Skyline Lounge

MMHearts

Looks like you can see the castle from the Skyline Lounge after all.  Red neck for quite a few posters on here and H**s.net.  Pictures on the official website.  Looks to be very classy.

A7F1B80E-4AD8-4413-ABCB-385F6DBC8AA1.jpeg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prof

• Unknown user

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Was there recently - couldn’t really see castle.

It does help to be 6ft but I was impressed with the lounge itself. 

Pants Shaton
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It does help to be 6ft but I was impressed with the lounge itself. 

I’m 6ft and could see bugger all - I’ll borrow your platform shoes next time!

Is the view of the castle served with chips? :rofl:

The above always has them rolling in the aisles over on .nut. 

I don't get it either. I know why I laugh at Hibs with their imaginary triumphs, floodlights, flair, beep beep...but what are they mindless hyenas laughing at?

Seymour M Hersh
27 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Probably quite difficult to see when you're sprawled pished on the floor PS. ::troll::

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Did you turn round? 

😜

Ryotaro Meshino had lunch there with another Japanese lad at Ross County game around 1.15pm.

Austin McPhee turned up later around 1.30pm for a brief chat.

The castle is visible - just - from one corner of the lounge. Anywhere else and you just see the school roof. We've known this since before the stand opened. 

Quite a balls up from the architect. 

Coburg Hearts

"The hugely successful evening then culminated on the roof terrace where the spectacular fireworks display above Edinburgh Castle formed the backdrop."

I think that's your answer.

7 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Ryotaro Meshino had lunch there with another Japanese lad at Ross County game around 1.15pm.

Austin McPhee turned up later around 1.30pm for a brief chat.

:lol:

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

There’s a wooden door at the far end left side for access to the rooftop.

Does that take you up to the Roof Terrace?

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Does that take you up to the Roof Terrace?

If you are on the rooftop then you won't be going 'up' to a terrace

I can see the castle perfectly well from Princes Street. More importantly is the new lounge a great day out. The concept is great, any update on what we can expect. 

Coburg Hearts
11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If you are on the rooftop then you won't be going 'up' to a terrace

I was referring to the Skyline Lounge and asking if the Roof Terrace was ABOVE that. I've never been in it so don't know the layout, but according to the text in the Hearts site, the evening culminated on the Roof Terrace where the fireworks display formed the back-drop.

Surely the Sky Lounge is meant to be a great experience for Jambos and their families and friends on match day and not a viewpoint for the castle.

8 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

List of things I want to see when I'm in hospitality:

1. The bar

List ends

Indeed though my list would be 

1. Food

2. Food

3. Attractive Women

4. Food

No idea why people want to try and pick at the club , can see the castle , cant see the castle. I can see my neighbours house from my kitchen but not my bedroom. Does that mean I can or can’t see my neighbours house. Way we go on , on here its like Schrödinger’s Castle...  

Edited by sadj

Just now, Prof said:

Surely the Sky Lounge is meant to be a great experience for Jambos and their families and friends on match day and not a viewpoint for the castle.

For once we agree

11 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

1. The bar

List ends

:yas:

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed though my list would be 

1. Food

2. Food

3. Attractive Women

4. Food

No idea why people want to try and pick at can see the castle cant see the castle. I can see my neighbours house from my kitchen but not my bedroom. Does that mean I can or can’t see my neighbours house. Way we go on , on here its like Schrödinger’s Castle...  

:rofl:

I don’t get the nonsense with the castle view either. 

17 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

1. The bar

List ends

For Skyline, you can have up to ten alcoholic drinks including champagne on arrival.

18 minutes ago, farin said:

It was sold on that until the club realised they’d built the stand 10ft too low. You now get a view of Tynecastle high school mostly. 😲

Evidence for that please!

21 minutes ago, farin said:

It was sold on that until the club realised they’d built the stand 10ft too low. You now get a view of Tynecastle high school mostly. 😲

Could we not just make stilts available for the patrons?

2 minutes ago, farin said:

A terrace on top of the terrace roof would be an more sensible option. 😄 

It's terraces all the way up! I'd get a bit nervous about building too high though.

1200px-Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder_-_The_To

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It's terraces all the way up! I'd get a bit nervous about building too high though.

1200px-Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder_-_The_To

I wonder if that's a listed building. haha

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Of course you can see the castle from the Skyline Lounge. 

