stylee?... Do you think she will have him whacked then? I mean nothing personal just business but he has made an erse of it :clyay:

He accepted and she was happy. I think in her mind he's the dream appointment and we can get noone better. So we just have to accept that

45 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

At the shareholders meeting after Cathro got punted, Levein said "it's my fault and I will fix it" or words to that effect.

He's still saying I will fix it.