Jump to content
Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

  1. 1. Should craig Levein....

    • Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely


Recommended Posts

brux
3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I don't see any issue in giving Austin the job as caretaker for a bit. Who knows, maybe he'd be a lot better tactically as his own man. 

Just NO, he takes all the training, and the football ain't nice to watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
7 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I don't see any issue in giving Austin the job as caretaker for a bit. Who knows, maybe he'd be a lot better tactically as his own man. 

Dont talk shite.

There is no coaching at Hearts.

No movement 

No fight

No clue actually.

 

Clear them out .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
On 12/09/2019 at 23:28, Jambo-Fox said:

If your actions (anti CL) damage the club, the results are anti Hearts!

And if you keep backing Levein you are anti Hearts ffs .

Some of the loyalty shown to Levein over the club is beyond a fekin joke now.

 

If you hold Hearts in any way of value then you must want him gone.

 

Utter utter shite for a fekin year now.

Shite to watch 

And cant even bore the other team to death now to scrape a draw.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brux

That equals the worst winless run in Hearts history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambogemz

Enough is enough. I'm sorry to say, as much as I like Ann Budge if she hasn't got the guts to sack him then she needs to go to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
30 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I don't see any issue in giving Austin the job as caretaker for a bit. Who knows, maybe he'd be a lot better tactically as his own man. 

 FFS NO!!!!!!!

We need a clear out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo

Well where are all the Levein backers tonight???

if we’d won today you can bet they’d have been all over this like a tramp in a chip wrapper!!!!

we have heard all week how not backing the manager is killing our club or we really hate hearts!!

well you know what!! Get to f. Uck because there’s only one person killing us right now and it’s the muppet in the dugout!!

sorry for the rant but I’m hurting after that result!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
50 minutes ago, jake said:

And if you keep backing Levein you are anti Hearts ffs .

Some of the loyalty shown to Levein over the club is beyond a fekin joke now.

 

If you hold Hearts in any way of value then you must want him gone.

 

Utter utter shite for a fekin year now.

Shite to watch 

And cant even bore the other team to death now to scrape a draw.

 

 

Today could be a pivotal moment ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

I don't see any issue in giving Austin the job as caretaker for a bit. Who knows, maybe he'd be a lot better tactically as his own man. 

 

What? McPhee has been integral to two shite managers. Absolute disgrace if he hangs around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

 

What? McPhee has been integral to two shite managers. Absolute disgrace if he hangs around

Exactly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oi oi

initially i wouldn't have minded him moving "upstairs" but the more i think about it the more evident it seems that he'd just be meddling from that position.  he clearly influenced Neilson and Cathro and our next manager needs a clean slate to do his own thing.  if we need a DoF then JJ for me.  i'd even take Mikey Stewart for that role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swanny17

Unfortunately CL will not be resigning any time soon. He’s far too arrogant for that. He will only go with a large pay-off as he does not give a **** about the club. 

 

Remember, this is the man who called Hearts a provincial club when he moved to Leicester. 😡

 

Where was he during the SOH era?

 

Where was he at the formation of FOH? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
17 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

 

What? McPhee has been integral to two shite managers. Absolute disgrace if he hangs around

 

Why people want to keep McPhee in any capacity and even more weirdly,  keep CL as DoF is absolutely baffling.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
41 minutes ago, oi oi said:

initially i wouldn't have minded him moving "upstairs" but the more i think about it the more evident it seems that he'd just be meddling from that position.  he clearly influenced Neilson and Cathro and our next manager needs a clean slate to do his own thing.  if we need a DoF then JJ for me.  i'd even take Mikey Stewart for that role.

 

Stewart is just too pig headed. He’s more like Levein in character than he’d ever admit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mort

Can we do a new poll as of today? Once we have the results they should be passed on to FOH for them to present to the rest of the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

Why people want to keep McPhee in any capacity and even more weirdly,  keep CL as DoF is absolutely baffling.

 

 

 

It’s weird. The attitude of - he’s been hopeless at this job but let’s give him a different one.

 

Bizarre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo_Gaz
18 minutes ago, Mort said:

Can we do a new poll as of today? Once we have the results they should be passed on to FOH for them to present to the rest of the board.

Agreed. There should be a simple stay or leave now option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Plank
14 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Agreed. There should be a simple stay or leave now option. 

 

I would have him as academy director.

 

Not DoF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo

There is only one suitable person for caretaker manager if Levein goes now, and it’s Gary Locke. Next two games are huge and Locke has a track record of being able to beat both these teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

There is only one suitable person for caretaker manager if Levein goes now, and it’s Gary Locke. Next two games are huge and Locke has a track record of being able to beat both these teams. 

 

I wouldn’t object to that but under no circumstances can Locke be a full time option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

There is only one suitable person for caretaker manager if Levein goes now, and it’s Gary Locke. Next two games are huge and Locke has a track record of being able to beat both these teams. 

 

Locke's record in management is abysmal - I still get angry when I think back to the season we got relegated thinking a competent manager might have at least got us to the play off place.  Gary Naysmith is working for Hearts and did do better with teams in lower leagues, but hasn't got any SPL management record.

Edited by frankblack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swanny17
39 minutes ago, Mort said:

Can we do a new poll as of today? Once we have the results they should be passed on to FOH for them to present to the rest of the board.

 

20 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Agreed. There should be a simple stay or leave now option. 

