Jump to content
Tynieman

The most horrible foods around

Recommended Posts

The White Cockade

liver

sprouts

celery

spam

butter beans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles

Spam is awesome grilled on a roll. 

 

Not it had it for about 30 years though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crunchy frog

I'll think I'll just have a cornetto instead thanks anyway mate

Screenshot_2019-08-04-16-48-13-1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
6 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

I'll think I'll just have a cornetto instead thanks anyway mate

Screenshot_2019-08-04-16-48-13-1.png

 

:lol: 

not sure if I would go for the chocolate or strawberry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Aye the chicken one's not too good. The steak and steak & ale ones are lovely though. The slimy stuff under the pastry is the best bit. I quite fancy one now.

 

That’s the bit that used to do it for me, used to drive my mum nuts at the store every week asking if I could get another one (whole one for myself) I kid you not with this, but I know someone who used to quarter one of them for dinner, WTF!!!  I wouldn’t touch one now though.

 

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Boiled Eggs are rancid

 

Whit!!!  eggs in any form are the business

 

 

away an boil yer heed man 😜

 

 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80bob

The watery bit of Heinz tomato sauce pre cum if you don’t shake the bottle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArcticJambo
2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Spam is awesome grilled on a roll. 

 

Not it had it for about 30 years though. 

 

Well reminded!  Been missing Spam, but on crackers, raw.  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
7 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

 

Well reminded!  Been missing Spam, but on crackers, raw.  :thumbsup:

 

Sheriff Finlayson would vociferously disagree. Grilled. On a roll. Preferably washed down with a double G&T. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArcticJambo
26 minutes ago, 80bob said:

The watery bit of Heinz tomato sauce pre cum if you don’t shake the bottle 

:berra:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArcticJambo
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

 

Sheriff Finlayson would vociferously disagree. Grilled. On a roll. Preferably washed down with a double G&T. 

Ahh, a man of fine tastes; I'll grant him the slight aberration in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemongrab

My mum once made me what she called 'saps'.  It was a rich tea biscuit soaked in boiling water. I can assume it was some old fashioned food thing, for babies or invalids.  The biscuit expanded so there was this massive rich tea on the plate, but with a skitter like consistency . It was pretty impressive to see, but absolutely minging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
8 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Aye the chicken one's not too good. The steak and steak & ale ones are lovely though. The slimy stuff under the pastry is the best bit. I quite fancy one now.

 

A so called mate, Jambo etc., dished up the chicken variety to me about 20 years ago after a bevvy.

 

Vile. 

 

I'll have to take your word for it about the steak pie varieties. Not sure I could face another tinned pie after that chicken experience. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon

I hate runny or underdone food that doesn't have to be. 

 

A thoroughly cooked omelette is the only form of egg I can tolerate these days, steak has to be cremated (a big no no in restaurants) and pasta dishes baked almost dry. 

 

Sloppy food is disgusting. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sydney

Christmas pudding.

Parmesan cheese (from a container - fresh is ok)

Olives

butter

grilled tomatoes

gammon and pineapple

trout

tzatziki (sp?)

caviar

pickled cabbage

marmite

fennel

tongue

anchovies

Edited by Sydney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
19 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Cheesy Pasta? Why not just make proper Macaroni Cheese?

 

Because they are two completely different things/flavours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan

Christ there's some fussy people on here 😆

 

There's not much I don't like however cold Quiche is rank. And custard must be cold, not hot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3
On 03/09/2019 at 17:46, LeftBack said:

Celery 

Semolina

Tinned meatballs 

Tripe

Do you like hotdogs at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
21 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Cheesy Pasta? Why not just make proper Macaroni Cheese?

Exactly.

The significant other makes fantastic macaroni and cheese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Because they are two completely different things/flavours?

Ones shite and the other one is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
11 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

:berra:

Was thinking the same, hes got some imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

Most people I know do not like Vegemite but I love it on toast. 

 

I do not like Cous Cous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crunchy frog
4 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Christ there's some fussy people on here 😆

 

There's not much I don't like however cold Quiche is rank. And custard must be cold, not hot...

I would have thought cold custard and cold quiche have the same mouthfeel.  Eggs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig_
15 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

My mum once made me what she called 'saps'.  It was a rich tea biscuit soaked in boiling water. I can assume it was some old fashioned food thing, for babies or invalids.  The biscuit expanded so there was this massive rich tea on the plate, but with a skitter like consistency . It was pretty impressive to see, but absolutely minging.

 

That's a whole new thread all of its own. Manky things your folks used to do with food.

 

My old man used to pour milk on his puddings, sponge and the like. Must be a hangover from wartime or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cheetah

Animals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter

My wife bought Haslet out of morrisons a few days ago, would not have given it to a dug, tasted rotten 

and nothing like haslet, this is from someone that eats anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

 

That's a whole new thread all of its own. Manky things your folks used to do with food.