The only ****ing castle that matters and you're standing in it

2 hours ago, MMHearts said:

Looks like you can see the castle from the Skyline Lounge after all.  Red neck for quite a few posters on here and H**s.net.  Pictures on the official website.  Looks to be very classy.

A7F1B80E-4AD8-4413-ABCB-385F6DBC8AA1.jpeg

That photo is not taken from the Skyline balcony.

29 minutes ago, farin said:

A minor blip in our march to the top, well except for the odd ten feet.

Just as well we have a PR machine that tell us everything is brilliant and "Second to none". Where would we be without them I wonder.

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo Junior getting married in the Skyline 2 weeks today, looking very nice indeed.

Canapes on the balcony you say....................just hope its bloody dry!!

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

A minor blip in our march to the top, well except for the odd ten feet.

Just as well we have a PR machine that tell us everything is brilliant and "Second to none". Where would we be without them I wonder.

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, farin said:

The new stand is not 10ft too low.

It is build at the correct height to match the level of the trusses and roof on the other 3 stands.

The PR people at the Club assumes you could see the castle from the balcony area - they were wrong!

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Clerry Jambo Junior getting married in the Skyline 2 weeks today, looking very nice indeed.

Canapes on the balcony you say....................just hope its bloody dry!!

Congrats. I hope you all have a great day.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That photo is not taken from the Skyline balcony.

Where exactly was the picture taken from? Asking for a friend

21 minutes ago, farin said:

Check back on the thread it’s all there. 👍🏻

That’s not evidence. It’s speculative nonsense.

I prefer the term constructive criticism but you keep using pictures to get your point across.

Humblest apologies members but I removed Justin Zs post in its' entirety forgetting that it would remove his name due to the complete absence of any text. 

Edited by 7628mm

Seems to me that whenever Hearts introduce a great new concept like Sky Lounge, a number of people fall over themselves in their desperation to criticise the club and somehow make out Hearts are run by idiots.

Pants Shaton
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

The castle is visible - just - from one corner of the lounge. Anywhere else and you just see the school roof. We've known this since before the stand opened. 

Quite a balls up from the architect. 

There’s a lot that’s impressive about the new stand but I think the hospitality spaces are really poorly designed - just a bit too narrow - a few extra metres would have made a huge difference.  You wonder how much thought went into how the spaces would be used and that’s true of the concourse area and toilets too.  

The fact that a skyline lounge about 3 metres higher would have had a perfect view of Edinburgh is a bit tragic.  

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

There’s a lot that’s impressive about the new stand but I think the hospitality spaces are really poorly designed - just a bit too narrow - a few extra metres would have made a huge difference.  You wonder how much thought went into how the spaces would be used and that’s true of the concourse area and toilets too.  

The fact that a skyline lounge about 3 metres higher would have had a perfect view of Edinburgh is a bit tragic.  

2 minutes ago, farin said:

By the time hearts realised the mistake it was too late tbh. 

Seems to me that whenever Hearts introduce a great new concept like Sky Lounge, a number of people fall over themselves in their desperation to criticise the club and somehow make out Hearts are run by idiots.

Pants Shaton
Just now, Prof said:

Seems to me that whenever Hearts introduce a great new concept like Sky Lounge, a number of people fall over themselves in their desperation to criticise the club and somehow make out Hearts are run by idiots.

You can check my history on this stuff, if you like.  I love the people running the club, an anti-i8 if you will.  

Still the the original mock-ups of the skyline lounge (which I can’t find online anymore) were all amazing views, trendy decor and red brick columns.  The real thing is a bit meh - like the business lounge in a 4 star hotel.

6 minutes ago, Prof said:

Seems to me that whenever Hearts introduce a great new concept like Sky Lounge, a number of people fall over themselves in their desperation to criticise the club and somehow make out Hearts are run by idiots.

You ask a question which is easy to answer ...can you see the castle from the Skyline lounge ?..Answer Yes

They then go on and on about not seeing it from every spot in the lounge ignoring the facts

It really is just that sad.  I'd love to visit their homes and do a critique about their sea views, views over the park , Arthurs seat in the distance local schools within a mile...well at least within 3 miles when challenged and for what reason for all it does is damage a club they claim to support

3 minutes ago, farin said:

By the time hearts realised the mistake it was too late tbh. 

Understand that but building something of that importance and cost you would have expected the club to have done some 'sense checking' of the plans before they gave it the go ahead. 

Measure twice cut once