 

New poll started folks. As Jambo_Gaz says, only 2 options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grumpyespana

I will put my hand up and say I was a  Levein lover excuse the pun but what I have seen in the three home games has been a disgrace and hope Anne sees sense and does the right thing before Craig pulls her down with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

 

I wouldn’t object to that but under no circumstances can Locke be a full time option

Completely agree. Put Locke in charge for Hibs and Aberdeen and get someone else in place full time for after these games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Locke's record in management is abysmal - I still get angry when I think back to the season we got relegated thinking a competent manager might have at least got us to the play off place.  Gary Naysmith is working for Hearts and did do better with teams in lower leagues, but hasn't got any SPL management record.

Locke’s management record v Hibs and Aberdeen is far from abysmal. He can get a Hearts team fired up for a big game. Can’t see that we have anyone else at the club better suited to leading us into these next two games. Get someone else in full time afterwards though. At least this would buy the board a little time to find someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
Just now, amadjambo said:

Locke’s management record v Hibs and Aberdeen is far from abysmal. He can get a Hearts team fired up for a big game. Can’t see that we have anyone else at the club better suited to leading us into these next two games. Get someone else in full time afterwards though. At least this would buy the board a little time to find someone.

 

You are going way back.  He fell down the leagues until no club wanted him and he is doing a hospitality role now.  I hold him culpable for us getting relegated without a fight, and that isn't good enough for a caretaker manager.

 

Naysmith looks a better bet to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
Just now, frankblack said:

 

You are going way back.  He fell down the leagues until no club wanted him and he is doing a hospitality role now.  I hold him culpable for us getting relegated without a fight, and that isn't good enough for a caretaker manager.

 

Naysmith looks a better bet to me.

 

His record in that relegation is identical to Levein over the last 38 league games. 

 

Neither are good enough to manage Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88
56 minutes ago, Mort said:

Can we do a new poll as of today? Once we have the results they should be passed on to FOH for them to present to the rest of the board.

 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a19bb3abcef0b49a769

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
23 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

There is only one suitable person for caretaker manager if Levein goes now, and it’s Gary Locke. Next two games are huge and Locke has a track record of being able to beat both these teams. 

Locke couldn’t beat an Inverness team with 9 men in 30 mins of extra time.

would he list a full bench of subs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KyleLafferty

Pretty harsh on Locke. Had kris Boyd and David goodwille basically signed till the transfer embargo then had to play kids and got paid buttons. If it was for one two games max I wouldn’t mind. Hearts legend and hearts daft. And easily one the nicest blokes I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

You are going way back.  He fell down the leagues until no club wanted him and he is doing a hospitality role now.  I hold him culpable for us getting relegated without a fight, and that isn't good enough for a caretaker manager.

 

Naysmith looks a better bet to me.

Naysmith’s mgmt record is pretty poor too, which is why he’s in his current role.

 

And apart from maybe Andy Kirk, I wouldn’t want anyone else at the club to take over in a caretaker capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Locke couldn’t beat an Inverness team with 9 men in 30 mins of extra time.

would he list a full bench of subs?

 

Christ.  I had years of therapy to get over that one - thanks for reminding me.

:muggy:

 

Then there is always the league cup final that McGlynn set him up in.

 

:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Christ.  I had years of therapy to get over that one - thanks for reminding me.

:muggy:

 

Then there is always the league cup final that McGlynn set him up in.

 

:facepalm:

Correct!! Yet people seriously want him promoted from club ambassador to caretaker head coach!!

that defies belief for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coco
1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Unfortunately CL will not be resigning any time soon. He’s far too arrogant for that. He will only go with a large pay-off as he does not give a **** about the club. 

 

Remember, this is the man who called Hearts a provincial club when he moved to Leicester. 😡

 

Where was he during the SOH era?

 

Where was he at the formation of FOH? 

 

 

Levein was fully behind the not fit for purpose nonsense and supported the proposed move to murrayfield. 

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/levein-helps-sell-murrayfield-move-to-sceptical-hearts-fans-73468.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads

It's a tragedy that Craig Levein has earned legendary status at the club but now risks sacrificing that by his stubbornness, if he holds the club to ransom over a severance deal then that will be the final nail. His career was in the doldrums when AB called him in  so he owes her and us some respect if and when he decides to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo
45 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct!! Yet people seriously want him promoted from club ambassador to caretaker head coach!!

that defies belief for me.

Locke knew how to get a Hearts team fored up for a Derby, and he knew how to beat Aberdeen, home and away. For two games it seems like a reasonable proposition. Someone in the dressing room to fire up and motivate the team. Any longer than that and clearly it would be a terrible idea, and much more substance would be required. But right now our team has ability but zero passion. As a very short term solution it doesn’t seem like a terrible idea to me. Clearly there’s a few that disagree though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Locke knew how to get a Hearts team fored up for a Derby, and he knew how to beat Aberdeen, home and away. For two games it seems like a reasonable proposition. Someone in the dressing room to fire up and motivate the team. Any longer than that and clearly it would be a terrible idea, and much more substance would be required. But right now our team has ability but zero passion. As a very short term solution it doesn’t seem like a terrible idea to me. Clearly there’s a few that disagree though.

If any of our players need Gary Locke to get them up for a derby then we may as well put the lights out now!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

If any of our players need Gary Locke to get them up for a derby then we may as well put the lights out now!!!

 

Think you might well need to put the lights out then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Think you might well need to put the lights out then.

Very worrying indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...