 

My old man used to pour milk on his puddings, sponge and the like. Must be a hangover from wartime or something.

Fish steamed in milk.

 

Courtesy of my mum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack
3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

 

That's a whole new thread all of its own. Manky things your folks used to do with food.

 

My old man used to pour milk on his puddings, sponge and the like. Must be a hangover from wartime or something.

My father in law always had milk on his puddings, said it was a habit he learned while working at sea in the 50s and 60s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lobey Dosser

Baked beans

Tomato Ketchup

Hot fruit of any description 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, Lobey Dosser said:

 

Hot fruit of any description 

 

Agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Julio Jones saying he might not play Sunday🙀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diadora Van Basten

I had game soup at Hectors in Stockbridge that was the worst thing ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
20 hours ago, martoon said:

steak has to be cremated (a big no no in restaurants) 

 

 

Absolute waste of a steak. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk

I remember getting a chicken korma out an Indian takeaway (cant remember which one). Took a bite at what I thought was chicken in Korma sauce but turned out to be ****ing banana. 

 

I almost spewed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpruceBringsteen
On 03/09/2019 at 12:18, Tynieman said:

What food will you not go near... not necessarily because you dislike the taste, but because it's basically made from s***. 

 

Canned hot dogs for me...

 

God knows what they're made from, the texture doesn't taste of meat and its so cheap that it makes you question it's content. Plus they taste horrific.

 

2019-09-03-17-13-55-1351562999.jpg

 

To answer the OP properly, which no one ever does, there's not many foods I won't eat that fill the criteria. I mean, I'd stab anyone on this website for a scotch pie right now.

 

To continue along with people who can't read, yes there is food I don't like the taste of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crunchy frog
20 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

 

To answer the OP properly, which no one ever does, there's not many foods I won't eat that fill the criteria. I mean, I'd stab anyone on this website for a scotch pie right now.

 

To continue along with people who can't read, yes there is food I don't like the taste of.

Who you kidding. You used to drink in that shit pub with the backroom full of wankers that served terrible frozen pies. Morningside/bauhaus hearts nobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, crunchy frog said:

Who you kidding. You used to drink in that shit pub with the backroom full of wankers that served terrible frozen pies. Morningside/bauhaus hearts nobs

 

Show me on the doll where I hurt you. xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
19 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Christ there's some fussy people on here 😆

 

There's not much I don't like however cold Quiche is rank. And custard must be cold, not hot...

 

I see what you mean. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
3 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Who you kidding. You used to drink in that shit pub with the backroom full of wankers that served terrible frozen pies. Morningside/bauhaus hearts nobs

 

:wow:

 

Where the **** did that come from :rofl:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic

Pepperami. ****ing rotten.

 

Smoked sausage as well. Same as hotdogs, it's like dugmeat 🤢

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I remember getting a chicken korma out an Indian takeaway (cant remember which one). Took a bite at what I thought was chicken in Korma sauce but turned out to be ****ing banana

 

I almost spewed. 

 

:what:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1791AE4A-6207-4F1D-BEAC-30A6C160B695.jpeg.e84c91871d7b5b7ed379d1a4768d81bb.jpeg

 

That was one of those things I wish I never told my mum I liked.  Got served it on an almost daily basis afterwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig_
10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1791AE4A-6207-4F1D-BEAC-30A6C160B695.jpeg.e84c91871d7b5b7ed379d1a4768d81bb.jpeg

 

Probably worthy of yet another thread, but how about foods which you loved as a child, but can't stand now.

 

I'll go for King Ribs. Used to be super meaty and tangy, now they just taste like a lightly spiced piece of cardboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

51ZMkVpdKXL._SY445_.jpg

Good for a hangover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

 

That was one of those things I wish I never told my mum I liked.  Got served it on an almost daily basis afterwards. 

 

I liked the curry flavoured version. 

 

Don't even know if crispy pancakes are still sold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Good for a hangover

 

Magic with buttered toast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I remember getting a chicken korma out an Indian takeaway (cant remember which one). Took a bite at what I thought was chicken in Korma sauce but turned out to be ****ing banana. 

 

I almost spewed. 

 

Reminds me of the time I was persuaded to try one of the new “macaroni” flavoured Pot Noodle. Made it up as per the simple instructions. Took one bite and threw it in the bin. 

 

Tasted of Banana. Not sure but I think somehow yellow powders have got mixed up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
42 minutes ago, martoon said:

 

I liked the curry flavoured version. 

 

Don't even know if crispy pancakes are still sold. 

 

They are, as I found out to my cost when I bought the mince ones for old times sake a while back.  Rancid.  One bite and they were in the bin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon
43 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

 

They are, as I found out to my cost when I bought the mince ones for old times sake a while back.  Rancid.  One bite and they were in the bin. 

 

I think I'll take a walk on the wild side and get the curry ones. 

 

I'll let you know how I get on. 

 

If I survive. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...